• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Vintage D&D Character Sheets Here - And I know you have them!
1 1

269 posts in this topic

I was able to pick up a few painted pieces from John Lakey from some of the 2nd or 3rd edition source books.

I was able to grab (his name not necessarily TSR's name for them)

Unicorn Grove

UnicornMeadow.jpg

Undetected Entry

Thieves.jpg

and The Wand of Orcus

WandofOrcus.jpg

I was able to pick up a few painted pieces from John Lakey from some of the 2nd or 3rd edition source books.

Unicorn Grove

UnicornMeadow.jpg

Undetected Entry

Thieves.jpg

and The Wand of Orcus

WandofOrcus.jpg

Very Nice. . .The Wand of Orcus :cloud9:

i want the full-page image of Thor fighting the Midgard Serpent from Dieties and Demigods

Edited by Sal

i want the full-page image of Thor fighting the Midgard Serpent from Dieties and Demigods

That image is responsible for me starting to read Thor comics in 1980. As I read I kept seeing them as they were drawn in D&D instead of the comic artists. Such strong visuals.

Unicorn Grove

UnicornMeadow.jpg

Undetected Entry

Thieves.jpg

and The Wand of Orcus

WandofOrcus.jpg

Awesome Chris! Of course everyone knows that one touch from the Wand of Orcus means instant death! :o

I'll start (If I am the only one on this thread..i will be forever embarrased lol)

Photobucket

Beautiful, I had those same character sheets! :cloud9: Love to know if I've still got them stashed somewhere. I don't remember throwing them out, but no idea where they'd be...

I started playing D and D thirty-one years ago. I traded all my stuff for high-grade bronze Avengers issues when I was a junior in high school. I miss the lead figures the most and have started buying them again. I loved the episode on Freaks and Geeks where the cool, bad boy type played D and D with the "geeks."

You'll love this too then!

:applause::applause::applause::applause:

"I'm going to have to ask for your character sheet....." lol

:banana: Chris

Found a small image of what you are talking about...it's genius.

thor.jpg

That image is responsible for me starting to read Thor comics in 1980. As I read I kept seeing them as they were drawn in D&D instead of the comic artists. Such strong visuals.

Here's one by the person who I think did the Norse Gods and some other Deities and Demigods art. I love his stuff. Anyone familiar with the artist, or own any originals by him/her?

Freya.jpg

thor.jpg

And I just realized the creator of this piece just passed away this Saturday the 19th.

thor.jpg

And I just realized the creator of this piece just passed away this Saturday the 19th.

:(

Luckily the art will live forever.

Here's one by the person who I think did the Norse Gods and some other Deities and Demigods art. I love his stuff. Anyone familiar with the artist, or own any originals by him/her?

Freya.jpg

That is Jeff Dee I believe. He also did most of the artwork for Villains and Vigilantes the super hero RPG from the 80's.

I wish I had some original stuff by him.

This thread is SO full of win. :cloud9:

I know you guys should go check out Claudio's CAF. He had the original painting of Dragonlance .... I believe Dragons of Autumn Twilight by Larry Elmore made only for the Hickmen and Weis. CRAAAAZY awesome.

And I should point out that those of you who have such great memories of this stuff should really try reading the Knights of the Dinner Table comic. Really hilarious and a lot less effort to read this comic every month than trying to get a campaign together as an adult.