• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are you Reading now ..... other than comics ?
7 7

1,854 posts in this topic

All My Life for Sale by John Freyer, about a guy who sold everything he owned on eBay

i'm assuming the computer was last?

Just finished Stranger in a Strange Land (last read 30 years ago) and and getting back into Edgar Rice Burroughs: The Man Who Created Tarzan by Porges.

My students' research papers. The more I read, the more aggitated I become, though.

The English language is lost on 14/15-year-olds.

Irony...

lol

In all seriousness, I think I started to type aggravated.

Maybe....

Edited by hulksmashdave

Lets see...

The Rise of the Fourth Reich by Jim Marrs. It has some interesting facts about the support that the Nazi party received from US companies before WW2 happened.

Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. The Library of Congress has it listed as the 2nd most influential book for politicians behind the bible so I had to give it a read.

and

The Satanic Bible by Anton Szander Lavey. Basically a self help book for the selfish. It's actually an interesting read if you're open minded enough.

My students' research papers. The more I read, the more aggitated I become, though.

The English language is lost on 14/15-year-olds.

Irony...

thats allsome.

Bad grammar make hulksmashdave ANNNNNGRY!!!!!

Depending on which part of the house I'm in, I'm currently simultaneously reading;

Whatever Happened To Orson Welles? - A Portrait of an Independent Career - Joseph McBride (my "Man-Cave")

Somewhere in the Night - Film Noir & the American City - Nicholas Christopher (my office)

Dark City - The Lost World of Film Noir - Eddie Muller (my bathroom) :blush:

Obviously I'm on a film-study kick these days. The subject matter of the previous 8-10 books I've read has been related to Film Noir, Hitchcock, Welles and Bogart. This has been a somewhat lighter digression from my World War II exploration last year, which included - among others - Mein Kamph and The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich.

I found this a bit heavier reading than the original Galactus story arc. :)

Just finished Liars Poker and The Big Short by Michael Lewis and A Hard Day's Knight by Simon R Green (that last for a bit of entertainment). Don't read the first two before bed, the rage at stupidity is blinding.

What's up next? Annual reports, probably. I'm the life of the party.

right now am re-reading lovecraft :)

I'm in that process too....I'd forgotten how much I liked his stuff. The Case of Charles Dexter Ward :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. The "Silver Key" stories weren't too shabby either.