• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official "Hey, these scores need fixing" thread (Revised)

593 posts in this topic

Gemma -

Can we send a list of key issues with in specific Pre-Code Horror registry sets that need to be adjusted based on scarcity, demand and value i.e. a Venus 19 or Crime SuspenStories 22?

Clearly this is possible given the points value of a Hulk 181 vs a Hulk 183.

Please let me know and the Pre-Code Horror crowd will start assembling a list.

Thanks Gemma.

Johnny

Hello,

Small issue with the Sandman (1989) set.

Issue #19 error version is 220 points in SS Yellow 9.8, 170 points in Qualified Green 9.8 but only 50 points in Universal Blue? Is this correct?

Thanks for you time.

Hello,

Small issue with the Sandman (1989) set.

Issue #19 error version is 220 points in SS Yellow 9.8, 170 points in Qualified Green 9.8 but only 50 points in Universal Blue? Is this correct?

Thanks for you time.

It's not - Gemma adjusted the points downwards on that book a while ago (it was previously worth 200 points in 9.8 Universal which is silly considering rarity & price); guess she forgot to adjust the points for SS & Qualified copies at that time.

Gemma,

I was wondering if the "Walking Dead Hero Initiative" books could be looked into? I would figure the points would at least match the Red Foil edition based on the scarcity of the books. Thanks! :)

+1. :)

+2 (thumbs u Only 105 issues I think

Is there something that has to be discussed for this long term? Or is it being worked on and I'm being impatient?

Gemma,

I was wondering if the "Walking Dead Hero Initiative" books could be looked into? I would figure the points would at least match the Red Foil edition based on the scarcity of the books. Thanks! :)

+1. :)

+2 (thumbs u Only 105 issues I think

Is there something that has to be discussed for this long term? Or is it being worked on and I'm being impatient?

(thumbs u

There is a huge mistake with the following set and all of the books in it.

Journey Into Mystery (1972)

Issue #1 at 9.8 is apparently worth over 90,000 registry points now and all the issues after it are also extremely high.

This scoring error is also found in other sets that these books are in. Including the ones below:

Marvel Bronze Age 1st Issues (1970-1982)

Marvel - Picture Frame Marvels - Complete Set

It looks like these point changes happened on 7/29/13. A photo of issue #1 is below for reference.

871681.jpg

There is currently a 9.4 CGC copy on ebay for sale for $99. It is at this moment worth over 30,000 registry points. :screwy:

Thanks for your time Gemma!

• Administrator
OK, there seems to have been an issue with the Journey Into Mystery set update. Only the 60s series was supposed to be updated, but a glitch caused both series to be updated....programming is looking into this error so we hope to have it resolved soon.

I know, this is being worked on, it is mentioned in a previous post. Hopefully they can fix it soon!

doh! Pardon my laziness! It was mentioned only a few pages back, but I did not bother to read back that far. Thanks for the reply Gemma!

Gemma can you make the Marvel Tales (1949) points better reflect the Strange Tales points they are out of whack as Strange Tales are nearly 3x the points of Marvel Tales.

For instance Strange Tales 7 (1952) universal CGC 7.5 is worth 750 points.

Whereas a Marvel Tales 100 (1952) universal CGC 7.5 is worth 283 points.

Perhaps this is because Strange Tales collectors have advocated for more bumps over the years.

Regardless, the titles have similar value, scarcity, print run and publishing years (Marvel Tales actually pre-dates Strange Tales).

Arguably, Strange Tales is more in demand because it developed into a popular silver age title also, but not by a magnitude of 3 to 1.

Also, Marvel Tales is the extension of Marvel's signature comic line Marvel Mystery Comics so it has its a significant connection to the birth of the Marvel universe generally.

A bump of 20%-30% bump would align things better.

Any help is appreciated.

Gemma,

Still curious about this.

I agree seems awfully low considering there is only 105 of them. Should be worth more points than red foil or Lucille given its much scarcer!

Gemma,

Still curious about this.

I agree seems awfully low considering there is only 105 of them. Should be worth more points than red foil or Lucille given its much scarcer!

And if you think about it all or most will have been graded.....there will be only X amount of 9.8's If no 10.0 or 9.9 show up.....then 9.8 will be the highest and no higher grades will ever show up.

Gemma can you make the Marvel Tales (1949) points better reflect the Strange Tales points they are out of whack as Strange Tales are nearly 3x the points of Marvel Tales.

Perhaps this is because Strange Tales collectors have advocated for more bumps over the years.

Regardless, the titles have similar value, scarcity, print run and publishing years (Marvel Tales actually pre-dates Strange Tales).

Arguably, Strange Tales is more in demand because it developed into a popular silver age title also, but not by a magnitude of 3 to 1.

Also, Marvel Tales is the extension of Marvel's signature comic line Marvel Mystery Comics so it has its a significant connection to the birth of the Marvel universe generally.

Any help is appreciated.

Gemma following up on this - THANKS!

Any help is appreciated.

I think they are not currently making any changes to the registry. It doesn't look like they have added any new sets or corrected the problem with the BA JIM scores either.

Any help is appreciated.

I think they are not currently making any changes to the registry. It doesn't look like they have added any new sets or corrected the problem with the BA JIM scores either.

Nicole has been adding a few new Sets to the registry. Got a whole bunch of Star Wars stuff she has to go through that someone requested but most likely never sent stuff in to be graded so it wastes time. Along with that she made two changes to my requested Sets with New Mutants and Spider-man one shots.