• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Marvel 1st issues project

330 posts in this topic

The siren song of completeness will strike you. And I will be waiting. You will call out me, "Scooby-Doo . . . Laff-a-lympics . . . TV Stars . . . Flintstones" And I will be there.

And if you are going for Peter the Little Pest, I would suggest you go for Fingh's great triumverate - Peter, the Little Pest, Homer, the Happy Ghost and Harvey. And throw Chili, Mad about Millie and Groovy in there as well. :insane:

Got them.

Gee really?!? greggy has these? What a shocker!!! lol Is there anything you dont have at this point? I'm pretty sure my Frankenstein1 was one of your books wasnt it greggy? I seem to remember the little penciled "a" in the corner on a bunch of books you posted in the Just back from CGC thread awhile ago.

Sean,

I dont see my self going for the cartoon books but the others you mentioned are definitely on my list. Groovy is one of the ones i didnt even know existed until a little while ago. I dont think id ever actually even seen one before until someone posted their copy a couple days ago.

I folded to the pressure and added the Giant Sized #1's but i am NOT doing the cartoon books!!! lol

What??? Wow..they might be the coolest books out of all the #1. And by "cartoon book" does that mean the hanna barbara stuff only? Or is Chili Lil Kids, Lil pals in there also? Till I see a Yogi Bear #1 in this thread, you are off the cool list. hahhahahhaha

I folded to the pressure and added the Giant Sized #1's but i am NOT doing the cartoon books!!! lol

What??? Wow..they might be the coolest books out of all the #1. And by "cartoon book" does that mean the hanna barbara stuff only? Or is Chili Lil Kids, Lil pals in there also? Till I see a Yogi Bear #1 in this thread, you are off the cool list. hahhahahhaha

Yogi Bear 1?!? Are you freaking joking me!!! It's bad enough I had to sit thru that steaming pile of movie with my kids, now I gotta drop coin buying that comic?!? lol

Ok, I'll make you a deal, I'll get the cartoons but not until after my Avengers 1-200 run is complete. I'm almost halfway home on that although the priciest ones I don't have any of yet, 1-16 :eek:

I have my eye on a NICE mid grade #1 that I really, REALLY want but the seller just wants way, WAY too much for it :(

Yogi Bear 1?!? Are you freaking joking me!!! It's bad enough I had to sit thru that steaming pile of movie with my kids, now I gotta drop coin buying that comic?!? lol

Ok, I'll make you a deal, I'll get the cartoons but not until after my Avengers 1-200 run is complete. I'm almost halfway home on that although the priciest ones I don't have any of yet, 1-16 :eek:

I have my eye on a NICE mid grade #1 that I really, REALLY want but the seller just wants way, WAY too much for it :(

I can see Avengers run being more important then these book. Its always nice finishing off runs. I might be one of the biggest completeists (I may have killed that word lol) on this board. So anything you say your not getting within that time frame of your #1 issue set...Bugs me. lol When I finished Avengers #1 up it was a great feeling...But I had that feeling again today...when I got the last issue I needed of Kathy the Teen Aged Tornado #1-27 from Marvel. The Kathy was wayyyy harder then my Avengers run. That feeling does not go away no matter what the title. lol I can see you getting all 9 Yogi Bear, Marvel comics....lol Once the bug bites. lol

Well, if i'm doing the GS #1's, i already have a few of those.

Bought this raw, long, long ago and just had it slabbed a few months ago. I was hoping for a 9.6-9.8 but i always seem to get hammered on squarebounds. In hand, this might be the whitest cover of any BA book ive ever owned.

gsa1-1.jpg

I know i have a few more but must not have them scanned yet

There were a bunch of CGC bronze #1 issues that ended on Ebay the last two days and I was getting outbid on all of them.....did you win any of those?

Titles like Tales of Ghost castle, House of secrets #1 etc

Yeah, but i was only going after the Marvels. 1 seller had about 10 of the horror ones but i got outbid on all of them at the last second except for Journey into Mystery and Uncanny Tales. For some reason, they all went REALLY high, well over GPA except for the Uncanny Tales which went for like half of the GPA average (shrug)

I bid on those as well and got blown out....sometime it doesn't pay to have GPA as something I think a book is going for a good price and then I check GPA and find out the last book sold for well under the asking price so I walk away. I am leaving a lot of books along these days so as they say...ignorance is bliss lol

I really wanted the:

Crypt of Shadows #1 CGC 9.4

You also need to get a 35 cent Star Wars #1. Throw in a Dazzler #1 (1981?) and we will all think you are cool.

I bid on those as well and got blown out....sometime it doesn't pay to have GPA as something I think a book is going for a good price and then I check GPA and find out the last book sold for well under the asking price so I walk away. I am leaving a lot of books along these days so as they say...ignorance is bliss lol

I really wanted the:

Crypt of Shadows #1 CGC 9.4

Yeah, I was going after that don rosa crypt of shadows also. I was high bidder and my max bid was way over what the current bid was at with 3 seconds left so I was sure it was mine. Of course, at the last second a snipe bid blew me out of the water!

You also need to get a 35 cent Star Wars #1. Throw in a Dazzler #1 (1981?) and we will all think you are cool.

I disagree with the Star Wars 35 cent variant. I am sure the variant mafia will come down on me.. lol....but I dont collect variants. But the Dazzler #1 does go on the list. :headbang: I have complete sets of both of those titles... :cloud9:

Yeah, you guys arent convincing me that annuals are #1 issues dammit!!! lol

And yes, i agree with you, price variants do NOT count! Especially considering how damn expensive the SW variants are (tsk)

And yes, i agree with you, price variants do NOT count! Especially considering how damn expensive the SW variants are (tsk)

How are the Anuuals not #1s??? If your only dont around the bronze age...name one Annual that is expensive? (shrug)

How are the Anuuals not #1s??? If your only dont around the bronze age...name one Annual that is expensive? (shrug)

You must get the annuals too! Unless the #1 collection wont be complete. (shrug)