• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroes 2011

972 posts in this topic

Well, what had been a great weekend was screwed up royally by Delta. A mid afternoon thunderstorm delayed my plane out of Charlotte yesterday afternoon, which caused me to miss my flight to Tampa. Wouldn't have been an issue since there was a one last flight leaving for Tampa after the one I was scheduled for, but I ended up missing that one too. When we finally arrived in Atlanta, there was another Delta plane in the gate we were supposed to disembark at...due to mechanical issues, they couldn't move the that plane for over 40 minutes. It was after 10:00 when we finally were off the plane (I was originally supposed to arrive into Atlanta at 7:00 pm), but all of the connecting flights had already left for the day. By the time I was rebooked for a 7:25am morning flight and checked into a hotel in ATL, it was 12:15am. Woke back up at 4:30am to return to the airport.

I will never fly Delta again. What a nightmare. doh!

Well, what had been a great weekend was screwed up royally by Delta. A mid afternoon thunderstorm delayed my plane out of Charlotte yesterday afternoon, which caused me to miss my flight to Tampa. Wouldn't have been an issue since there was a one last flight leaving for Tampa after the one I was scheduled for, but I ended up missing that one too. When we finally arrived in Atlanta, there was another Delta plane in the gate we were supposed to disembark at...due to mechanical issues, they couldn't move the that plane for over 40 minutes. It was after 10:00 when we finally were off the plane (I was originally supposed to arrive into Atlanta at 7:00 pm), but all of the connecting flights had already left for the day. By the time I was rebooked for a 7:25am morning flight and checked into a hotel in ATL, it was 12:15am. Woke back up at 4:30am to return to the airport.

My flights were nice and smooth up in first class :baiting:

Did they lint roll the seat after you left to remove the loose hair?

BTW, Earl had another batch of new books from that collection on Sunday...you'll be seeing a couple soon. :whistle:

BTW, Earl had another batch of new books from that collection on Sunday...you'll be seeing a couple soon. :whistle:

:o

(worship)

:whee:

(worship)

Yeah, but I think you still got the cream of the crop. A certain minor bronze key you were able to acquire is especially nice.

(worship)

Yeah, but I think you still got the cream of the crop. A certain minor bronze key you were able to acquire is especially nice.

It's nicer than originally thought.

(worship)

It's nicer than originally thought.

It was amazing how much stuff was still sitting on dealer's walls all weekend long.

I walked in on Sunday at 3 in the afternoon and pulled a hulk #181 from a dealer's wall that looks to be 9.2/9.4 and it just sat that all weekend long.

Had a great time this weekend, met a bunch of boardies. On Friday it seemed like every few minutes someone would walk up to me and ask "are you Beachbum?"

Managed to stay out of trouble, even after all the pictures of beautiful young women posing on my bed throughout the weekend. lol

Must remember to delete photos... lol

Major props to artist Matt Slay's Fiancee Arielle (butchering the spelling) for playing a prank on Hotflips' Steve and Jeff... and for Matt playing along.

Had a great time at the show. Got to help my friend set up his booth and spent Friday wondering around. Got sketches from Saviuk and Kesel (he was working the HERO Initiative booth and I like to donate to them) and autographs from Staton, Wrightson and of course Neal Adams. Did not buy a lot of books, but did get to see alot of boardies. . .

GAtor, Capt. Comics, VintageComics, Dr. Watson, Dale Roberts, to name a few. If I missed someone please forgive me.

Very good time and I enjoy seeing and meeting boardies at these shows!

who is VintageComics (shrug)

Roy!

Who's Roy? :baiting:

That old guy in the back row; he was wearing a "VintageComics" baseball cap.

I never did manage to find that guy.

I'm going to have to sick my lawyers on him!

:kidaround:

Roy, I'm pretty sure I saw you chatting up some young thing in a very impressive latex costume. As I walked up, she had peeled off a piece and you were saying something about how your lady likes to dress up?

(worship)

(True story.)

Yup, that was me. You should have stopped to say hi!

She had a pretty amazing costume made up. She and her husband design costumes for a living. I took their card as Lou likes to dress up at some shows.

The costume was a black latex suit (ala Black Widow) but she had a multi piece "chrome" phoenix on the front that was brilliantly done using fibreglass and magnets.

They did an awesome job!

Linky to their facebok page.

The costume is about 6 or 7 pics in.

I would have, but I was on my way to meet up with a buddy and his son... Her costume really was amazing, though. (And she really was very easy on the eyes, which made the whole situation all the more comical.)

:kidaround:

Next year, if I happen across you again, I'll be sure to stick around to say hey!

Had a great time this weekend, met a bunch of boardies. On Friday it seemed like every few minutes someone would walk up to me and ask "are you Beachbum?"

Managed to stay out of trouble, even after all the pictures of beautiful young women posing on my bed throughout the weekend. lol

Must remember to delete photos... lol

Major props to artist Matt Slay's Fiancee Arielle (butchering the spelling) for playing a prank on Hotflips' Steve and Jeff... and for Matt playing along.

Not me. Im not that gullable. :cool:

But yeah it would be in your best interest to delete those photos. I'll keep them on mine if you ever want to remember them.