• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Marvel 1st issues project

330 posts in this topic

I was going by newsstand date personally.

I forget the site but someone posted it in general a few months ago. You put in a date and t tells you every marvel book published. I'll try and find it and link it for you tomorrow.

I forget the site but someone posted it in general a few months ago. You put in a date and t tells you every marvel book published. I'll try and find it and link it for you tomorrow.

http://www.mikesamazingworld.com/marvel/coverdate.php?year=1972&month=5 :cloud9:

Not BA but the only 2 other slabbed #1's i have and the only "major" ones i likely will have for a LONG time unless i can maybe find a nice looking Avengers #1 in 6.0-7.0 for a decent price (thumbs u

1-30.jpg

And the pride and joy of my collection :cloud9:

1-31.jpg

Not BA but the only 2 other slabbed #1's i have and the only "major" ones i likely will have for a LONG time unless i can maybe find a nice looking Avengers #1 in 6.0-7.0 for a decent price (thumbs u

1-30.jpg

And the pride and joy of my collection :cloud9:

1-31.jpg

yessir that's a beauty!

http://www.mikesamazingworld.com/marvel/coverdate.php?year=1972&month=5 :cloud9:

:applause:

We should form a club.

The "we were born in May, 1972 and you weren't" club....

lol I am in! :headbang:

Missed by a day. It is really uncanny how many people on this board were born in 1972.

Missed by 3 months (February). I had no idea there were so many boardies born in '72.

We should form a club.

The "we were born in May, 1972 and you weren't" club....

lol I am in! :headbang:

Missed by a day. It is really uncanny how many people on this board were born in 1972.

Missed by 3 months (February). I had no idea there were so many boardies born in '72.

Maybe because we remember when comics were cool.. (shrug) .buying Secret Wars when it was coming out..and loving it? (I am sure this will start the Secret Wars stunk ball rolling...but I loved it!)..and stuck with the hobby. I wanna see how many teens who get into it reading the they put out today will be into it when they are 38/39... doh! The downward trend our hobby just might take! :cry:

I'm a 72er (Feb) and I loved Secret Wars when it came out.

Our generation had (maybe) the last great era for comics. Say what you like about late bronze / early copper age but there were some great stories to be found. And then as we became teens the mature comics came along. :cloud9:

And of course back issues were cheaper

Secret Wars was AWESOME when it came out!

I distinctly remember being a kid and counting down the days for the month to end and the next issue of Secret Wars to come out and buy it off the stands (thumbs u

Secret Wars was AWESOME when it came out!

I distinctly remember being a kid and counting down the days for the month to end and the next issue of Secret Wars to come out and buy it off the stands (thumbs u

Nice to hear that people my age have the same thoughts on that time in comics when we were growing up. I do not see any comics that are released today that I cant wait to read the next issue of..and maybe that will hurt the long term following of comics....when the younger people who are just getting into them...will they still be die hear fans at 38/39??? hm Thoughts on this? :grin:

I'm not really the person to comment on that. I can count on 1 hand the number of new comis Iv e read in the last 15 years. I think moderns are trash but really I haven't given them much of a chance. I'm so behind on all the storylines, I'm completely lost trying to read anything modern. Rather than try and figure out the new plots and stories, I'd rather read old SA or BA books from when I was a kid.

From what I hear most people say, there are VERY few new comics that hold a reader and have people anxiously awaiting the next issue like when we were kids. I wonder if it's just being a kid also. Would we still be anxiously awaiting the next issue of even those great old stories now as 38-40 year olds or was it just us being kids back then?

I'm a 72er (Feb) and I loved Secret Wars when it came out.

Our generation had (maybe) the last great era for comics. Say what you like about late bronze / early copper age but there were some great stories to be found. And then as we became teens the mature comics came along. :cloud9:

And of course back issues were cheaper

I loved Secret Wars too! My brother and I got started with #7 and made sure we got the back issues back to #1. In all honesty Secret Wars had a huge impact on the both of us becoming comic collectors in the first place.

I read hundreds of comics between 1975 and 1980. Then kind of went cold turkey when my dad quit buying them for me. When I was old enough to scrape a little bread together circa 1984, one of the first books i bought for myself was Secret Wars #4. I was re-hooked. :cloud9:

Maybe you should throw a copy of Secret Wars #1 into your #1 set....it was a killer mini series! Nice set of #1's by the way.

Thank you!

I want to try and concentrate on the pre 1980 #1's first before I start on mini series. If I ever finish that, Secret Wars #1, vision and scarlet witch #1 and Hawkeye #1 are definitely at the top of my list to add. My 3 favorite mini-series from when I was a kid :cloud9:

Its real cool to hear that Secret Wars had a similar reaction to the fellow board members who were around the same age as myself where reading them new! Yeah those books were great to me back then! And I think in a big way got me really into comics! I was always shocked they were never worth much in the price guides. Since to me they were must haves! :headbang: And how many of us were really mad picking up Secret Wars 2...after hearing about it for a while...reading it...and finding out it NO WHERE lived up to part 1...lol. :tonofbricks: I for one, was crushed! lol Plus they desroyed us with all those lame crossover books. :mad: