• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jive's too slow, so official "what did you win on Clink this month?"

167 posts in this topic

FF 50 has really taken a beating in the last few months. It was selling over the $10K barrier a year ago. Wilson's copy went for just over $6K yesterday and the copy on CL just went for right around $5500. Nicely centered white paged copy too. Not all Silver is going up I guess.

Ultimate the "spiking" is what I hate about auctions in general. Overall for the amount of time wasted it's generally not worth it. I still don't trust the sight unseen bidding when a book that is $9K with a minute to go jumps to $23,250.

Same with the Avengers #4 9.6.

The FF #12 8.5 looks like a very nice book, I was bidding on the 9.2 but again a waste of time.

that HOS 92 is already a lot higher than the last one that sold (albeit miswrapped), still waiting on a 9.8 in that one

I'm sure one will come up eventually but if it's a legit 9.8 and not some fugly miswrapped freak, it will go for stupid money. I can easily see $50K+ for the first 9.8 as long as it looks nice. I'm actually shocked there still isn't one. Over 600 copies submitted and 12+ years and there are only 10 9.6s and no 9.8s.

Looking at the price Silver Age Marvel's are going for in this acution it makes me think I should abandon my project and cash in. (42 books remaining).

Only picked up two books this auction. Another Duck for my collection (which most people do not seem to be interested in - especially in ComicLink auctions - which makes me happy with the prices).

Do not really like the miswrap on the Avengers 9 but I am down to needing only it and 23 to finish off the first 25 Avengers and I was getting tired of looking for a copy.

109716.jpg.626719f3d7a40b8b96b77270738ef904.jpg

109717.jpg.19781147a20abcf0ea9bdd8d9f38a1af.jpg

No one has mentioned it but without question the most shocking price i saw was the Avengers 12 9.6 went for over $9,000! :ohnoez:

Not top census and certainly not a particularly key book. For it to go for that kind of money was SHOCKING times 100! It went for WELL over what the 9.2r AF15 got, WELL over the 7.0 ASM1, WELL over DOUBLE the 9.2 ASM14! The list is endless.

I can only guess as a OO book, someone is hoping to press it to a 9.8. I'm not sure even a 9.8 Avengers 12 should command over 9k!

INSANE especially considering the weak prices Avengers have been getting lately.

No one has mentioned it but without question the most shocking price i saw was the Avengers 12 9.6 went for over $9,000! :ohnoez:

Not top census and certainly not a particularly key book. For it to go for that kind of money was SHOCKING times 100! It went for WELL over what the 9.2r AF15 got, WELL over the 7.0 ASM1, WELL over DOUBLE the 9.2 ASM14! The list is endless.

I can only guess as a OO book, someone is hoping to press it to a 9.8. I'm not sure even a 9.8 Avengers 12 should command over 9k!

INSANE especially considering the weak prices Avengers have been getting lately.

Not guilty! I wasn't even close.

Four out of the 5 books I was looking to bid on in day one went for less than GPA and less than I was willing to go but I just spent money on the boards and didnt bid.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda