• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Family Collecting Thread!
3 3

1,567 posts in this topic

Not a first of any kind unless it's the first time Lois goes to prison but I love the DC Greens and single-digit Lois Lane Comics are difficult to find in HG.

LL6_zpsa36c960c.jpg

Beautiful copy Steve. :cloud9: Your collection continues to amaze!!

Thanks for the comment. I'll only add that it's a good thing that I purchased many of these books in the 1970s-1990s. Couldn't afford them today at current market prices. I'm not sure about this but I think books like the Lois Lane were harder to locate in the days before the internet. There are many collectors on these boards that have dynamite collections and know more about this topic.

Not a first of any kind unless it's the first time Lois goes to prison but I love the DC Greens and single-digit Lois Lane Comics are difficult to find in HG.

LL6_zpsa36c960c.jpg

I'm sure that all DC books from 1959 will be tough to find in high grade.

This is probably my nicest single digit Lois. I would tend to agree that they used to seem harder to find, however, none of them are in big supply:

ll8.jpg

This is a very tough book.

Sorry I missed your birthday thread, Silver. Hope you had a good day and enjoyed Spider-Man 2. How does it compare to previous Spider-Man movies?

LL6_zpsa36c960c.jpg

Beautiful copy Steve. :cloud9: Your collection continues to amaze!!

Thanks for the comment. I'll only add that it's a good thing that I purchased many of these books in the 1970s-1990s. Couldn't afford them today at current market prices. I'm not sure about this but I think books like the Lois Lane were harder to locate in the days before the internet. There are many collectors on these boards that have dynamite collections and know more about this topic.

Agreed, Lois Lane was one of the hardest titles for me to complete, living in the UK, any grade for the early stuff is nigh on impossible, managed to finally complete it about 2 years ago, but could spend the next 20 years trying and failing to grade up.

Gorgeous books as always, I am loving this thread lately (worship)(worship)(worship)

this would be my second nicest single digit, from the Toth collection:

ll4cgc.jpg

As for Spider-man 2, my wife stated "that's my last Spider-man movie" lol

It was okay at best, but let's stop rehashing the same stuff and move on to some new material....and Mary Jane Watson!

LL6_zpsa36c960c.jpg

Adventure Comics #219 has a very similar green background color to Lois Lane #6.

de45e2ba-3479-4cbb-aedd-3b52c41c8178_zps188e7f2f.jpg

ll4cgc.jpg

It was okay at best, but let's stop rehashing the same stuff and move on to some new material....and Mary Jane Watson!

Really nice book. My #7 is also from the Toth collection.

My single digit LL's, all obtained in the 1990's and YES, they were extremely tough to find. I still need a #4, love your Toth copy. Anybody have an undercopy #4 to help a collector out ? :baiting:

IMG_3466.jpg

IMG_3467.jpg

IMG_3468.jpg

IMG_3469.jpg

ll4cgc.jpg

Beautiful book, Dan. Didn't know it was your B-day so "Put Another Candle on your Birthday Cake

Your Birthday Cake

Your Birthday Cake

Put on Another Candle on Your Birthday Cake.

You're Another Year Old Today.

(" Birthday Cake Polka")

LL6_zpsa36c960c.jpg

Adventure Comics #219 has a very similar green background color to Lois Lane #6.

de45e2ba-3479-4cbb-aedd-3b52c41c8178_zps188e7f2f.jpg

Dang! You come up with the most beautful 1950s and early 1960s DC books on the planet. I just love this Adventure 219 and the DC Greens nearly match. I did track down an Adventure Comics 200 at the Minneapolis Wizard Con a couple of weeks ago. Left it with CGC. When it arrives, I'll share it. It's a pretty nice copy.

My single digit LL's, all obtained in the 1990's and YES, they were extremely tough to find. I still need a #4, love your Toth copy. Anybody have an undercopy #4 to help a collector out ? :baiting:

Where's your 1?

The search for presentable DCs from the mid 1950s can be both frustrating and rewarding.

Truth!

Took me a long, long, time to find the first three appearances of Krypto in decent grades or at least grades that present well and were affordable.

You can't ask for more than that anyway.

:)

Edited by Hepcat