• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebayer to watch out for: bijoubaby05

471 posts in this topic

The auction for the Cap#46 ended :o

Somebody is in for a surprise

You can't "unclean" a cover, right?

Looks like the Cap 46 project has gone bad.

Bought on March 15 for $2085

Cap 46 bought

Sold on April 29 for $4250

Big time bucks

I guess the buyer either returned the comic or never paid as it was relisted and just finished at $1459

Big time loss

:banana:

Now that made my day. :applause:

The auction for the Cap#46 ended :o

Somebody is in for a surprise

You can't "unclean" a cover, right?

Looks like the Cap 46 project has gone bad.

Bought on March 15 for $2085

Cap 46 bought

Sold on April 29 for $4250

Big time bucks

I guess the buyer either returned the comic or never paid as it was relisted and just finished at $1459

Big time loss

:banana:

Now that made my day. :applause:

:applause:

I watch a lot of his auctions just for sheets and giggles...

I get an even bigger chuckle when I get an email from eBay telling me that an auction I have been watching has been pulled.

I was purchasing an Amazing Fantasy #15 5.5-6.0 from bijoubaby, but after reading this auction now know the best thing to do would be to cancel it.

having been ripped off before on ebay (although paypal does a great job of getting my money back from scammers) I decided to do some due diligence on the seller before shelling out my $8,900. Luckily I came upon this thread, saving me countless hours and anguish getting my money back after sending a comic into cgc and getting PLOD. then being out $130 for that favor.

in all his emails he guaranteed 100% unrestored. he says he just bought lots of AF15s in the past at conventions and now was selling them.

The deal seemed too good to be true. and apparently it is.

this newbie will now double check all sellers here before making big purchases.

Good job and WTTB! :applause:

Congrats! You saved yourself a world of headache doing some due diligence. If all buyers did what you did, these dooshnozzles would be out of business! Bravo (worship)

Check out the for sale forum here or start a thread in the Want to Buy forum. You'll find a MUCH Nicer AF for 9k here. And there's plenty of reputable dealers so you can buy one with no worries. Good luck and hop you find a real copy soon!

I was purchasing an Amazing Fantasy #15 5.5-6.0 from bijoubaby, but after reading this auction now know the best thing to do would be to cancel it.

having been ripped off before on ebay (although paypal does a great job of getting my money back from scammers) I decided to do some due diligence on the seller before shelling out my $8,900. Luckily I came upon this thread, saving me countless hours and anguish getting my money back after sending a comic into cgc and getting PLOD. then being out $130 for that favor.

in all his emails he guaranteed 100% unrestored. he says he just bought lots of AF15s in the past at conventions and now was selling them.

Welcome to the boards. Glad this thread has helped.

Ok - ignorance time.

The term PLOD is used lots.

What does it mean - and feel free to laugh........

Thankyou very much.

And no laughing - you are obviously a Gentleman of honour!

I'm at a point where I only buy online if its graded by CGC or I know even PGX. Even books graded by the seller & what I can see in their pictures are too risky at high grade to.judge. A few times I bought books graded by the seller a 9.2 only to have them graded by CGC at a 8.5. Even though i was buying them as a 9.0.

I'm at a point where I only buy online if its graded by CGC or I know even PGX. Even books graded by the seller & what I can see in their pictures are too risky at high grade to.judge. A few times I bought books graded by the seller a 9.2 only to have them graded by CGC at a 8.5. Even though i was buying them as a 9.0.

Yeah. At least PGX books can be submitted to CGC and get that 8.5 with a pretty purple label. :makepoint:

Welcome to the boards. Glad this thread has helped.

Glad to hear,and welcome to the boards. :applause:

Do these look like the same book? I can't take credit for the detective work, but thought this should be posted.

CGC FF 1

PGX 4.0 suddenly

"Up for sale is Fantastic Four #1 PGX 4.0 Signature Edition, STAN LEE AUTO. High grade copy!! From an original owner collection, this book is guaranteed free from any restoration, with a certified authentic Stan Lee signature!! It is professionally graded & Signature witnessed by a PGX representative as a VG 4.0 with white pages. All of our books are shipped in a secure priority mail box with extra padding. We combine shipping."

So a questionable 4.0 is a "High grade copy!!" ?