• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official "Hey, these scores need fixing" thread (Revised)

593 posts in this topic

Gemma/Nicole,

Any chance on a point increase for Incredible Hulk #377 3rd print??? This book is pretty rare with only 28 copies being graded and only 3 of which at 9.8. The last two 9.8 copies sold at auction for $661 and $600 on September and January of last year according to GPA. Thanks!!!

Gemma & Nicole,

Thank you for the recent addition of the

Greel Lantern #7 Sketch Cover to the

Green Lantern 2011 registry set.

Can we get a point increase for #7 Sketch Cover to match the other 1:200 sketch issues (#'s 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, & 9)? All of those have 32 points and for consistency sake they should all be the same (if we increase #7 Sketch, that is).

Thank you for the consideration! I appreciate it! :)

Ryan

Gemma, not sure this is a "score" issue but is something that definitely needs "fixing." The current top set of Avon Eeries has a 1947 #1 in the slot that should be limited to the 1951 #1. The 1947 #1 is included in the Avon one-shot set. Can I post my same 1947 #1 in both sets? Can I post my 1951 #1 in the one-shot set, i.e. just reverse the postings? That would move my Eerie set up to the top set, but felt I should get your thoughts before I game the system like that.

• Administrator

FYI - we still cannot update scoring due to a bug in the system.

Recently there has been a new bug with uploads causing random books to appear in other sets. Please post these in the additions thread so Nicole can address them individually.

We hope to have both issues resolved soon, but there is not a timeline available to us at this point.

can we please address some points problem? there is a lot of books not getting enough points compare with same type books.

this is a long list, so thanks ahead of time.

Eric Basaldua (EBAS) Cover Set:

Dead Pooh 1.2 "Nice" Edition 9.9 33<<< a 9.9 SS book only got 33 points

Dead Pooh 1.2 Nude Edition 9.9 33

Dead Pooh 1.2 Blonde Nude Edition 9.9 33

Grimm Fairy Tales Presents: Alice in Wonderland #5 Convention Edition 9.8 24 <<<<< 9.8 blue got 24 points

Legend of Oz: The Wicked v2 #1 Basaluda Convention Edition 9.8 32 <<9.8 at 32 point

REM:8 Prologue Basaldua Day Naughty Edition 9.9 33<

Ancient Dreams #2 Limited Editio 9.8 35 << 9.8 SS book

Ancient Dreams #2 Variant Cove9.8 32 <<9.8 book

Salem's Daughter: The Haunting #4 Limited Edition9.8 24<< 9.8 blue

thanks a lot ladies.

I hope this is the correct place to post. thanks

I'm requesting that the score for Superman: The Computers that Saved Metropolis be revisited and raised. It is one of three Radio Shack giveaways from 1980 in the Superman One-Shots set, the others being Superman in the Computer Masters of Metropolis and Superman: Victory by Computer. The scores for Computer Masters and Victory in 9.8 are both 64 points, while the score for The Computers that Saved Metropolis in the same grade is only 40. I can't see any compelling reason why all three shouldn't be scored at 64. They are equal in every other way.

I'm asking that the scores for Superman: The Computers that Saved Metropolis be raised to equal those of the other two giveaways.

Thank you.

Gemma and Nicole,

Thanks for starting the St.John romance titles. You started with Pictorial Romances, which is a good start. However, the points assigned, however you determined those, are so low that they aren't close to reflecting true fair market values or actual sales.

Please, when you add some of the other titles, be aware of this discrepancy.

Other St.John (Matt Baker) romance titles needed:

Teenage Romances

Teenage Temptations

Cinderella Love

True Love Pictorial

Diary Secrets

Wartime Romances

Thanks,

JT

Strange Tales 126 should have a points value adjustment upwards. First appearance of Clea and Dormammu make it a key book in the series and Dr. Strange titles overall. Demand is rising for this book, as are prices. Extra-media attention is pushing interest in this book as well. Currently, it merits no more points in the registry than Strange Tales issues 127-134, which is certainly inaccurate.

Thanks,

David

Can you fix?

There is no point value for this issue...

Guardians of the Galaxy (1990) Set - Guardians of the Galaxy 14

Thnx!

Weird... I see points... ?? !!

I see points there?/

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4561833&fpart=58

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SetScoreDetail.aspx?SetTypeID=1560

Hello. I was wondering who I needed to talk to about comic set points in the registry. I have been talking to several comic shops and friends who have sets in your registry and was wondering how you decide how many points a comic should get. For example. I have a set in your teenage mutant ninja turtles volume 1. It is under t Goodwin. I am currently in 8th place. What gets me is that I have the #2 most complete set with over 60 comics in it. 90% of them are 9.8s with some 9.6s. How can you have some one in first place with way less comics but because they have the number 1 9.8 it automatically gives them 9600 points? I was just curious because it seems like if we want to win in the set competition then we don't need to get a whole lot of them graded. Just get the number 1 and be done with it. Doesn't really seem fair. Seeing how we all like to look at our sets and see what we have accomplished but we see someone above us with no where near the time and effort put in to it. . Thanks

Teenage mutant ninja turtles volume 1

#1) 3000 copies printed and 13 graded 9.8 with none higher worth. 9600 points?

#3) variant edition has only 500 copies printed with only 2 graded 9.8 and none higher. worth 840 points? Seems a little backwards

Please verify. Thanks

Gemma, can someone please update the valuations on Incredible Hulk 271. It's prices have skyrocketed on EBay and other auction sites as the desire for Rocket Raccoon is going through the roof with the new movie coming. 9.6s are going for 400 and 9.8s are anywhere from 650-850. The old numbers on this title are WAY below market at this point.

Thanks for all your hard work!

David West