• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Family Collecting Thread!
3 3

1,567 posts in this topic

Nice books, Hepcat! I particularly liked the 3 Generations of Superman when I was a kid.

Had three boxes on my porch today, including one with my latest Superman acquisition, Superman Annual #2. That just leaves #4 to complete the set of Annuals. Here is my new #2:

SupermanAnnual002_zps5a8fa079.jpg

A few of my latest pickups:

Oh, no, Superman is marrying someone besides Lois! How could this be? - the storyline of just about every other issue of Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane.

Superman120_zps168d4f80.jpg

Curt Swan's artwork on the Superman title was simply a cut above Wayne Boring's. That's very obvious from the covers you posted.

Is that Lucy Lane Superman is marrying on the cover of #120? Of course all the women these artists drew in the early Silver Age looked alike other than their hairstyles.

(shrug)

Oh, no, Superman is marrying someone besides Lois! How could this be? - the storyline of just about every other issue of Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane.

Curt Swan's artwork on the Superman title was simply a cut above Wayne Boring's. That's very obvious from the covers you posted.

Is that Lucy Lane Superman is marrying on the cover of #120? Of course all the women these artists drew in the early Silver Age looked alike other than their hairstyles.

(shrug)

story reprinted here if I remember right (look lower right corner)

sma7a.jpg

Is that Lucy Lane Superman is marrying on the cover of #120?

Nope! Just a robot pretending to be Perry White's niece Joyce. A real doll decades early for Superman!

;)

Edited by Hepcat

(shrug)

story reprinted here if I remember right (look lower right corner)

sma7a.jpg

Nope - that reprint is from Lois Lane #2, "Superman's Secret Sweetheart".

(Thanks, Grand Comics Database - I first looked in my copy of Annual 7, then looked up where it was from on the GCD)

Really? That looks like the same blonde hussy!

That's the first time anyone has used that word since Mort Weisinger retired as editor of the Superman titles! In fact, he was the only one keeping the word alive into the sixties.

:insane:

Loving this thread, some amazing books posted.

I just got this grail, Adventure 247 . Such a difficult book to find in decent shape. I had to step up to the plate to get this but being a page junkie I couldn't resist.

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=20487&GSub=887

Loving this thread, some amazing books posted.

I just got this grail, Adventure 247 . Such a difficult book to find in decent shape. I had to step up to the plate to get this but being a page junkie I couldn't resist.

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=20487&GSub=887

:applause:

That is just such a lovely book, I always loved this book and you are correct it is so tough in decent shape.

Hard to compete with Bob's post, so I just won't try (closest I could probably come is Action 252, and if it's like most of my collection, it's kinda rough).

Here's my latest heart break, though:

80-PageGiant1_001_zps2b2bd69b.jpg

The reason for my heart break is that I bought this back in November thinking I didn't have one. But the other day - when looking for the Superman Annual with the blonde hussy mentioned by Silver, in fact - I found that I had a copy bought more than 20 years ago, disguised as a Superman Annual #1. And now I don't know whether I actually own a Superman Annual #1! I have GOT to get that collection organized...