• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Family Collecting Thread!
3 3

1,567 posts in this topic

Not only is it purple but that's a classic Swan image of Superman. :applause:

This Superman Annual has some of that purple action going:

SupermanAnnual002_zps5a8fa079.jpg

This is a Superman book I love..... Wayne Boring in and out. This is not my copy.... it was actually for sale on Metro's site and may still be there.... looks like a real nice one. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

ACTION226.jpg

This is probably my nicest single digit Lois. I would tend to agree that they used to seem harder to find, however, none of them are in big supply:

ll8.jpg

Hey! What's the Iron Sheik doing on a comic cover from 1959?

???

Gorgeous books as always, I am loving this thread lately (worship)(worship)(worship)

I find this thread is great for admiring comics I don't actively remember seeing anywhere previously. Not surprising since there are six and a half Superman titles beginning no later than the fifties.

:cool:

Lois Lane books often had a "Superman Family" theme, none more than #23.

5e5e84ad-80af-40bf-9dc3-99c90998df25_zps3573dfde.jpg

That's because Mort Weisinger was trying to cross market the title to girls as well. And it must have worked too because the Lois Lane title was among DC's best selling ones until well into the sixties.

:)

My single digit LL's, all obtained in the 1990's and YES, they were extremely tough to find. I still need a #4, love your Toth copy. Anybody have an undercopy #4 to help a collector out ? :baiting:

IMG_3466.jpg

IMG_3467.jpg

IMG_3468.jpg

IMG_3469.jpg

Hey, nice set!

(thumbs u

And those comics aren't bad either.

:grin:

Edited by Hepcat

My latest additions to the Superman Family collection:

Superboy120_zpsa7eb34db.jpg

These next two are important to me, because they were the last two issues I needed to complete my "Every Superboy Published In My Lifetime" collection, joining Superman and World's Finest in that quest.

Superboy126_zps2e90d088.jpg

Superboy174_zpsb7480496.jpg

LoisLane070_zps89f2ed2c.jpg

LoisLane076_zps607aee81.jpg

These next two are important to me, because they were the last two issues I needed to complete my "Every Superboy Published In My Lifetime" collection, joining Superman and World's Finest in that quest.

Great stuff! Congratulations. You should have been born earlier though....

;)

Edited by Hepcat

Great stuff! Congratulations. You should have been born earlier though....

;)

Given that I was born 10 months after my parents got married, I feel like I was born about as earlier as I would want to be. (thumbs u

Two new members of the "Every Jimmy Olsen Published in My Lifetime" collection. No sure the second one is officially Silver Age, but what the heck, it's the first appearance of Darkseid (Yeah, one little panel, and he's barely recognizable)!

Only one issue remaining -- #68 -- and the EJOPIML collection will be complete.

JimmyOlsen084_zps75c0b315.jpg

JimmyOlsen01_134_zps575c2fcb.jpg