• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Marvel 1st issues project

330 posts in this topic

The Annuals are the Annuals. They are not regularly and sequentially published. They are just compilations that are published semi-regularly. NOT true 1st Issues. :sumo:

Right.The title of the thread is "My Marvel 1st issues project", not My Marvel #1 issues project. (thumbs u

The Annuals are the Annuals. They are not regularly and sequentially published. They are just compilations that are published semi-regularly. NOT true 1st Issues. :sumo:

Right.The title of the thread is "My Marvel 1st issues project", not My Marvel #1 issues project. (thumbs u

Is it just me? Or does this make no sense at all? hm

Think about it. There has to be a 1st issue of a title before the Annual comes out. doh!

Think about it. There has to be a 1st issue of a title before the Annual comes out. doh!

There can only be one "1st" issue of a title. There can be, and are many #1 issues of various titles. Volume one , volume two , Giant size etc.

:applause:

There can only be one "1st" issue of a title. There can be, and are many #1 issues of various titles. Volume one , volume two , Giant size etc.

Some titles change names and characters, but keep the numbering, making them 1st issues. The number 1 is irrelevant.

Some titles change names and characters, but keep the numbering, making them 1st issues. The number 1 is irrelevant.

Technically that would be a "first appearance". AF #15 is a first appearance, while Amazing Spider-Man #1 is a #1 of that title.

Technically that would be a "first appearance". AF #15 is a first appearance, while Amazing Spider-Man #1 is a #1 of that title.

True, but that's not what I mean. For example, the first issue of The Incredible Hercules is #113 picking up the numbering of The Incredible Hulk . There are examples from the bronze age, but I can't remember one, off the top of my head.

Monsters on the Prowl 9, Tomb of Darkness 9, Creatures on the Loose 10, Secrets of Sinister House 5. Also reboots with a gap in publication are considered by some to be first issues - Aquaman 57, GL 90

All can be considered 1st issues without being #1s. Just as there are lots of #1s that are not 1st issues.

Monsters on the Prowl 9, Tomb of Darkness 9, Creatures on the Loose 10, Secrets of Sinister House 5. Also reboots with a gap in publication are considered by some to be first issues - Aquaman 57, GL 90

All can be considered 1st issues without being #1s. Just as there are lots of #1s that are not 1st issues.

(thumbs u

Ah, I see where you are going with this. I guess you are basing it more on the title.

yeah, basically, im just going after the 1st issue of a title not every #1. The Giant Size #1's at least theres an argument for being "1st issues' but i dont see how annuals would qualify for what im trying to do.

It's really mind boggling how many are out there :ohnoez:

This is DEFINITELY going to keep me busy for a LONG time! Even if i had the money to buy them all, which i certainly dont!, just finding alot of them in 9.0+ is freaking HARD! This is going to take a few years at absolute minimum! Starting this has definitely given me a whole nother level of respect for guys like David and Bronze age who have gotten EVERY freaking marvel book out there for whatever time periods. Thats crazy!

Between this and trying to finish my Avengers 1-200, ive got my work cut out for me BIGTIME :frustrated:

yeah, basically, im just going after the 1st issue of a title not every #1. The Giant Size #1's at least theres an argument for being "1st issues' but i dont see how annuals would qualify for what im trying to do.

It's really mind boggling how many are out there :ohnoez:

This is DEFINITELY going to keep me busy for a LONG time! Even if i had the money to buy them all, which i certainly dont!, just finding alot of them in 9.0+ is freaking HARD! This is going to take a few years at absolute minimum! Starting this has definitely given me a whole nother level of respect for guys like David and Bronze age who have gotten EVERY freaking marvel book out there for whatever time periods. Thats crazy!

Between this and trying to finish my Avengers 1-200, ive got my work cut out for me BIGTIME :frustrated:

Buying every book has been alot of fun! But its not something I thought of doing till only the last few years...after being a OCD buyer of every book...finishing runs of comics is like drugs..lol. But buying books in higher grade is much more expensive! I love nice VG books. lol A nice VG book to you is something you would never buy. I do like high grade stuff...when I was buying bronze stuff VF was my grade..but the Silver stuff is too much for me in higher grades. But I am down to 185 more Marvels to have 1/60 thru 12/79 complete! 20 years!

HG, LG, whatever! To get EVERY book Marvel put out over a 20 year span is freaking amazing! I don't care what grade they're in, that's quite an accomplishment :applause:

I did pick up a couple more 1st issues today. I got a 9.2 Weird Wonder Tales, a 9.6 Combat Kelly and a 9.6 Giant Size Conan 1 just for you OCD completists! lol

When I get them in hand later this week or next week, I'll scan and post them (thumbs u

Btw bronze age, I have low grade copies of TTA 38,39,40,44 and 48 somewhere in one of my boxes from a collection I bought 10 years ago. They might be too low grade for you but if you still need those, I'll try to dig them out and shoot you a scan (thumbs u

Wow, a well centered TOD1! That is a toughie. Very cool book.

Thank you! Book courtesy of our own gregreece (thumbs u

I passed on a few Miswraps lately. I don't usually mind Miswraps as you can see but I don't like paying over GPA for them. For some reason, this is a book that seems to always go for right at or over GPA. For Gregs price though, I couldn't pass up one centered as well as this one.