• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroes 2011

972 posts in this topic

Had a great time at the show. Got to help my friend set up his booth and spent Friday wondering around. Got sketches from Saviuk and Kesel (he was working the HERO Initiative booth and I like to donate to them) and autographs from Staton, Wrightson and of course Neal Adams. Did not buy a lot of books, but did get to see alot of boardies. . .

GAtor, Capt. Comics, VintageComics, Dr. Watson, Dale Roberts, to name a few. If I missed someone please forgive me.

Very good time and I enjoy seeing and meeting boardies at these shows!

who is VintageComics (shrug)

Roy!

Who's Roy? :baiting:

That old guy in the back row; he was wearing a "VintageComics" baseball cap.

Had a great time at the show. Got to help my friend set up his booth and spent Friday wondering around. Got sketches from Saviuk and Kesel (he was working the HERO Initiative booth and I like to donate to them) and autographs from Staton, Wrightson and of course Neal Adams. Did not buy a lot of books, but did get to see alot of boardies. . .

GAtor, Capt. Comics, VintageComics, Dr. Watson, Dale Roberts, to name a few. If I missed someone please forgive me.

Roy!

Just another long haired hippy out to make a buck flipping funny books. :baiting:

BTW Steve, excellent recommendation for the Cajun Queen....gaining 5 lbs never felt so good. :applause:

Just wanted to thank everyone for the great time this weekend...ran into a ton of Boardies and had a lot of fun hanging out with the Usual Suspects. As usual, I had another awesome buying show that in fact has been my best yet in the three years I've been coming to Heroes. There is just so much stuff on the convention floor to find that it's much easier to run out of money then worthwhile material to spend it on. Good way to begin my comic hiatus after picking up so many top-notch books.

I had actually left on Saturday and spent most of the afternoon vegging out back at the hotel room, only to return on Sunday to find another $1,000+ worth of slab-worthy high grade books still sitting on wall displays. That's how much great stuff is out there. I highly recommend making the trip next year if at all possible.

And speaking to a dozen dealers, most everyone had a great show...many folks reporting their best sales at this show in 5-10 years. That's probably the best news of all!

Day 1 in the books.............getting ready for day 2

Saw lots of old friends and boardies. Had a great time and even sold some books :applause:

Think we all had a FANTASTIC time at the board dinner last night eating with Neal Adams and family........................WAY TO GO NERF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (thumbs u

That was a great night and I'm glad it all worked out.

It was an all around great experience. The food was great and the N. Adams family was

a very, very humble down to earth group. The Best!

Sitting next to and talking one on one with Neal was a dream come true for me.

Being and illustrator myself and listening to his views on the business, his career, and the

the clients/projects he worked with made me feel like an investor having dinner with Warren Buffett.

I was blown away.

I met some great new/old boardees that were very supportive in this event and definitely

appreciated.

I also want to take the time to give a special shout out to Jesse (ashsaytr) for having a

heart of gold in being so generous at this dinner - Hats of to you master sarge!

Thanks to everyone!

:applause:

Roy!

I never did manage to find that guy.

I'm going to have to sick my lawyers on him!

:kidaround:

Roy!

Roy, I'm pretty sure I saw you chatting up some young thing in a very impressive latex costume. As I walked up, she had peeled off a piece and you were saying something about how your lady likes to dress up?

(worship)

(True story.)

Roy!

Roy, I'm pretty sure I saw you chatting up some young thing in a very impressive latex costume. As I walked up, she had peeled off a piece and you were saying something about how your lady likes to dress up?

(worship)

(True story.)

Yup, that was me. You should have stopped to say hi!

She had a pretty amazing costume made up. She and her husband design costumes for a living. I took their card as Lou likes to dress up at some shows.

The costume was a black latex suit (ala Black Widow) but she had a multi piece "chrome" phoenix on the front that was brilliantly done using fibreglass and magnets.

They did an awesome job!

Linky to their facebok page.

The costume is about 6 or 7 pics in.

Busted

Naw, I told Lou about 'em. Can't get busted when you have noting to hide.

:baiting:

Now can you ask Lego to erase his post?

:jokealert:

Just got home, had the best show ever, Period!

I keep hearing that. Some dealers said they did better in one day than all of last year.

Good news! Comics seem to be bouncing back consistently after a 2 year plateau.

Made this show for a few hours on Saturday and got to meet one of my comic creator heroes, Jim Starlin.

Special thanks to Adam (Peter Palmer) for picking up a pre-made sketch from Mr. Starlin for me on Friday (and setting up some various sketch covers for me!), and much to my surprise I was able to buy another one from him on Saturday when I got my 2 minutes to chat at his table. (I have a large Thanos bust and a smaller full figure of Thanos - I'll post them tomorrow)

This would've been enough to make me happy, but about the time I was getting ready to head out to the airport, I noticed no one was in line for Starlin's Image booth signing.

So I got to stand there and talk to him for 30 minutes! How cool is that?

A very personable and great guy, it's a show I'll always remember.

Also got a great Deadman sketch from Neal Adams on the inside of my Art of Neal Adams book, and some great stuff from Tim Vigil.

For the short time I was there I had a blast!

The last day I picked up a very cool Neal Adams Captain America bust sketch on a fallen son blank. Chatted it up with Neal before the show. What a super nice guy he even gave me a Green Arrow/Green Lantern autographed Heroes Con print. I then picked up a Gino Patti Batman vs the Joker sketch on a Fear it's self blank and then picked up a Skottie Youmg Captain America sketch on a Fallen Son blank. Then it was off to Jim Starlins table where a got a quick Batman head sketch and talked with him about his work on the Death in the Family run on Batman. Also got a quick Captain America head sketch from Tim Sale and a half figure Captain America sketch from Shawn Harbin.

Then I looked around the dealer tables found a very nice Deadpool #11 Amazing Fantasy #15 cover swipe book that has a strong shot at a 9.8 for only 9.00 . Also picked up two Kenner super powers figures Superman and Robin. Chated with Dr Watson for a little Then i ran into the guys at hot flips and chatted with them for a while.

Overall had a great weekend look forward to next year

Just got home, had the best show ever, Period!

I keep hearing that. Some dealers said they did better in one day than all of last year.

Good news! Comics seem to be bouncing back consistently after a 2 year plateau.

:wishluck:

I had one of my best Heroes Cons ever.

Thanks to all the board members that came over and helped me out (thumbs u

I'll try and do a recap today or later in the week