• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why does anyone really care about Werewolf by night #32 ?

247 posts in this topic

Hulk 181 went from $420 to over $1000 in a 3 month span in the early 90's. But you're all right he isn't an a-lister. He only made the x-men the most popular comic for about 20 years. Spider-man had the clone saga during the 90's that caused the title/character to wane. Wolverine has been the most popular character since his inception. Batman's big book values are from before Wolverine,not after.

I know it's the 1st Moon Knight, but why does that matter? Moon knight is essentially a D-list hero. Why would his 1st appearance be valuable? Same goes for Avengers #196 1st Taskmaster. Nobody cared until Wizard Magazine said to get it now before it gets hot. Why would the 1st taskmaster ever get hot?

People care because they like the characters. (shrug)

I hope you have more to offer the boards than this first post... lol

Hulk 181 went from $420 to over $1000 in a 3 month span in the early 90's. But you're all right he isn't an a-lister. He only made the x-men the most popular comic for about 20 years. Spider-man had the clone saga during the 90's that caused the title/character to wane. Wolverine has been the most popular character since his inception. Batman's big book values are from before Wolverine,not after.

Man, does it not feel like this is all there is to talk about around here these days? Superman's better than Spider-Man. No way man! Wolverine's way better than Batman!!!

I actually do like the character but Moon Knight has had numerous cancelled series. What impact has Moon Knight ever had in the Marvel universe? If the character was so popular why has the character had numerous cancelled series due to low sales?

I often wonder why they keep trying to push these characters that never seem to be able to take off. It baffles me why Marvel kept pushing Cloak & Dagger for instance.

I know it's the 1st Moon Knight, but why does that matter? Moon knight is essentially a D-list hero. Why would his 1st appearance be valuable? Same goes for Avengers #196 1st Taskmaster. Nobody cared until Wizard Magazine said to get it now before it gets hot. Why would the 1st taskmaster ever get hot?

You'd best not go dissing Darkhawk :sumo:(tsk) or I'll sick my buddy comicalgems on you. :mad:

You'd best not go dissing Darkhawk :sumo:(tsk) or I'll sick my buddy comicalgems on you. :mad:

Who is darkhawk?

What exactly is "rough" or "weak" about this post? The fact remains Moon Knight isn't a character that will ever threaten wolverine or spider-man in popularity. This may be an extreme example but I think you get my point.

So whats the problem. You are a looking at a few $100 for a WWBN 32 while an af15 or hulk 181 (if I am correct about first wolvie appearance) surpasses the price of the wwbn 32 greatly.

Seems to be right in line for pricing so whats the issue?

WWBN #32.

What exactly is "rough" or "weak" about this post? The fact remains Moon Knight isn't a character that will ever threaten wolverine or spider-man in popularity. This may be an extreme example but I think you get my point.

So whats the problem. You are a looking at a few $100 for a WWBN 32 while an af15 or hulk 181 (if I am correct about first wolvie appearance) surpasses the price of the wwbn 32 greatly.

Seems to be right in line for pricing so whats the issue?

WWBN #32.

:makepoint:

I hope somebody cares. I just got a 9.8 back from CGC. Unpressed, for those that care.

Sucks to be you. We've just determined that the market price for that book is stupid. PM me and we'll work something out. I promise you'll get most of your grading fees back.

PMs are no fun. $4400.

$4400? :o

Does it come with Adrianne Palicki(terrible WW costume not required)?

Moon Knight has great potential for a movie, think about it, if Green Hornet a non-Marvel/DC character just pulled in 220 million world wide at the box office, then Moon Knight can as well. All these so called b,c and d characters will be pulling in movies over the next decade, why do you think Disney spent 4 billion to acquire Marvel? To publish comics? lol no they did it to make movies,cartoons and videogames of Marvel characters. Get these b,c and d characters first appearances now before the price goes up. Werewolf by Knight #32 will explode in the next five years pricewise. 2c

btw go long on Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-man # 64 as well, thats Cloak and Dagger`s first appearance.

;)

When the Taskmaster movie comes out, someone will be eating crow.