• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Family Collecting Thread!
3 3

1,567 posts in this topic

I have GOT to get that collection organized...

Yes you do. You'll get far more enjoyment out of it then, not to mention the delight you'll get from rediscovering old treasures while you're engaged in the organization process. So stop procrastinating, and start on the job today.

:makepoint:

Recent pick up.... a decent copy of a cool old Superman comic....

Mmmmm! Nice White Mountain!

(thumbs u

Recent pick up.... a decent copy of a cool old Superman comic.... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

SUPERMAN167wmcopy-1.jpg

That's some book, my friend! Love the white background. I have a few White Mountains myself and they are dynamite books. I believe when the collection was first discovered it was dubbed the Mile High of the Silver Age. Congrats!

SUPERMAN167wmcopy-1.jpg

LOVE WHITE MOUNTAIN! I have some Avengers and Iron Man but I wish I had a lot more of them anything White Mountain :cloud9: beautiful book congrats

Loving this thread, some amazing books posted.

I just got this grail, Adventure 247 . Such a difficult book to find in decent shape. I had to step up to the plate to get this but being a page junkie I couldn't resist.

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=20487&GSub=887

Bob that's beautiful congrats :applause:

SUPERMAN167wmcopy-1.jpg

I've always loved that cover. Nice book.

I have GOT to get that collection organized...

Yes you do. You'll get far more enjoyment out of it then, not to mention the delight you'll get from rediscovering old treasures while you're engaged in the organization process. So stop procrastinating, and start on the job today.

:makepoint:

Yeah, I know, but easier said than done, my friend. I've got around 20,000 books sitting around here, with only about half in any sort of order. At least most of them are recorded - although when stupid DC puts "80-Page Giant" AND "Superman Annual" on the cover, it's difficult to be sure I recorded something correctly.

Most of my Superman Family books from last week were Jimmy Olsen's purchased from Sharon here on the boards, but I did pick up a few others.

LoisLane074_zpsbccc3643.jpg

Superboy093_zpsdefaad50.jpg

Superboy104_zps8b577363.jpg

SupermanAnnual002_zpsd1bbde50.jpg

Pulled this out in anticipation of posting in the Silver Age game, but figured I might as well post it here in the meantime. Had this one for over 20 years, since it is the in part of my collection that is organized ;) Sticker on the bag says it was $30, but I probably bought it at a discount.

Action252_zps79ef04bb.jpg

Scanned this for the Silver Age game, but figured I would put it here, too.

One of my latest purchases, this contains an early (6th?) Legion appearance, which makes it one of my favorites by combining my favorite solo character with my favorite group.

Action276_zps43c7f3ad.jpg

That's a great book. I've been looking for just the right copy for many years now but haven't quite laid eyes on one that suits my pocketbook and still presents well. Yours is nice copy. I'm assuming the Silver Age Supergirl is your favorite character.

Congrats on locating the book. :cloud9:

That's a great book. I've been looking for just the right copy for many years now but haven't quite laid eyes on one that suits my pocketbook and still presents well. Yours is nice copy. I'm assuming the Silver Age Supergirl is your favorite character.

Yeah, I messed up the way I said that - even though I DO love Supergirl, and she is not only featured on the cover AND the two stories inside, I was speaking more of her cousin.

Congrats on locating the book. :cloud9:

Thanks, I was very happy when I got it. On the lookout for the Action 300 to complete the "all Actions in my lifetime" set!

Your enthusiasm for these SA DC books really shows!

Yeah, although I continue to buy new releases each week out of habit, I haven't read much of them in recent years. Digging into these old issues is fun, and take me back to a simpler time before having to figure out what's for dinner, or kids moving to the opposite side of the country, or any of the numerous other things that being a middle-age man involves.

Just some good ole American fun, where at the end of the day SPOILER ALERT no one thinks it's creepy that Superman is kissing his disguised cousin while pretending she is his girlfriend in order to save the day.

Yeah, I messed up the way I said that - even though I DO love Supergirl, and she is not only featured on the cover AND the two stories inside, I was speaking more of her cousin.

Yes, but Supergirl has charms of her own too!

Here anyway is my entry to the Action Comics 300 club:

23-08-201172926PM.jpg

;)

Edited by Hepcat

Yes, but Supergirl has charms of her own too!

Here anyway is my entry to the Action Comics 300 club:

23-08-201172926PM.jpg

;)

Why do you all keep mocking me with the one issue of Action I don't own from the last 54 years?!!

:)

Nice one.

One of my latest:

Action260_zpse7d43435.jpg

So who then is Mighty Maid?

???

Shhh, don't tell anyone - it's Superman's Secret Emergency Weapon in disguise, in order to trick some aliens into thinking Superman fell in love and left Earth.