• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official "Hey, these scores need fixing" thread (Revised)

593 posts in this topic

Gemma,

I was wondering if the "Walking Dead Hero Initiative" books could be looked into? I would figure the points would at least match the Red Foil edition based on the scarcity of the books. Thanks! :)

Still curious about this.

I agree seems awfully low considering there is only 105 of them. Should be worth more points than red foil or Lucille given its much scarcer!

And if you think about it all or most will have been graded.....there will be only X amount of 9.8's If no 10.0 or 9.9 show up.....then 9.8 will be the highest and no higher grades will ever show up.

CPR? It's always possible that an upgrade could happen.

Gemma,

I was wondering if the "Walking Dead Hero Initiative" books could be looked into? I would figure the points would at least match the Red Foil edition based on the scarcity of the books. Thanks! :)

I agree seems awfully low considering there is only 105 of them. Should be worth more points than red foil or Lucille given its much scarcer!

And if you think about it all or most will have been graded.....there will be only X amount of 9.8's If no 10.0 or 9.9 show up.....then 9.8 will be the highest and no higher grades will ever show up.

CPR? It's always possible that an upgrade could happen.

hm Yeah didn't think about it that way.....

Gemma,

I was curious if the scores for the Walking Dead #35 Error Variant could be raised to match some of the others in the WD Complete w/Variants registry set. Currently a 9.8 universal 35 Error receives only 120 points as compared to the Red Foil/Lucille Editions of #100 that receive 400 in a 9.8 universal. The Error variant in most cases sell for around $1000 (the last eBay 9.8 sold for $1,000, for example) or more than the other 2 books in comparison. The last Lucille's in 9.8 sold for $400, $800, $485 and $851 respectively. The last Red Foil #100 Variants sold for $530 & $440. All of these prices come from eBay. Anyway, if you could just consider raising the error variant #35 scores that would be appreciated. At any rate, I appreciate all you do for us collectors! :) Thank you!

Ryan

Gemma,

Can you take a look at Strange Adventures 180? In 9.2 it cost me 2.5 times as much at auction as issues 188 or 201 in 9.6, and fully three times as much as what I paid for 197 or 202 in 9.6

So I'm thinking that 480 points for SA 180 @ 9.2 is low when compared to

400 for 188 in 9.6

450 for 201 in 9.6

350 for 197 in 9.6

350 for 202 in 9.6

Thanks

Lee

Can you raise the points for Catman #24? Why?

1. This book is listed as RARE in the Overstreet price guide.

2. CGC has only graded 2 unrestored copies, and one of them is only a 1.5 copy.

3. Catman #24 is the only Alex Schomburg cover in the entire Catman run.

4. Registry points for a 9.4 are only 2625 (even 9.2 Overstreet price is more than that), yet a 9.4 copy just sold for $18,000.00

Thanks.

Gemma,

Still working on the point fixes...........I was reading no new points until you guys fix a problem on journey men or something like that. Just checking in to see if any progress was made.....or if you found a new Tec to fix the problem? Because the old one is S L O W......

:jokealert:

Gemma can you make the Marvel Tales (1949) points better reflect the Strange Tales points they are out of whack as Strange Tales are nearly 3x the points of Marvel Tales.

For instance Strange Tales 7 (1952) universal CGC 7.5 is worth 750 points.

Whereas a Marvel Tales 100 (1952) universal CGC 7.5 is worth 283 points.

Perhaps this is because Strange Tales collectors have advocated for more bumps over the years.

Regardless, the titles have similar value, scarcity, print run and publishing years (Marvel Tales actually pre-dates Strange Tales).

Arguably, Strange Tales is more in demand because it developed into a popular silver age title also, but not by a magnitude of 3 to 1.

Also, Marvel Tales is the extension of Marvel's signature comic line Marvel Mystery Comics so it has its a significant connection to the birth of the Marvel universe generally.

A bump of 20%-30% bump would align things better.

Any help is appreciated.

Following up on this.

Would you please consider adjusting the point value for The Agents #6? It is part of Walking Dead (2003) and Walking Dead (2003 Complete with Variants). It contains a very early appearance of the Walking Dead.

It is only worth 24 points. I'm thinking it should be higher, considering there are only 14 9.8s and 37 total graded. A 9.8 averages for $200. Compare that to Walking Dead Special Edition which has 40 9.8s out of 86 graded, also averages about $200, but is worth twice as much at 48 points.

Thanks!

Funny error - my golden record reprint of fantastic four #1 is comic up as a "the real thing", so I can't enter it into my golden record set, but I found I was able to enter it into my fantastic four set! So, until that gets fixed, I'm getting a free 230000 points in my registry, for having a gen-u-wine ff #1 in 9.4 condition, signature series no less!

Mebee I shoulda jes kep muh dum mouth shut.

To whomever is responsible for fixing this, the cgc # is: 1044321003

In the meantime, I'll enjoy being ranked #69 overall in the registry. :grin:

And #3 in the fantastic four silver age set! :whee:

• Administrator
Gemma said this a while back. No score corrections are being addressed until the JiM books are corrected.

I am waiting for the fix to be made to the Journey into Mystery books before any other scoring updates are made/considered.

:gossip:

Still broken....still waiting....hoping for soon.... :wishluck:(shrug)

Does this affect my issue (the one mentioned two posts above Gemma's last post)? Specifically, that my fantastic four #1 golden record reprint is coming up as just a fantastic four #1 (non-reprint) in the registry?

No, that would have to be sent back for relabeling to be corrected.

Sounds like the first mistake ever to not be resent in, in the making here... Maybe do the honorable thing and turn it in. But then again I don't blame you if you don't.