• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebayer to watch out for: bijoubaby05

471 posts in this topic

One day someone is going to pull a Jay and Silent Bob to someone on a forum.

Aw, he was just poking a bit of fun. There's maybe only a handful of boardies that require a visit. lol

:headbang:

Then again, I've seen "Returner's" pic in the "What do you look like" thread, and I wouldn't want him knocking at my door. :eek: I did give 'Muscleshark' my home phone number and address when he accused me of hiding behind my keyboard, though...that was fun. :cloud9:

It has been done. Seller politely agreed to cancel the transaction. I'm glad I found this forum. I have learned a lot about what not to do over the last couple days. Some of you dudes are a little harsh though, but whatever. I have always tried to give people the benefit of the doubt, but I guess in the comic world, it seems like every other seller is a scam artist! Such a downer to find out. anyhow, Thanks for looking out.

Sorry if we seem harsh, but as you said yourself, every other seller on Ebay is a scam artist. We're mighty protective of our hobby here, and have learned that giving people the benefit of the doubt usually leads to sorrow and lighter wallets.

This forum is a community, and we police each other as best we can, and we're naturally suspicious of any newcomers...most of us have been burned more than once by Ebay scammers, and may be a little short-fused and distrusting when someone new comes along. Don't take it personally. Stick around and read what the people here have to say, and maybe check out the archived posts as well. If you like what you see (and you probably will), hang out and chat.

Again, sorry if we're 'harsh', but honestly, we're mostly just tired of seeing people get burned by scummy Ebay scammers. If you learned something from these forums that helps you avoid getting scammed, that's great. If you stick around and become part of the community, that benefits all of us.

Welcome to the boards. :)

I totally understand where you all are coming from. As far as hostility, I think the internet is a little informal and it is hard to always tell when people are joking or being serious unless you get to know them a bit first. Either way, you all seem to be a good group of people and I look foreward to hanging around.

It has been done. Seller politely agreed to cancel the transaction. I'm glad I found this forum. I have learned a lot about what not to do over the last couple days. Some of you dudes are a little harsh though, but whatever. I have always tried to give people the benefit of the doubt, but I guess in the comic world, it seems like every other seller is a scam artist! Such a downer to find out. anyhow, Thanks for looking out.

Sorry if we seem harsh, but as you said yourself, every other seller on Ebay is a scam artist. We're mighty protective of our hobby here, and have learned that giving people the benefit of the doubt usually leads to sorrow and lighter wallets.

This forum is a community, and we police each other as best we can, and we're naturally suspicious of any newcomers...most of us have been burned more than once by Ebay scammers, and may be a little short-fused and distrusting when someone new comes along. Don't take it personally. Stick around and read what the people here have to say, and maybe check out the archived posts as well. If you like what you see (and you probably will), hang out and chat.

Again, sorry if we're 'harsh', but honestly, we're mostly just tired of seeing people get burned by scummy Ebay scammers. If you learned something from these forums that helps you avoid getting scammed, that's great. If you stick around and become part of the community, that benefits all of us.

I totally understand where you all are coming from. As far as hostility, I think the internet is a little informal and it is hard to always tell when people are joking or being serious unless you get to know them a bit first. Either way, you all seem to be a good group of people and I look foreward to hanging around.

Welcome to the boards :banana:

Then again, I've seen "Returner's" pic in the "What do you look like" thread,

The pic's don't do him justice. I've been around alot of powerlifters and bodybuilders. " Matt the Monster" is right up there with them. This guy is one huge dude . I really don't think he can fit through a 36" door. lol He's also a nice guy to chat with at the con's and I always seem to run into him. It's hard not to.

DR.X

Yeah! We helped a total stranger from losing 6500 dollars,call us gruff but you'll thank us in the end.

I think that some of the hostility ( if that's what you want to call it ), comes from the following. This is certainly not the first time someone new came on here and asked about a seller, after the fact.

Why not ask these questions before you buy. This a knowledgable bunch here. If you can mysteriously find these boards after you think you got skunked, that means you must have been lurking around here, or you've been here before. It's one or the other most likely.

This is where I think the hard nose comment's come from. People with a few post's all of sudden come on asking question's about a possible e-bay seller that's questionable. Everyone means well here I think, but when this happens, expect a little heat. Just don't get the Dice man riled up. lol

DR.X

This is where I think the hard nose comment's come from. People with a few post's all of sudden come on asking question's about a possible e-bay seller that's questionable. Everyone means well here I think, but when this happens, expect a little heat. Just don't get the Dice man riled up. lol

DR.X

Someone's trying to fill their unnecessary apostrophe quota early this month. :baiting:

The pic's don't do him justice. I've been around alot of powerlifters and bodybuilders. " Matt the Monster" is right up there with them. This guy is one huge dude . I really don't think he can fit through a 36" door. lol He's also a nice guy to chat with at the con's and I always seem to run into him. It's hard not to.

DR.X

You are no slouch yourself, old man.

DR.X

:whee:

I'm getting there. It's been a tough road back to get in shape. Been back on a regular work-out schedule for about four months. Have alot of tendon pain, but so far have been able to work around it. Not able to push alot of weight yet but I'm in no hurry, my body just dont recover like it use to.

DR.X

DR.X

I'm getting there. It's been a tough road back to get in shape. Been back on a regular work-out schedule for about four months. Have alot of tendon pain, but so far have been able to work around it. Not able to push alot of weight yet but I'm in no hurry, my body just dont recover like it use to.

DR.X

I just heard about this thing called Tough Mudder. Its like a 10 mile challenge and obstacle course supposedly designed by British special forces or something. The next one for us is going to be a 12 mile course with 27 obstacles or so. Its not til next April, But we are already training for it. It is a good excuse to get in shape if you need one.

oh, on another note. I actually did not know about this forum before getting the book. I usually do research on anything I buy, and I saw his seller history and it was good. So I got it. Then I thought to check the internet for e-bay scammers. I guess the thought of spending that much money on a non-slabbed book really started making me second guess what I just did. So just for craps, I punched his name and the word scam into yahoo, and this forum came up. the rest is history.

DR.X

DR.X

I just heard about this thing called Tough Mudder. Its like a 10 mile challenge and obstacle course supposedly designed by British special forces or something. The next one for us is going to be a 12 mile course with 27 obstacles or so. Its not til next April, But we are already training for it. It is a good excuse to get in shape if you need one.

oh, on another note. I actually did not know about this forum before getting the book. I usually do research on anything I buy, and I saw his seller history and it was good. So I got it. Then I thought to check the internet for e-bay scammers. I guess the thought of spending that much money on a non-slabbed book really started making me second guess what I just did. So just for craps, I punched his name and the word scam into yahoo, and this forum came up. the rest is history.

You were brought here for a reason,good to have you.Now don't buy books from sh-tty scammers like that again. :makepoint:

:jokealert:( sort of)

For some reason, I just thought of that Dorothy Parker quote:

"You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make her think."

Sorry, hate to quibble, but the story behind the actual quote is Ms. Parker was asked to use 'horticulture' in a sentence and she came up with "You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think."

Quite a bit more witty that way, but I'm thankful I'm not the only Dorothy Parker fan here

Welcome back to collecting. :applause: Oh! and congrats on that destroyed,trimmed,color touched,over graded mess you just bought.I'm sure someone will buy when you want to sell. doh!

Oh snap!

Tough love Vacant,tough love.Saved the man 6500 dollars! :foryou:

I am in San Diego, and just north of the county is Camp Pendleton, a large military training zone that separates the San Diego area from the Orange County (Disneyland, etc.) area. Every summer, Camp Pendleton invites military and non-military alike to participate in the "Mud Run," which is a 10K (6 or so miles) run that involves numerous obstacles and challenging terrain. I participated several years ago and it was gruelling. You have to wade through a river, run through tires, crawl in mud under barbed wire (without the barbs), and various other craziness. At the end there's a big station full of makeshift showers and hoses so that you don't completely ruin the interior of your car.

I am in San Diego, and just north of the county is Camp Pendleton, a large military training zone that separates the San Diego area from the Orange County (Disneyland, etc.) area. Every summer, Camp Pendleton invites military and non-military alike to participate in the "Mud Run," which is a 10K (6 or so miles) run that involves numerous obstacles and challenging terrain. I participated several years ago and it was gruelling. You have to wade through a river, run through tires, crawl in mud under barbed wire (without the barbs), and various other craziness. At the end there's a big station full of makeshift showers and hoses so that you don't completely ruin the interior of your car.

Sounds really similar. I hear these things are more of a personal challenge and not a race. The idea is to get a team if you can, then do everything you can to make it through and not give up. at the end of this one, they hose you down with fire hoses and give you a beer.

I have been reading the boards for a while, Joined last year, but I do see lots of people get treated wrongly from people on this forum. If I could I would say this in person. I have a strong back bone, and confident in what I say and or do.

One day someone is going to pull a Jay and Silent Bob to someone on a forum.

HOW MANY PEOPLE WANNA KICK SOME @$$?! <-- u made that song come into my head

Sounds really similar. I hear these things are more of a personal challenge and not a race. The idea is to get a team if you can, then do everything you can to make it through and not give up. at the end of this one, they hose you down with fire hoses and give you a beer.

Yep, there are many teams, and yes, the timed-race aspect is not considered the point. (The beer is up to each group in their own time/place though.) Glad to hear the concept is being enjoyed on multiple continents. Oh yeah, weren't we supposed to be talking about bijoubaby or something? Ooops.