• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroes 2011

972 posts in this topic

I forgot to mention I met zero boardies (other than Capt Comics). I guess I SHOULD have bought the sombrero! Oh well, we'll try again today. Green Lantern 76 shirt, bright orange backpack.

Send me a PM for a list of Heroes-attending Boardies you're better off not meeting.

A PM? Is this junior high?

Pretty much.

Junior high is too high.

scan0003-5.jpg

Just got home from the con. I live in NC. Had a great time, got to meet Neal Adams among others. What scares the hell out of me is that I left 7 books with CGC to get signed when I first got there. Two and a half hours later I walked by the table and my books were still sitting on the edge of the table :fear: I stood there for a while and was about to say something when the guy put my books in a box. I'm going to be a nervous wreck until I see that they've been accepted.

scan0003-5.jpg

Just got home from the con. I live in NC. Had a great time, got to meet Neal Adams among others. What scares the hell out of me is that I left 7 books with CGC to get signed when I first got there. Two and a half hours later I walked by the table and my books were still sitting on the edge of the table :fear: I stood there for a while and was about to say something when the guy put my books in a box. I'm going to be a nervous wreck until I see that they've been accepted.

When you say edge of the table do you mean the front table or the back table behind everyone?

Had a great time at the show. Got to help my friend set up his booth and spent Friday wondering around. Got sketches from Saviuk and Kesel (he was working the HERO Initiative booth and I like to donate to them) and autographs from Staton, Wrightson and of course Neal Adams. Did not buy a lot of books, but did get to see alot of boardies. . .

GAtor, Capt. Comics, VintageComics, Dr. Watson, Dale Roberts, to name a few. If I missed someone please forgive me.

Very good time and I enjoy seeing and meeting boardies at these shows!

Fantastic day two!!!!!!!

Having the best Heroes show I've had in about 4 years.

Had our annual get together last night at Banks Robinson's parents house.

Homemade BBQ, Ribs and beer can chicken with all the fixings. :cloud9:

Had a bunch of us there. Banks, Roger Mannon, David Shankle, Grant Merrill, Greg White, Chris Foss, Steven Rowe, Bob Bailey, etc. etc.

Getting ready for the last day.

(thumbs u

Adam Hughes sketch went for $12k at the charity auction. Wrightson finished painting sent for $4700

:applause:

kinda lost my ability to :applause: when I learned what the "charities" were

Would be nice if he gave them to the Fireman's Burn fund like he use to (shrug)

Day 1 in the books.............getting ready for day 2

Saw lots of old friends and boardies. Had a great time and even sold some books :applause:

Think we all had a FANTASTIC time at the board dinner last night eating with Neal Adams and family........................WAY TO GO NERF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (thumbs u

Wanted to let everyone know.....Shelton said tell everybody a big old THANKS for helping him entertain Mr Adams and family and a SPECIAL thanks to Wally for arranging this

Day 2 was a blast!

Started out by picking up two pieces by picking up an Adam Hughes quick sketch in my sketchbook and then over to Chrissie Zullo that I had arranged for before the convention, and did a little looking around for some books. Actually found two more Dave Stevens Covers and spotted a couple more I might go back and pick up today. Headed up to the Frank Cho panel and watched him draw an awesome Vampirella being attacked by zombies which they raffled off at the end of the panel (no, I didn't win). Then to the Inkwell Awards ceremony with auction where I picked up the cover to the 2010 Inkwell awards, a signed copy of the 2010 commemorative book, and the prelims all for $20! Nobody was bidding! A Scott Hanna splash page went for only $50! Lot's more roaming around picture taking and a Fuel stromboli later it was time for the art auction. Beautiful pieces everywhere and I got outbid on everything. They blew the record off the previous year's $8k mark with Adam Hughes hitting $12k but some pieces that you would have thought would have gone higher went relatively cheap. Everything wrapped up before 11 so the Westin bar was hopin' the rest of the night.

Time for day 3!

scan0003-5.jpg

When you say edge of the table do you mean the front table or the back table behind everyone?

Front table! Where someone could have walked off with my books :cry:

Had a great time at the show. Got to help my friend set up his booth and spent Friday wondering around. Got sketches from Saviuk and Kesel (he was working the HERO Initiative booth and I like to donate to them) and autographs from Staton, Wrightson and of course Neal Adams. Did not buy a lot of books, but did get to see alot of boardies. . .

GAtor, Capt. Comics, VintageComics, Dr. Watson, Dale Roberts, to name a few. If I missed someone please forgive me.

who is VintageComics (shrug)

Roy!

Roy!

Who's Roy? :baiting:

Roy!

:gossip:

Roy!

Oh, now I know. Thanks. :hi:

Roy!

Who's sborock? (shrug)

Roy!

Who's sborock? (shrug)

Just some poor schmuck......

Roy!

Who's sborock? (shrug)

Just some poor schmuck......

Fixed that for you. lol