• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Family Collecting Thread!
3 3

1,567 posts in this topic

it's a good thing that Lana's bedroom has 14 ft ceilings so she can hang those giant pictures of Superboy.

Since you brought it up, what is Superboy doing in her bedroom?!?!

Probably the same thing you'd be doing in Lana's bedroom.

;)

The hazy purple background here is wonderful. I remember buying this twenty years or so ago and thinking I will never have a nicer book.

ea76c9be-f797-4e1e-ad44-f28415fbdfe5_zps31bffb3f.jpg

I'm a huge fan of purple DC covers and this one really is a beauty!!!

This was my major buy from San Diego 1999. It was not a book I was looking for so when I saw it I was totally unprepared to consider buying it. The green background is classic DC of course.

8ae24868-e1f3-4e7e-863a-0c6cc99da0c7_zps1fbb158d.jpg

One of my first keys I ever went after, that is the nicest copy I have ever seen!

always liked this one:

sm117.jpg

So have I. First saw it in Gerber's Photojournal and then spent years looking for a copy without success. It was not until online sales that I actually found one.

My copy is very similar to yours.

e8baf403-3e23-457e-a5bb-e2325ae1960d_zps7d8fd6b4.jpg

Another new animal member of Superman's family would be introduced in less than another year as Supergirl's pet cat Streaky, an ordinary puss turned super through exposure to x-kryptonite. Steaky would never have a huge presence in stories or be as beloved as Superboy's dog.

c71dcf91-93d6-47a0-b01f-d1edb5b635dd_zpseccbca25.jpg

I actually saw the Superman 117 cover in a house ad from Brave and the Bold #15 when I wss 12 years old, it would be more than 30 years before I owned a copy:

bb18ad.jpg

I now have 3 out of the four books:

jo25.jpg

wf91.jpg

wf91.jpg

The intense colors and image on this cover are just fabulous! :applause:

What an incredible streak of purple covers! (worship)

Another new animal member of Superman's family would be introduced in less than another year as Supergirl's pet cat Streaky, an ordinary puss turned super through expisure to x-kryptonite. Steaky would never have a huge presence in stories or be as beloved as Superboy's dog.

c71dcf91-93d6-47a0-b01f-d1edb5b635dd_zpseccbca25.jpg

If one of you has a high grade copy of this Purple beauty , I'd LOVE to see it. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Act_219_55.jpg

Hey, jimbo, for me that IS a high grade copy! :)

Here's mine:

Action219_zps52bc5846.jpg

I actually saw the Superman 117 cover in a house ad from Brave and the Bold #15 when I wss 12 years old, it would be more than 30 years before I owned a copy:

bb18ad.jpg

I now have 3 out of the four books:

jo25.jpg

wf91.jpg

Hey, I've got the 4th one (also the Superman, but mine is rather water damaged):

Action235_zpscbc6f0fc.jpg

Here's Another Action Comics from the mid 1950s.

015_zpsaaa4b394.jpg

I thought I had one of these, but I won it in a group lot at auction, and it ended up having a coupon cut out. My standards aren't too high, but one thing I have to have is complete, so I sold it.