• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebayer to watch out for: bijoubaby05

471 posts in this topic

i'd be pretty ticked off to find out it had been switched out of a slab and the grade bumped 2 levels....mentions cleaned kind of off-handed.

And the photo is tilted away at that classic angle that hides defects. The wear and creasing on the top edge of the cover is far less noticeable than in the original auction's scan.

I'd like to see his reply on this board to this?

That will never happen. These guys are the scum of comic collecting. I just hope someday they get their's and I'm there to witness it. I'm a firm believer in what comes around, goes around. I can't find the right words to describe the loathing I have for this P.O.S.

That will never happen. These guys are the scum of comic collecting. I just hope someday they get their's and I'm there to witness it. I'm a firm believer in what comes around, goes around. I can't find the right words to describe the loathing I have for this P.O.S.

Yep. They never respond to these threads. They only watch them.

Every time I read a thread like this it frustrates me that people pull this . However, I have to take the time to thank all the people that go out of their way to bring these issues to light.

Reminds me of an article I just read on Cracked.com about Goofus and Galliant from Highlights Magazine. Some people will be terrible forever because impulsive, underhanded, conniving, deceitful people get to lead the same lives as the rest of us minus all of the social responsibilities because there's simply nothing we can do about it.

Every time I read a thread like this it frustrates me that people pull this . However, I have to take the time to thank all the people that go out of their way to bring these issues to light.

It's the same in EVERY "hobby" as soon as big $$$ get involved. I used to be BIG into saltwater aquariums and corals and you would not believe the people pulled to screw you out of thousands of dollars! :censored:

Very, VERY similar to comics. People working together behind the scenes to shill up prices to OBSCENE amounts, chopping up corals, inventing "pedigree" corals, you name it! :facepalm:

Captain America #46

Went from a 3.0 to a 5.0 hm

Old listing of CGC 3.0

New listing of raw 5.0

Nice catch! :applause:

bijoubaby05 runs this kind of scam all the time. Take a look at this one...

ASM #1 Scam - Added Fake Initials

OK not sure if this has been posted or not, but I have an Ebay member that is not very honest...in fact down right deceptive. His ID is bijoubaby05. This Ebayer purchased my Heritage auction purchased Amazing Spider-Man #1 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 463wt_1396) ...a nice restored copy graded as a 7.0. I thought I got a good price...no problems...smooth transaction. A few weeks after I sold it, I get a note from another Ebayer telling me to check this guys auctions. Apparently he opened the book, regraded it (in his opinion) as a 9.0 restored, and added a fake initial to the front cover and interior cover. Here is his auction (http://www.ebay.com/itm/110788591515?ss ... 500wt_1413). When I confronted this guy, he was freaked out! I told him that what he was doing was unethical...not only did he pull it out of the slab (OK...I have also done that, sent it back in and tried to get a better grade), but he purposely mislead the buying public. Just wanted everyone to be aware of this clown. I did report him to Ebay and the listing was immediately removed...for now. Have a Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays to all. JL

125163.jpg.8b8c6646bd1c13415734e0eb9e779dc5.jpg

Amen! :applause:

It's the same in EVERY "hobby" as soon as big $$$ get involved. I used to be BIG into saltwater aquariums and corals and you would not believe the people pulled to screw you out of thousands of dollars! :censored:

Very, VERY similar to comics. People working together behind the scenes to shill up prices to OBSCENE amounts, chopping up corals, inventing "pedigree" corals, you name it! :facepalm:

Acanthastea, cyphastrea, chalices, zoanthids, etc. Yup, I was there right from the beginning and paying the prices. The corals didn't look quite as good in my tank as in the pictures. However, they did still look good enough...just not for the prices I was paying. :(

Peace,

Chip

After collecting comics for 40 years, I never realised there was mess like this going on.

Wow, what a scumbag.

It`s in every hobby.

:gossip:

You would be shocked what goes on in the other hobbies, at least comics has CGC. :cloud9:

God Bless! I hate to tell some of you guys what goes on in the antiques business on a daily basis. Be glad we have a certification company. This is why it is always best for 'newbies' who want to collect something to specialize or collect any item that offers certification (i.e. coins, paper money, toys, or comic books, etc.)

I have seen dealers sun bleach vintage bottles because different colored ones go for more money than others. Sad thing is; there is no way to tell the difference of this kind of 'destrucoration.' You just have to know what manufacturer made what (and that can be difficult).

Kind Regards,

'mint'

My X-Men #1 which I bought in 1984 was trimmed & glued. I didn't know it at the time. The Comic shop didn't mention it or even know it. I found out 26 years later after it was graded by CGC. To my shock. I guess you could say it was my fault but at that time I wasn't even thinking about restored books.

This PLOD cracking really IS getting old...

In my opinion this comic is in 9.0 shape. It truly looks beautiful. Please look at the pictures to see for yourself. There is just some color touch, some small tear seals, and the cover has been cleaned all of which were done very professionally and is difficult to notice.

$(KGrHqJ,!lIE-lL02juvBPtV,hL)ZQ~~60_3.JPG

bijoubaby05 AF15

For Google

bijoubaby05 eBay Amazing Fantasy 15 restored scam scammer criminal comic book CGC fake faker slab slab-cracker problems money

The auction for the Cap#46 ended :o

Somebody is in for a surprise

You can't "unclean" a cover, right?

Looks like the Cap 46 project has gone bad.

Bought on March 15 for $2085

Cap 46 bought

Sold on April 29 for $4250

Big time bucks

I guess the buyer either returned the comic or never paid as it was relisted and just finished at $1459

Big time loss

The auction for the Cap#46 ended :o

Somebody is in for a surprise

You can't "unclean" a cover, right?

Looks like the Cap 46 project has gone bad.

Bought on March 15 for $2085

Cap 46 bought

Sold on April 29 for $4250

Big time bucks

I guess the buyer either returned the comic or never paid as it was relisted and just finished at $1459

Big time loss

:banana: