• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official "Hey, these scores need fixing" thread (Revised)

593 posts in this topic

It's not a question of "doing the honorable thing". I don't want to pay the shipping and insurance costs, or run the risk of the item being damaged or lost in transit.

I don't care about having it come up as a "real" FF#1. I am a little miffed though that I can't use it to complete my golden record reprint set. But I will survive.

I just don't see why I should have to send it in to fix the problem. It's right there in their database that it is a golden record reprint. You can go to cgc's website, type in the number I mentioned before and see for yourself. But for some reason in the registry here it comes up as a real FF#1.

• Administrator

It does not have "Golden Record Reprint" in the variant section of the label, nor is it the correct date, so even though it says REPRINT in the Pedigree field that does not affect the book.

However, we have corrected it in our system for you, so you just have to COMPLETELY remove it from your registry and re-enter it for it to update online.

It's not a question of "doing the honorable thing". I don't want to pay the shipping and insurance costs, or run the risk of the item being damaged or lost in transit.

I don't care about having it come up as a "real" FF#1. I am a little miffed though that I can't use it to complete my golden record reprint set. But I will survive.

I just don't see why I should have to send it in to fix the problem. It's right there in their database that it is a golden record reprint. You can go to cgc's website, type in the number I mentioned before and see for yourself. But for some reason in the registry here it comes up as a real FF#1.

Yeah, I am the same, I have a few books that are labeled incorrectly, but to send them back in from the UK is just not cost effective :tonofbricks:

It does not have "Golden Record Reprint" in the variant section of the label, nor is it the correct date, so even though it says REPRINT in the Pedigree field that does not affect the book.

However, we have corrected it in our system for you, so you just have to COMPLETELY remove it from your registry and re-enter it for it to update online.

Ok, thanks.

• Administrator

Yeah, I am the same, I have a few books that are labeled incorrectly, but to send them back in from the UK is just not cost effective :tonofbricks:

If you want to e-mail me scans of the books that are incorrect (such that the labels & barcodes are legible) we can update them in the system so that they can be registered properly.

If you want to e-mail me scans of the books that are incorrect (such that the labels & barcodes are legible) we can update them in the system so that they can be registered properly.

Thanks Gemma, I will do that, gimme a bit to dig them out :foryou:

Thanks Gemma, I will do that, gimme a bit to dig them out :foryou:

I have sent an email with 2 books incorrectly labeled, I do have more but cant think at this moment what they are :tonofbricks:

Thanks for these 2 for now (thumbs u

Just got a message back from CGC saying that I can't register my newly received Detective Comics # 28 in my set, as the serial no. cannot be found.

Checking on my invoices, it's invoice # 1163711, and, even though it was graded on Oct 12th, and handed to be my Matt on the 14th, there is still no grade showing on the invoice.

• Administrator

This has been updated. You can call Customer Service or Matt if that happens again as it was just not marked as "Shipped" in the system (due to the hand delivery most likely).

Jimmy Olsen 134 - 1st Darkseid....here are some figures from GP based upon the book getting popular because of the JLA movie.

( 9.8 ) - - (2) $2,700 - $2,900 Jul-2013

( 9.6 ) - (2) $708 (2) $1,150 - $1,600 Jul-2013

( 9.4 ) (1) $275 (4) $364 (6) $688 - $800 Jul-2013

( 9.2 ) (1) $200 (1) $335 (4) $420 - $466 Jun-2013

Would you please consider adjusting the point value for The Agents #6? It is part of Walking Dead (2003) and Walking Dead (2003 Complete with Variants). It contains a very early appearance of the Walking Dead.

It is only worth 24 points. I'm thinking it should be higher, considering there are only 14 9.8s and 37 total graded. A 9.8 averages for $200. Compare that to Walking Dead Special Edition which has 40 9.8s out of 86 graded, also averages about $200, but is worth twice as much at 48 points.

Thanks!

+1 and Capes #1 should be at the same point level. They both feature previews of WD and sell around the same range 2c

Could someone please review the point system for the Walking Dead Weekly set? While they are reprints of the original run, there are still key issues that command value over the run of the mill Weekly issues. I would like to see the points raised on the following issues:

1 @75

2 @55

3 @45

4 @45

5 @ 40

6 @30

19 @50

27 @ 50

48 @50

The rest should stay at 24 for universal 9.8s. Those point figures are my 2c

Walking Dead #53 has the appearance of three key characters. These characters will be appearing in the TV show this season. Subsequently, #53 has shot up in value and moved from being a minor key to a major key (IMO).

#53 is currently only worth 32 points - the same as new issues. #19 (1st Michonne) is 240, #27 (1st Governor) is 224. Heck, #7 (1st Tyrese) is worth 48.

I posit it be worth at least 48, but preferably in the range of 19 and 27. Same for other keys currently worth marginal point values but have elevated market worth: 48 (death of everyone), 61 (Chew Preview), 63 (Chew flip book), and 92 (1st Jesus).

Thanks, and I look forward to your comments on this post.

Walking Dead #53 has the appearance of three key characters. These characters will be appearing in the TV show this season. Subsequently, #53 has shot up in value and moved from being a minor key to a major key (IMO).

#53 is currently only worth 32 points - the same as new issues. #19 (1st Michonne) is 240, #27 (1st Governor) is 224. Heck, #7 (1st Tyrese) is worth 48.

I posit it be worth at least 48, but preferably in the range of 19 and 27. Same for other keys currently worth marginal point values but have elevated market worth: 48 (death of everyone), 61 (Chew Preview), 63 (Chew flip book), and 92 (1st Jesus).

Thanks, and I look forward to your comments on this post.

Certainly agree that #48 needs a bump, key death issue. I'd say in the 120 range 2c Same with the #53 and #92, although I don't think they are at the level of #19 or #27. #92 may get there over time hm I'd feel comfortable with those being at 48 per, over the current 32. Should #92 turn into something like #19 or #27, then I could see it being higher.

I know the #7 is worth 48, but so are quite a few issues after the fact, just due to age of the issues. It appears that #7 through #25 are in the 48 universal range, and drops to 32 from #26 to the current issues.

Strange Tales 110 in a 6.0 Blue label currently awards the owner 1 point.

Normally I never debate this things as to what a comic is worth but for some reason... that score is odd to me.

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/ComicDetail.aspx?PeopleComicID=410209&PeopleSetID=55226