• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Family Collecting Thread!
3 3

1,567 posts in this topic

I'm sure there are a few more who do;) I'm up to #31. I'm surprised how good some of the art is...and how silly the stories.

I know I read these before, but I still find new stuff.

I agree the stories are silly but when I first read them they were cool to me and remain like that in my mind.

If I read an issue somehow my mind goes back to then and they still seem cool, they are of their time, if that makes sense ;)

I agree the stories are silly but when I first read them they were cool to me and remain like that in my mind.

If I read an issue somehow my mind goes back to then and they still seem cool, they are of their time, if that makes sense ;)

Sure does!

(thumbs u

Some new stuff arrived today, thought since I had just posted the Lois Lane 15 and the Superman 132, I should add this one in. So that just leaves an issue of Adventure to have the whole set, right?

Action211_zps4b8136ab.jpg

Some new stuff arrived today, thought since I had just posted the Lois Lane 15 and the Superman 132, I should add this one in. So that just leaves an issue of Adventure to have the whole set, right?

Action211_zps4b8136ab.jpg

Yes, and that's the toughest to find! I've only seen 2 in HG. I think "steel city" has one and collector who doesn't participate in the chat room.

OK...so you guys inspired me to buy some cheap silver again...I got these for less than $7 each yesterday at Terry's show. They actually look much nicer in person. My scanner brings out all the warts... lol :

2czu6ur.jpg

2i0brer.jpg

kbess1.jpg

e6vnr9.jpg

At 7 bucks a pop those are great books. Beautiful colors can help to offset some of the defects. Yes, you did meet Ken at the show. I was there for only about an hour. I really went to submit two books to CGC. But I couldn't turn down the LL 106 that Ken was selling. It's a beautiful 8.5/9.0 copy. I'll be at Wonder Con for one day only. Maybe we'll meet there.

Sounds good. How will I know who you are? Should I wear a badge that says, "HI! I'm tricolorbrian!"?

I've never even seen that Lois 106. It came out after I quit buying the title. Hmmm....might have to look for one of those. I would have bought more of the cheap Jimmy's but i didn't have my list with me and wasn't sure which books I needed. Probably all of them... lol Well, anyway...it was a fun little show. See the Gold forum for the 3 holy grails I picked up there.

Oh yeah...I read the main story in #60...absolutely nauseating... :roflmao: I just can't read Jimmy's anymore...but the covers are so stupid they're cool. :applause:

Edited by tricolorbrian

OK...so you guys inspired me to buy some cheap silver again...I got these for less than $7 each yesterday at Terry's show. They actually look much nicer in person. My scanner brings out all the warts... lol :

2czu6ur.jpg

2i0brer.jpg

kbess1.jpg

e6vnr9.jpg

Looks good, wish I could find a good deal like that at a local show. Seems like half the time I think I've got something good at a good price, I open it up and find there are pages missing, or coupons cut out.