• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the Weirdest thing you've found while searching eBay?

73 posts in this topic

I've seen dirty socks. There is also the market for used underwear, really nasty.

So I used to be an entertainer and in need of cash I sold all my collection of well worn fetish heels..sure some of my boots and sky high platform shoes sold for $50-100 but my worn nasty disgusting houseslippers (I started listing ALL my shoes because the money I was getting was ridiculous for my old shoes) anyway the worn dirty pretty-sure-my-cat-peed-on-them-in -the-closet shoes sold for over $200.

Guy wanted "special orders" they would BUY me shoes and then PAY me to wear them around for awhile and ship them back to them along with pictures of my feet wearing the shoes..

I thought gee what a racket I am making money for stuff that is JUNK.

So then I sold all my old underwear. They were bringing $15-80 a pair. I was at a friend's house one day and I see a pair on undies on her dining room table. I ask her why they are there and she explained she used her old undies for dustrags. I took them they were really old with worn out bands and holes in them (garfield and rainbow brite panties) I sold them for $70-200 each and split the cash with my friend. Bras panties pantyhose stockings old socks I sold anything people were plunking cash down for...

Then it turns out to my surprise there is an underground network of Ebay panty sellers. If you try to get around Ebay rules to sell worn or uncleaned items this group will give you the guide on getting away with it. One of their members sees a newbie selling these type of things and they will approach you..there are TWO groups one dedicated to justice, and monies for all and another that will specifically target newbies to get their auctions closed down by any means nec.

It was wild..then I ran out of really cool shoes and had all new stuff so nothing to sell..

but my auctions were such a frigging work of art man..

Once they looked they were hooked ...I would sell my mommas undies for that sort of cash.

One of my friends made a "mock" auction he was hilarious I'll try to see if it is saved somewhere and if he will let me post it..

(In my best george takai voice) OH MY!

Comics-related, it was the Magneto helmet people keep posting pictures of me in; I bought it from ebay I think in 2001. It was custom-crafted by one of those Renaissance armorsmiths. It weighs somewhere from five to ten pounds, is hand-painted, and the blue edging is a separately-crafted strip of metal welded extraordinarily well around the entire piece. The only piece that needs work is the little horn emblem in the middle; the guy I bought it from was the artist and he said he intended to create that but never got around to it.

I don't expect to ever find something like this again. I'd really love to get the extra centerpiece created, I may pursue that at some point.

MagnetoHelmet.jpg

That isn't weird, that helmet is freaking AWESOME!!!

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for that?

I'm sure most have seen this one now, but it's hilarious. I believe the title was, "I will Kick your azz"

"Winning bid receives an azz-kicking from me personally. I am 6'0" and weigh over 230 lbs. If you win this auction, I will personally come to your house and kick your . I guarantee that I will not break any bones or kill you, nor will I use any weapons on you, but I will give you a good beating. I will do this under two conditions:

1) You or anyone else does not press charges against me(after all, you bought the azz-kicking),

2) You do not fight back or attempt to physically harm me in any other manner (this is your azz getting kicked, not mine).

Buyer provides round-trip plane ticket to the nearest airport, as well as cab fare to your house and back. If you are not close to an airport, you may provide me with a train ticket or other means of transportation. Do not pick me up, as I will be attacking you completely randomly. Buyer must also provide good, clear directions to their house, as well as any business expenses for if I need to stay in a hotel or buy food for myself during the trip. Most likely though I will just fly in, kick your azz, and then leave.

Upon my arrival, I will select a random time to come over and kick your azz. It may be when you are sleeping, or showering, or any other time during the day/night when you are most vulnerable. During this beating I may damage one or more of your household items, if I have to break glass to get into your home or knock over furniture if you attempt to run from me. This should be expected by you, and covered in my expenses. If you are married or have children, I may choose to slap around your family a little bit, but only if I'm feeling particularly generous. They should be informed of this, and expect it as well.

Bidding starts at one cent ($0.01) but remember the winner must pay all expenses for my travel if they wish for me to come and kick their azz.

I will accept check, money order, or Paypal. Or you could just let me use your valid credit card for a few days and we'll call it even."

I'm sure most have seen this one now, but it's hilarious. I believe the title was, "I will Kick your azz"

"Winning bid receives an azz-kicking from me personally. I am 6'0" and weigh over 230 lbs. If you win this auction, I will personally come to your house and kick your . I guarantee that I will not break any bones or kill you, nor will I use any weapons on you, but I will give you a good beating. I will do this under two conditions:

1) You or anyone else does not press charges against me(after all, you bought the azz-kicking),

2) You do not fight back or attempt to physically harm me in any other manner (this is your azz getting kicked, not mine).

Buyer provides round-trip plane ticket to the nearest airport, as well as cab fare to your house and back. If you are not close to an airport, you may provide me with a train ticket or other means of transportation. Do not pick me up, as I will be attacking you completely randomly. Buyer must also provide good, clear directions to their house, as well as any business expenses for if I need to stay in a hotel or buy food for myself during the trip. Most likely though I will just fly in, kick your azz, and then leave.

Upon my arrival, I will select a random time to come over and kick your azz. It may be when you are sleeping, or showering, or any other time during the day/night when you are most vulnerable. During this beating I may damage one or more of your household items, if I have to break glass to get into your home or knock over furniture if you attempt to run from me. This should be expected by you, and covered in my expenses. If you are married or have children, I may choose to slap around your family a little bit, but only if I'm feeling particularly generous. They should be informed of this, and expect it as well.

Bidding starts at one cent ($0.01) but remember the winner must pay all expenses for my travel if they wish for me to come and kick their azz.

I will accept check, money order, or Paypal. Or you could just let me use your valid credit card for a few days and we'll call it even."

Heck I would go to someone's house and kick their spoon for free..add money and I would consider it if it was further than across the street..I wouldn't break their furniture or slap around their family lol

Comics-related, it was the Magneto helmet people keep posting pictures of me in; I bought it from ebay I think in 2001. It was custom-crafted by one of those Renaissance armorsmiths. It weighs somewhere from five to ten pounds, is hand-painted, and the blue edging is a separately-crafted strip of metal welded extraordinarily well around the entire piece. The only piece that needs work is the little horn emblem in the middle; the guy I bought it from was the artist and he said he intended to create that but never got around to it.

I don't expect to ever find something like this again. I'd really love to get the extra centerpiece created, I may pursue that at some point.

MagnetoHelmet.jpg

Right I think it is awesome too + at least 20

I believe around $200. Apparently I wanted it a lot more than anyone else at that time because I know my bid was over $400; it wasn't something I expected to see again and didn't want to let it pass. In retrospect, I got REALLY lucky and would have wished I had bid more had I lost; being outbid at around $400 would have stuck in my craw a while. :eek:

Picture1509-XMen01-resize.jpg

Picture1506-XMenGiant01-resize.jpg

Oh my gawd! :roflmao:

There was a thread about these auctions a few years back. I think the auctions got pulled. I had the images still on my PC from college figured I would share these gems for the Newbs.

Wow...just...wow. :roflmao: Thanx for sharing.....

I believe around $200. Apparently I wanted it a lot more than anyone else at that time because I know my bid was over $400; it wasn't something I expected to see again and didn't want to let it pass. In retrospect, I got REALLY lucky and would have wished I had bid more had I lost; being outbid at around $400 would have stuck in my craw a while. :eek:

You were clearly meant to have it.

Picture1509-XMen01-resize.jpg

Picture1506-XMenGiant01-resize.jpg

Oh my gawd! :roflmao:

There was a thread about these auctions a few years back. I think the auctions got pulled. I had the images still on my PC from college figured I would share these gems for the Newbs.

Wow...just...wow. :roflmao: Thanx for sharing.....

OMG!!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: