• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official "Hey, these scores need fixing" thread (Revised)

593 posts in this topic

Now that im an owner of one, any chance of a fix on 9.8 Avengers 57?

Its worth 2800 points in the registry. Theres been 4 public sales all in the last 3 years for $9600, $11,353, $18,750 and $28,000. Even the cheapest sale was well more than 3 times as many points as it gets so perhaps a revision is in order?

Its worth 2800 points in the registry. Theres been 4 public sales all in the last 3 years for $9600, $11,353, $18,750 and $28,000. Even the cheapest sale was well more than 3 times as many points as it gets so perhaps a revision is in order?

What if it was a signed version, what should the points value be then? :baiting:

Killer book Jason, congrats again.

While here on the subject of revising scores, Gemma, can you consider the ASM 28 scores once more?

ASM 28 went up in points in late 2010, and later it and some others dropped a bit. I'd like to see that be worth almost 50% more than it is, based on the rarity of the issue in the higher grades. It's similar to ASM 14, though 14 has higher prices and more copies in the census. Thanks,

Hello,

Please adjust the scores of the following books in the DC 52-Page Comics set in order to match the scores of these books in their individual sets. The first score listed after the book title and number below is from the DC 52-Page Comics set, the second score is from the individual sets.

Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love 4

Scores 800 1160

Flash 208

Scores 220 250

Flash 209

Scores 220 250

Flash 212

Scores 220 250

Tarzan 207

Scores 325 350

Weird Western Tales 12

Scores 1100 1250

Thank you!

Thank you for updating the scores in the DC 52-Page Comics set.

Sure - seems reasonable. Like I said earlier, as long as the Crow sets aren't modified, I'm happy.

As a fellow Crow and Rocketeer registry holder, I'm recommending either points are assigned or take the points off the Starslayer #1. But I lean towards adding points to both as there is no reason to not assign points to a book. Otherwise, collectors will go out of their way to track down books and the Registry would send the signal their efforts are worth nothing other than a slot. That seems to go against the intent of the Registry Awards, which is a competition for completeness and points.

I'm assuming this means you're supporting TJ's proposal?

Deadworld #10 remains competitive in the Crow (Complete) set, and non-competitive in the Crow (Chapter One) set.

Starslayer #1 remains competitive in the Rocketeer (Complete) set, and becomes non-competitive in the Rocketeer (1982-84) set.

I'm fine with that ...

Gemma, it looks like the change to Starslayer #1 was made...but not across the board.

sl4ppy has the #1 set and receives 25 points for Starslayer #1. I have the #2 set and receive 0 points for the same CGC 9.6 copy of Starslayer #1. Mike's (mschmidt) CGC 9.8 copy gets 0 points as well.

Can you correct this? I'd just assume revert it back to the way it was before all of the noise and make the Starslayer #1 book competitive in the Rocketeer sets.

Hey Gemma,

On the Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne series the 1:200 variant has the same point value as the 1:20 (or 25) variant. Would it be possible to give this one a bump up? Not sure if it would be 10x since it is the same ratio.

I noticed some of the other 1:200 sketch variants have the same value as well (Batman Inc., New 52 books, etc.) I personally don't have any books in those sets but I thought mentioning those might help.

Thanks.

• Administrator
Sure - seems reasonable. Like I said earlier, as long as the Crow sets aren't modified, I'm happy.

As a fellow Crow and Rocketeer registry holder, I'm recommending either points are assigned or take the points off the Starslayer #1. But I lean towards adding points to both as there is no reason to not assign points to a book. Otherwise, collectors will go out of their way to track down books and the Registry would send the signal their efforts are worth nothing other than a slot. That seems to go against the intent of the Registry Awards, which is a competition for completeness and points.

I'm assuming this means you're supporting TJ's proposal?

Deadworld #10 remains competitive in the Crow (Complete) set, and non-competitive in the Crow (Chapter One) set.

Starslayer #1 remains competitive in the Rocketeer (Complete) set, and becomes non-competitive in the Rocketeer (1982-84) set.

I'm fine with that ...

Gemma, it looks like the change to Starslayer #1 was made...but not across the board.

sl4ppy has the #1 set and receives 25 points for Starslayer #1. I have the #2 set and receive 0 points for the same CGC 9.6 copy of Starslayer #1. Mike's (mschmidt) CGC 9.8 copy gets 0 points as well.

Can you correct this? I'd just assume revert it back to the way it was before all of the noise and make the Starslayer #1 book competitive in the Rocketeer sets.

I checked all of the sets and it seems OK, but if you still have problems with this comic can you send me a link to the set in question? Thank you!

Hello Gemma, it was nice seeing you again in Chicago!!

Upon reading Jason's post about his STELLAR 9.8 #57 I began to look at other Avengers scores. One discrepancy I noticed off the bat were #16's scores.

A 9.2's score is on par imho, but a 9.4 could almost be doubled I feel, a 9.6 needs to be doubled at the very, very least. As for a 9.8's score.....quading it gets the score at least into the ballpark.

Does this make sense to the Avengers fans out there and or you Gemma? I don't think I'm too far off my rocker.

Best,

Eric

The New Mutants seem to be the most underrated point value series of the eighties. There are modern age books with more points per book then my beloved reason for collecting. Read the following.

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/JournalDetail.aspx?JournalEntryID=11666

Is there anyway we can get this changed? And if so, How?

Agreed

Hello Gemma,

I have a few scores I'd like for you to look at and fix. The Walking Dead #1 9.9's should be worth more points. The last two copies have sold for $7k and $7.2k. I think the 9.8's should be at 750 and the 9.9's should be at least 1100 for universal copies.

The WD #19 (first Michonne) should also be in the 250 range for a 9.8. It has averaged around $625 per universal.

The WD #27 (first Governor) should be at least 200 for a 9.8. It averages $450 per universal.

I would also like to see the #35 error variant get a bump. The last two 9.6's have sold for $325 and $330, and the book is tough to find, especially in high grade.

Gemma

The "Berni Wrightson DC Horror Set" includes a lot of non horror books. I'm confused. And it's missing Weird Mystery Tales #21.

If a DC Wrightson set was requested, keep it as is but take away "DC Horror Set" from the set name (to avoid confusion), but include another set that has only Wrightson DC horror covers.

Thanks!!

Quick Question.... I noticed you added Astonishing X-Men #51 Djurdjevic Variant to the "Marko Djurdjevic Set" - (Which is Awesome, thank you so much!!!)

....but I alos noted it has no point value. I then double checked the Astonishing X-Men set and realized it cuts off at 50.... I'm guessing this is why the point value is missing? If so, I'll just wait until the Astonishing X-Men is updated and I should then see points... Was just wondering if this is the case...

Thanks again Gemma!!!!

Hello Gemma, Shouldn't the Walking Dead #100 Lucille Edition be reflective of the Ottley Sketch and the 1:200 Sketch?? The print run is as low as the Ottley Sketch Edition, looks to be in the same price range, and has apparent damage issues. Seems like it should be right up there with the other two, point wise.

Thanks (worship)

Gemma,

Just wanted to point out that the "Adventure Comics" run has higher point values for the Spectre/Aparo books #431-440 than the "Adventure Comics #431-#440 Spectre" run for the identical issues in identical grade...

I expect this is something that can be repaired.

Thanks.

Bob