• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroes 2011

972 posts in this topic

Overall Day 1 was fairly blah for me. I think I spent a grand total of about $60 on actual comics and $40 of that was on 12/$20 Gemstone Uncle Scrooges. Lots less comic dealers than last year. LOTS of out of order 50 cent and under boxes that I just didnt have the heart to dig through today though I may spend tomorrow doing that. I saw a grand total of ONE Dave Stevens book and it was a VG Alien Worlds 4 for $1. Got some sketches and had Neal Adams sign a HC and a sketchbook. The highlights were Adams and talking to Don Rosa for a nice while. It's really criminal how little attention he gets but I understand completely.

I see Don Rosa at this show every year and every year I spend my money somewhere else and think to myself, I'm going to regret that eventually.

Day 1 was loaded in sketch covers today. I pre-arranged a lot of sketch covers before the convention and picked most of them up today. Three by Scott Blair - An Avengers cover with a Black Widow, An Amazing Spider-man cover with Mary Jane, and an X-Men with an Emma Frost. Then I got the ever so gracious Joe Pierson to help me pick up a quick sketch of Mary Jane from Adam Hughes. Then it was on to Eric Basaldua, who I didn't even know was at the show until today. Picked up a Fairchild on a Marvels Project cover (wasn't about to hand him an Image United). Then it was on to Axebone, who doesn't even have a table at the show but still met up with me and did an awesome Enchantress on a Thor cover for me. I had one more lined up with Richard Cox on an Amazing Spider-man cover but he wasn't happy with the way it was turning out and we decided not to continue it. I didn't realize he was using copic markers on it and they don't hold well on those covers at all. We'll line something up again because he does awesome stuff.

As for books, I bought one book. A madman #4 with a Dave Stevens back cover. Not in the best shape but not bad either. Still have a few 11x14 commissions to pick up tomorrow and wrap it up. :thumbsup:

Dropped off a half-dozen books for grading at the CGC booth.

The only thing I bought was a couple CGC comic boxes from Hot Flips.

I agree. Less dealers at this year's Con.

Gotta work the entire day tomorrow.

Not sure if I'll trek back Sunday. Have to come up with a reason to make it worthwhile.

Dropped off one book off at the CGC booth to have signed a DC Special #29 . Ran into a few board members (Roy, Dale, John and Gator). Picked up a Ethan Van Sciver sketch. Only bought one book the Captain America Tron variant. Plan on getting a Neal Adams sketch tommorrow. Also will be picking up sketches from Tim Sale and Skottie Young.

We had fun talking with friends and folks. We changed our offerings a bit this year and actually divided the 4 gridwalls up into one wall raw silver/bronze/ and even a few graded moderns... One wall with raw gold and one 1/2 walls Cgc gold and 1/2 wall Cgc silver keys.

For the past 3 years worth of conventions we have always sold at least one 5 figure book on day one. That streak ended yesterday but alternatively we sold a bunch of 2 And 3 figure books. Will post a report when back home monday

Day 1 in the books.............getting ready for day 2

Saw lots of old friends and boardies. Had a great time and even sold some books :applause:

Think we all had a FANTASTIC time at the board dinner last night eating with Neal Adams and family........................WAY TO GO NERF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (thumbs u

Day 1 in the books.............getting ready for day 2

Saw lots of old friends and boardies. Had a great time and even sold some books :applause:

Think we all had a FANTASTIC time at the board dinner last night eating with Neal Adams and family........................WAY TO GO NERF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (thumbs u

of course the year i cant make it you guys eat dinner with neal freaking adams...

I forgot to mention I met zero boardies (other than Capt Comics). I guess I SHOULD have bought the sombrero! Oh well, we'll try again today. Green Lantern 76 shirt, bright orange backpack.

Send me a PM for a list of Heroes-attending Boardies you're better off not meeting.

I forgot to mention I met zero boardies (other than Capt Comics). I guess I SHOULD have bought the sombrero! Oh well, we'll try again today. Green Lantern 76 shirt, bright orange backpack.

Send me a PM for a list of Heroes-attending Boardies you're better off not meeting.

A PM? Is this junior high?

A PM? Is this junior high?

Pretty much.