• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official "Hey, these scores need fixing" thread (Revised)

593 posts in this topic

Gemma,

I was curious if a couple of books could be considered for higher point ranges:

In the Green Lantern 2011 registry set, the Sketch Cover Variants for issues 1, 2, 3, and 4 are worth 24 points in 9.8 which is equal to the regular cover point values. These 4 issues sell for much higher prices as they are limited 1:200 compared to the regular versions. Sketch covers for #2, 3, and 4 average between $100 and $200 in sales where #1 averages between $250 and $350 (with 9.6's and lower still commanding good prices in sales). The #1 recalled edition is even worth more than the regular cover to #1 by 2 points but even it commands prices 3 to 4 times that of the regular covers (but the recalled editions still sell for far less than the sketch cover to issue #1).

I hope this makes sense...this is my first time attempting a point request increase. If you can consider my request to increase the point values for the Green Lantern 2011 Sketch Covers for issues 1, 2, 3, and 4 I'd greatly appreciate it :) Thank you!

The New Mutants seem to be the most underrated point value series of the eighties. There are modern age books with more points per book then my beloved reason for collecting. Read the following.

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/JournalDetail.aspx?JournalEntryID=11666

Is there anyway we can get this changed? And if so, How?

Not to mention the newly added Copper Set with first appearances have the most first appearances from the New Mutants. This in itself should show why there should be an increase for the whole New Mutants set. Alpha Flight with less sets has a higher point average. Even New Mutants #99 in a 9.9 has hit over 4000 dollars multiple times. The first time it sold in a 9.9 it reached over $10,000. The two sries even came out around the same time.

And then to add insult to injury even Volume two is competitive in point value. I tell you this is injustice to its core.... OK enough Drama... Gemma could you please fix this thread. With 46 Alpha Flight Sets vs 162 New Mutants sets it should be just as competive against each other considering Alpha Flight might be an X-Men spin off, the New Mutants, let's face it, if this book came out in the eighties would be X-Men Volume 2, which coincidentally has 96 sets (still less) and a higher point value, if only slightly.

hanks for Reading...my ramblings

Tnerb

I just added my Batwoman #12 Sketch cover to my Registry set. Despite that when you click the issue, it shows the table for the points per grade, in my set it registers as 0 points. I tried removing the comic and then adding it again, but it still shows up as 0 points and doesn't add into my total score for the set. Thanks Gemma.

Gemma,

I was curious if a couple of books could be considered for higher point ranges:

In the Green Lantern 2011 registry set, the Sketch Cover Variants for issues 1, 2, 3, and 4 are worth 24 points in 9.8 which is equal to the regular cover point values. These 4 issues sell for much higher prices as they are limited 1:200 compared to the regular versions. Sketch covers for #2, 3, and 4 average between $100 and $200 in sales where #1 averages between $250 and $350 (with 9.6's and lower still commanding good prices in sales). The #1 recalled edition is even worth more than the regular cover to #1 by 2 points but even it commands prices 3 to 4 times that of the regular covers (but the recalled editions still sell for far less than the sketch cover to issue #1).

I hope this makes sense...this is my first time attempting a point request increase. If you can consider my request to increase the point values for the Green Lantern 2011 Sketch Covers for issues 1, 2, 3, and 4 I'd greatly appreciate it :) Thank you!

If this changes, the same changes would need to occur to Action Comics (2011), Batman (2011) and Flash (2011).

Issues 1-9 had 1:200 b&w/sketch variants for all four series. For Action and Batman, they switched over to 1:100 at issue 10.

Green Lantern and Flash switched over to 1:25 at issue 10.

Hello Gemma,

I have a few scores I'd like for you to look at and fix. The Walking Dead #1 9.9's should be worth more points. The last two copies have sold for $7k and $7.2k. I think the 9.8's should be at 750 and the 9.9's should be at least 1100 for universal copies.

The WD #19 (first Michonne) should also be in the 250 range for a 9.8. It has averaged around $625 per universal.

The WD #27 (first Governor) should be at least 200 for a 9.8. It averages $450 per universal.

I would also like to see the #35 error variant get a bump. The last two 9.6's have sold for $325 and $330, and the book is tough to find, especially in high grade.

The Walking Dead #1 has posted two recent sales at $10.2K and $9.8K. I think the book should be looked at again for a change in the points :)

Would Batman (New 52) #4 and #11 RRP warrant more points than #1? There are over 450 9.8 #1s, but only 15 #4s and 22 #11 RRPs yet they all have the same score.

And can Fear 1 get a boost,

9.8 sell for 1400 and remain very rare

There are few in 9.6 and 9.4 as well both of which sell for above their point grade

Thanks

9.8 1400

9.6. 700

9.4. 350 etc

I'm a bit perplexed on the Walking Dead #100 Red Foil edition. The points reflect the usual variant score of 48, for a universal 9.8. This book is right up there with the Lucille Edition, which is worth 400 points for a 9.8 uinversal. The points should probably be higher, as the Lucille Edition had a print run of 500 and the Red Foil Edition only has 250 hm

Hi, This is my first post, so I hope I'm doing everything right!

I've just added a Captain Marvel #1 in 9.4 Universal to my Registry sets. It scores 380 points in Marvel 1968 Series Starters and Marvel Silver Age First Issues, but scores 390 points in the actual Captain Marvel series.These scores seem a little low in relation to those for the other Marvel 1968 Premier Issues but in any case probably need to be aligned.

Also Avengers #48 in 9.4 scores 210 points whilst the other 9.4's in this period come in at 300 points. Does this one need looking at too and adjusting?

Hi and welcome to the CGC Boards :applause:

Welcome aboard the Marvel Silver Age First Issues & Marvel 1968 Series Starters registry sets.

IIRC, CGC adjusted the point system not to long ago ... in any case, for some books the points attributed are a mystery (at least to me)...

Case in point:

America's Best TV Comics in 9.8 ( 4200 points ) scores higher than every single book in the First Issue registry set aside from Iron Man 1 9.8 and Silver Surfer #1 9.8.

A copy in 9.8 of ABC should fetch around $500. Go figure. (shrug)