• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the 5 top Comic Book Pedigrees?

168 posts in this topic

After reading this thread I have a new mission. To get at least one book from the Boston pedigree, mass pedigree, and the white mountains just because I spent a lot of time up that way as a kid and even from time to time today. Does anyone know where I can find some of these books?

After reading this thread I have a new mission. To get at least one book from the Boston pedigree, mass pedigree, and the white mountains just because I spent a lot of time up that way as a kid and even from time to time today. Does anyone know where I can find some of these books?

Copies from these collections are offered for sale all the time. Last year, I sold these examples:

JIM85.jpg

JIM91Mass.jpg

JIM94.jpg

JIM110.jpg

JIM114.jpg

JIM121Boston.jpg

It depends on what titles/publishers/genre you're looking for, but there are definitely books from all three available pretty often.

For example:

Four Color #408 Donald Duck - White Mountain pedigree (Dell, 1952) CGC NM 9.4

The Amazing Spider-Man #41 Boston pedigree (Marvel, 1966) CGC NM+ 9.6 White pages

FLASH #136

Thanks for posting this, Tom.

Love seeing the listing of Showcase 22-24 as NM/M, M and NM, respectively. I`m sure some Showcase 22-obsessed boardies` minds just got officially blown.

It would definitely be interesting to see how they grade out. Did the collection have a B&B #28 or Adventure #247 in similar shape? How about the Showcase #4?

Love seeing the listing of Showcase 22-24 as NM/M, M and NM, respectively. I`m sure some Showcase 22-obsessed boardies` minds just got officially blown.

It would definitely be interesting to see how they grade out. Did the collection have a B&B #28 or Adventure #247 in similar shape? How about the Showcase #4?

Tom has said there are 2 copies of Showcase 4 in the WP collection.

He did? It's possible, although in this 2003 post he said there weren't any in it:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=181611#Post181611

If you read my post it says there was not one in the collection. There were more than 2.

Tom

Nice. Do you know how many and what the original grades were?

Were there multiples of most of the Marvel and DC SA keys?

I was told there were 4 copies. The OO followed in his fathers footsteps on the way to becoming a collector. When SC 4 was released it was the beginning of the revival of the superheroes that he collected with his Dad. If one was good 4 would have been that much better. The OO never married and lived with his mother until she passed. By the time the Marvel revolution began he was an adult. Towards the late Silver Age he was buying 20-30 copies of IM 1, SM 1 and IM SM spending a large part of his paycheck on comics.

Hope this helps

He did? It's possible, although in this 2003 post he said there weren't any in it:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=181611#Post181611

I initially fell for Tom`s tricky wording too. :tonofbricks:

ritter and nelson need to get that pedigree website moving along and include a section where people can upload scans of their pedigrees so we have a db. Maybe you need to pick up the gauntlet rob? :grin:

That's a great idea, would make for an awesome database.

That it would hm

ritter and nelson need to get that pedigree website moving along and include a section where people can upload scans of their pedigrees so we have a db. Maybe you need to pick up the gauntlet rob? :grin:

It's already done! We're still gathering scans from several sources,but currently we have about 20,000 scans uploaded. Anyone will be able to upload their own scans once it goes live.

a listing here of a good part of the collection:

http://www.comicscorral.com/forums/showthread.php?2789-The-Oakland-Pedigree

some info about the collection

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=&sid=f9a7a5c6158e20888c7640e8d2c2fc71

google = friend

still recognized? yes > http://www.cgccomics.com/resources/pedigree.asp

(although they are missing the newly minted Suscha News and Savannah pedigrees)

I initially fell for Tom`s tricky wording too. :tonofbricks:

It could happen to anyone who isn't a lawyer.