• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does Brad (Redhook) deserve a 2nd chance and have his CGC ban lifted?

Does Brad (Redhook) deserve a 2nd chance and have his CGC ban lifted?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Does Brad (Redhook) deserve a 2nd chance and have his CGC ban lifted?

238 posts in this topic

I didn't really know Brad well, and I stayed off threads when he'd be "upset" ...he was certainly talented...but my impression was, the last time (and I was here and DID read that whole thread) , that the scam he set up could potentially embarrass CGC.

Now, some of us might forget this, but we are the guests of CGC and personally, I have a lot of respect for them for having this forum.

I don't have any strikes, so I don't need to suck up;) but...why try to have someone come back who would embarrass the hand that "feeds" this forum?

I truly adore Stu, he's a sweetie in real life and I wish he and Steve Borock could have met each other and fixed the dumb remarks, I know they would like each other, because I like them both. I'd have either of them to my house anytime, but I understand why Stu is banned. It's CGC's board, they are just letting us play with it.

It's the mod's call...period. We have no votes...this is not a democracy.

If he really, really wanted to couldn't he just come back under a different name?

I vote for either of Tom Mundane or Team America. Both of those shills were much more interesting in their content that his regular handle anyway...

You mean TomMurnane ?

He registered way back in '02. Got the boot for connecting dots, fearless confrontation, and exposing marketplace realities.. The triple whammy for certain eviction.

A few days before Doug Schmell was both disbarred for ripping off elderly clients and caught trying to sneak a known Jason Ewert book past CGC, Brad had proposed him for some sort of new Good Guy award because of his spotless record. Rather than back down after these new sets of facts emerged, he went on the warpath against any and all that dared to disagree with him. How he escaped being banned then escapes me.I suspect if folks had turned over their PMs, he would have been. There was a second similar case, and then the attempted fraud against a forumite plus whatever it was that got him banned in the end.

How many second chances does one man deserve?

There's some irony in this post that I'm going to let others discover for themselves. But here's a hint: It has to do with the fact that one of the people mentioned in bold is banned and the other is an advertiser who's still here.

There is no irony in that post what so ever. None of Doug's transgressions had anything to do with the CGC forums or his conduct here. Brad's ban was a direct result of his conduct here. Where is the irony? Are people supposed to pass a background check before being allowed to post on the boards now?

This is in no way meant as a defense of Doug.

You'd think trying to run a scam, repeatedly, on the hosts of this board might qualify as ban worthy?

I don't know if I really want to get into this since I'm not a big fan of Doug or his antics but how exactly did he try to run a scam on CGC? Most of his shenanigans seem to be confined to dubious practices with his end users, ie you and I.

It's fairly well documented here on the boards, including some on the first page. Trying to squeeze micro-trimmed books past them might qualify though....

I'm aware of the Ewert JIM book. I guess that just comes down to a difference of opinion on what constitutes a scam and who the scam is being perpetrated on. He submitted a book same as anyone else would. It's CGC's job to catch restoration. I've submitted restored books to CGC, some I knew were restored and some I didn't. All of the ones I know were restored came back as such. As far as I know, there is nowhere on the submission form to mark that a book is restored. For that matter, if I understand the CGC grading process correctly, the graders would not see that info anyway.

I'd trade 3/4 of the population of these boards, mods included, to get Brad back here.

In. A. Heartbeat.

It should also be noted that I'd trade 3/4 of the population of these boards for a decent BLT and a coke for lunch.

If he really, really wanted to couldn't he just come back under a different name?

I vote for either of Tom Mundane or Team America. Both of those shills were much more interesting in their content that his regular handle anyway...

You mean TomMurnane ?

He registered way back in '02. Got the boot for connecting dots, fearless confrontation, and exposing marketplace realities.. The triple whammy for certain eviction.

Towards the end there Tom would troll and just unleash his dislike for CGC.

You mean TomMurnane ?

He was citing to some of Red_Hook's other shills. Tom Mundane being a semi-clever play on TomMurnane.

I'd trade 3/4 of the population of these boards, mods included, to get Brad back here.

In. A. Heartbeat.

It should also be noted that I'd trade 3/4 of the population of these boards for a decent BLT and a coke for lunch.

This post is fantastic.

In. A. Heartbeat.

OG you are priceless!

:roflmao:

You mean TomMurnane ?

Towards the end there Tom would troll and just unleash his dislike for CGC.

So he was like the Anti-Roy.

In. A. Heartbeat.

I doubt you'd need the coke.