• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March Madness Grading Tournament- Seeding Round.

375 posts in this topic

But it looks like we will have a lot of snowbirds coming to the SE this year anyway:

Pre play in tourney:

NE - 25

NW - 13

SW -13

SE - 9

along with some unregistered Canadians, eh?

Every 3rd Northeasterner is going to have to play in another bracket along with any that get in on the play in.

NE always includes the European teams, so that region usually gets impacted. They do however end up getting to travel west to warmer weather. :banana:

Grades not sent.

Am mulling the potential benefits of intentionally failing the seeding round.

(tsk)

You must submit.

I've been waiting a year to be able to mess with your avatar again.

8450a.gif

:news:RANKINGS :news:

65. DrewinCanada- NE 10-7

2nitftt.jpg

[font:Arial Black]I SUCK![/font]

Well, I suppose I can take solace in the fact that I'm still 2 places higher than etanick, and he made it to the finals last year.

Still, how did he and I --- two of last year's Final Four, and Top Ten finishers in the Nik Memorial contest --- end up battling it out for the last two seeds???

doh!

Well, I suppose I can take solace in the fact that I'm still 2 places higher than etanick, and he made it to the finals last year.

Still, how did he and I --- two of last year's Final Four, and Top Ten finishers in the Nik Memorial contest --- end up battling it out for the last two seeds???

doh!

You suck?

Did you see my ranking? lol

But it looks like we will have a lot of snowbirds coming to the SE this year anyway:

Pre play in tourney:

NE - 25

NW - 13

SW -13

SE - 9

along with some unregistered Canadians, eh?

Every 3rd Northeasterner is going to have to play in another bracket along with any that get in on the play in.

NE always includes the European teams, so that region usually gets impacted. They do however end up getting to travel west to warmer weather. :banana:

:whee::whatev::whee:

You've still got a chance to get into the group of 64. :foryou:

You know it's not over until greggy sings.

warlord was in the NW last year...wassup with that....I demand he be disqualified from last years tourney

I think last year I just asked to be put wherever since I didn't know what region the Buckeye state is in. Generally our region is called what, North Middle America or something like that? Talk about an identity crisis, we get no respect.

Still, I whiffed the grading on 2 or 3 diff books, so you probably do want me in NE after all! :foryou:

Grades not sent.

(tsk)

You must submit.

8450a.gif

2nitftt.jpg

doh!

Maybe because you guys got lucky in the Nik contest and it finally caught up with you??? :baiting:

Grades not sent.

(tsk)

You must submit.

8450a.gif

2nitftt.jpg

doh!

Maybe because you guys got lucky in the Nik contest and it finally caught up with you??? :baiting:

:roflmao:

We will get the playin games started this afternoon in this thread. Because of my inability to arbitrarily determine which 12-7 teams makes it to the tournament and which ones need to play in, the play tourney will pit the bottom 10 teams vying for two slots.

:taptaptap:

I need to tap out here.

:news: We're going to start the Play in Tournament. :news:

The lower 8 teams will play off to see who faces Harvdoss and Liaton9000 in a play-in game to get to the tournament.

The pairings are as follows:

West:

Liaton9000

Norrin Radd Vs. Dollarbill

DrewinCanada Vs. Freakster

East:

Harvdoss

Etanick Vs. Webhead

BoarderlineHorder Vs. AlexH

The rules are as follows:

Rules:

1. Three books will be posted. PM me all grades in the order they are listed. Associate the book with the grade and include your username in the body of the PM.

2. Submit your grades in standard CGC recognized increments, ie. No 9.5’s.

3. Due date for grades is Friday at 7:00 PM PST or when the last team submits its grades. All grade submissions are final.

4. No conditional grades will be accepted. Please ask questions to seek clarification (or more confusion) before submitting grades.

5. The following is a list of things I will always disclose when posting the scans.

A. Any defects not clearly visible. (ie. NCB creases)

B. Any stains.

C. Damage to a book which was not present at the time of grading.

6. Your score will be tallied and compared to your opponent's score as follows:

Spot on= 20 points

Within .2= 15 points

Within .5 or closer= 10 points

Within .7 or closer =7 points

Within 1 or closer= 5 points.

Within 1.2 = 2 points.

Bonus (cumulative):

2 books spot on= 5 points

3 books spot on=10 points

The Team with the highest score wins the game and advances. There will be an overtime book posted in the event of a tie.

Good Luck to everyone. (thumbs u