• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebayer to watch out for: bijoubaby05

471 posts in this topic

No. but many people do insult other memebers here. Most hide behind the Computer, but in Real life, they would be a coward. Yes its good to help defend and keep people in the loop on bad sellers, But this board is full of tools. Flame me I dont care.

Screwdrivers, Wrenches, and Hammers, OH MY! :D

I would hope a boardie would be a tool to me if I were to want to purchase a book from this dillhole,tough love baby! I give you all permission to be a tool if I want to buy anything from this guy. (thumbs u

No. but many people do insult other memebers here. Most hide behind the Computer, but in Real life, they would be a coward. Yes its good to help defend and keep people in the loop on bad sellers, But this board is full of tools. Flame me I dont care.

Screwdrivers, Wrenches, and Hammers, OH MY! :D

I would hope a boardie would be a tool to me if I were to want to purchase a book from this dillhole,tough love baby! I give you all permition to be a tool if I want to buy anything from this guy. (thumbs u

I do think we are too quick to jump on people who are new and make mistakes.

Perhaps because we see the same problems over and over we short circuit to

a harsh response rather than a patient one.

I do know a LCS owner who joined here, started a sales thread without

reading the sales rules and was driven outta town. He thinks this place is

full of jerks. I suspect he is far from the only one. And for those that say

'don't start selling books without reading the rules' they aren't easy to find

unless you've been here for a while.

Some of you dudes are a little harsh though

Harsh, you don't know what that means around here. There's nothing harsh about protecting the members on here and exposing this scum-bag everytime he pop's up. This guy is old news around here and has been screwing people over for years.

Ask questions here before you buy. There are reputable dealers on here that sell on e-bay also. I would suggest contacting one of them to help you find books. Dale Robert's, Bob Storm's, Greg Reece, Rich Evans, are just a few guy's here that are top notch dealers. (thumbs u

DR.X

What an azz. doh!

Harsh, you don't know what that means around here. There's nothing harsh about protecting the members on here and exposing this scum-bag everytime he pop's up. This guy is old news around here and has been screwing people over for years.

Ask questions here before you buy. There are reputable dealers on here that sell on e-bay also. I would suggest contacting one of them to help you find books. Dale Robert's, Bob Storm's, Greg Reece, Rich Evans, are just a few guy's here that are top notch dealers. (thumbs u

DR.X

What an azz. doh!

He has a valid point Mike. Although saying the board is full of tools would fall

under the realm of insulting other members and hiding behind the keyboard......

DR.X

What an azz. doh!

I don't think we are hiding behind a computer though,most of us have met in person.I think of it as friends telling friends how it's really like instead sugar coating the issue.Glass half full! :foryou:

DR.X

What an azz. doh!

He has a valid point Mike. Although saying the board is full of tools would fall

I can honestly say, in 6 1/2 years. I have not had a bad experience buying or selling on these boards. To tell a new guy we are a bunch of tools and cowards doesn't set to well with me.

It has been done. Seller politely agreed to cancel the transaction. I'm glad I found this forum. I have learned a lot about what not to do over the last couple days. Some of you dudes are a little harsh though, but whatever. I have always tried to give people the benefit of the doubt, but I guess in the comic world, it seems like every other seller is a scam artist! Such a downer to find out. anyhow, Thanks for looking out.

You made a sound choice.

DR.X

Uhmm sorry I am NOT a tool..and I don't say anything on here or behind anyone's back I wouldn't say to someone's face..ask around lol it's just my personal policy..\

DR.X

What an azz. doh!

I can honestly say, in 6 1/2 years. I have not had a bad experience buying or selling on these boards. To tell a new guy we are a bunch of tools and cowards doesn't set to well with me.

eggzactly

I have been reading the boards for a while, Joined last year, but I do see lots of people get treated wrongly from people on this forum. If I could I would say this in person. I have a strong back bone, and confident in what I say and or do.

One day someone is going to pull a Jay and Silent Bob to someone on a forum.

DR.X

What an azz. doh!

The boards are a great place to buy and sell. But also there are many people that jump down people's throats when they make an initial mistake. Mistakes are very easy to make when just starting out. I don't think the person meant we are all bad, or he wouldn't be here either. It is true, that sitting behind a keyboard a lot of people let things fly they would never say in the grocery store line (and for good reason).

Anyway, there is way more good than bad here, and no internet board is prefect.

DR.X

What an azz. doh!

The boards are a great place to buy and sell. But also there are many people that jump down people's throats when they make an initial mistake. Mistakes are very easy to make when just starting out. I don't think the person meant we are all bad, or he wouldn't be here either. It is true, that sitting behind a keyboard a lot of people let things fly they would never say in the grocery store line (and for good reason).

Anyway, there is way more good than bad here, and no internet board is prefect.

Agreed.. There is no such thing as a perfect board. I haven't been here long and I have been criticized for simple mistakes and saying the wrong things but you know what? It's all water off a ducks back. 99 percent of the time theses boards are awesome and I've learnt loads and loads about this hobby. You gotta take the good with the bad and move on. It's just like any other area in life. insufficiently_thoughtful_persons can pop up everywhere - don't let 'em get to ya....

That's my 2c anyway

Gee I wonder why he bought this 2 weeks ago...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290592696985#ht_752wt_1037

Just about all the comic book restorers have learned their stuff from book restorers.Book restoring has being going on before comic books existed! If anyone want to learn the secrets and tricks to restoring comics to help them with knowledge in the future then look to the book collectors,as they are much more open about it then the secretive comic book magicians. ;)

Would this count as making threats behind your keyboard?

Perhaps you should subscribe to the same rules you impose on everyone else.

Wow, people sure are on edge today. Must be Monday.

Nah. I'm not on the edge. Just picking on the guy for his hypocrisy.

Nah. I'm not on the edge. Just picking on the guy for his hypocrisy.

Aw, he was just poking a bit of fun. There's maybe only a handful of boardies that require a visit. lol

It has been done. Seller politely agreed to cancel the transaction. I'm glad I found this forum. I have learned a lot about what not to do over the last couple days. Some of you dudes are a little harsh though, but whatever. I have always tried to give people the benefit of the doubt, but I guess in the comic world, it seems like every other seller is a scam artist! Such a downer to find out. anyhow, Thanks for looking out.

Sorry if we seem harsh, but as you said yourself, every other seller on Ebay is a scam artist. We're mighty protective of our hobby here, and have learned that giving people the benefit of the doubt usually leads to sorrow and lighter wallets.

This forum is a community, and we police each other as best we can, and we're naturally suspicious of any newcomers...most of us have been burned more than once by Ebay scammers, and may be a little short-fused and distrusting when someone new comes along. Don't take it personally. Stick around and read what the people here have to say, and maybe check out the archived posts as well. If you like what you see (and you probably will), hang out and chat.

Again, sorry if we're 'harsh', but honestly, we're mostly just tired of seeing people get burned by scummy Ebay scammers. If you learned something from these forums that helps you avoid getting scammed, that's great. If you stick around and become part of the community, that benefits all of us.

Welcome to the boards. :)