• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebayer to watch out for: bijoubaby05

471 posts in this topic

sorry for not agreeing with the board concensus clearly enough for you to comprehend. let's break down what i said into managable chunks:

1) "it's probably best to avoid the people whose only job appears to be selling comics on ebay" (bijoubaby,robojo,etc.. AGREEING WITH YOU HERE)

2) "Lots and lots of sellers on Ebay" - and i respond "yeah. i've gotten lots of good stuff on ebay over the years." . " i do love gambling though... sometimes you get . sometimes you get a 9.6-9.8 new mutants 87 and 98 for $11 (it happened just a couple of weeks ago) or a VF marvel team-up #1 thrown in as a bonus book (happened 2 years ago). " talking about taking a gamble on the OTHER ebay sellers. the "gee, i don't know much about comics. it looks ok, here's a fuzzy picture" kind of sellers.

Hey Porky make sure if you are going to form a retort that I can comprehend you better damn well make sure you quote ALL of your stupidity not just where you tried your best to retract your idiotic comments

i have been pretty happy with robojo33. of course it's just been low-value high-midgrade comics, so probably not worth the trouble to trim or anything.

So let me break down what the above means to everyone here who reads it:

YOU ARE OK WITH BUYING FROM HIM

All I was trying to tell you is that it is generally understood and not at all accepted here dealing with robojo33 AKA Danny Dupcak - the all-time Comic book scum. So keep it up d-bag.

sorry for not agreeing with the board concensus clearly enough for you to comprehend. let's break down what i said into managable chunks:

1) "it's probably best to avoid the people whose only job appears to be selling comics on ebay" (bijoubaby,robojo,etc.. AGREEING WITH YOU HERE)

2) "Lots and lots of sellers on Ebay" - and i respond "yeah. i've gotten lots of good stuff on ebay over the years." . " i do love gambling though... sometimes you get . sometimes you get a 9.6-9.8 new mutants 87 and 98 for $11 (it happened just a couple of weeks ago) or a VF marvel team-up #1 thrown in as a bonus book (happened 2 years ago). " talking about taking a gamble on the OTHER ebay sellers. the "gee, i don't know much about comics. it looks ok, here's a fuzzy picture" kind of sellers.

Hey Porky make sure if you are going to form a retort that I can comprehend you better damn well make sure you quote ALL of your stupidity not just where you tried your best to retract your idiotic comments

i have been pretty happy with robojo33. of course it's just been low-value high-midgrade comics, so probably not worth the trouble to trim or anything.

All I was trying to tell you is that it is generally understood and not at all accepted here dealing with robojo33 AKA Danny Dupcak - the all-time Comic book scum. So keep it up d-bag.

no. that honor would go to robert cresthol and gerry ross. danny d-bag at least refunds, 1,000,000 comix just kept your returned book and money.

you missed a part. don't want to miss ALL MY STUPIDITY!

"at the time i bid on his auctions, i hadn't read about him on these boards. all i went on were the 100% money-back statement on his sales if something comes back restored, the comics he has for sale listed as restored appearing to make him honest, and the fact that he has not a single negative feedback out of 1200+ feedbacks left."

"at the time i bid on his auctions, i hadn't read about him on these boards. all i went on were the 100% money-back statement on his sales if something comes back restored, the comics he has for sale listed as restored appearing to make him honest, and the fact that he has not a single negative feedback out of 1200+ feedbacks left."

No one is saying you're stupid for buying from him before you knew his history. Many of the boardies here (myself included) joined up because they got screwed by someone on ebay and were looking for information on the seller.

However, now that you do know about him and have stated that you would possibly continue to do business with him in the future, you've got to expect some flak. This guy has bilked dozens of people out of thousands of dollars over the years and has generally sleazed up the hobby - and you still would buy from him? That's where people are calling you stupid. Consider that getting a comic for a good price isn't worth supporting a known felon. (thumbs u

Many of the boardies here (myself included) joined up because they got screwed by someone on ebay and were looking for information on the seller.

+1

have stated that you would possibly continue to do business with him in the future, you've got to expect some flak.

Robo has got to be the most hated name on this board. Saying in this forum that you'd knowingly buy from him is like saying Hitler wasn't all bad at a Hannukah dinner.

(apologies in advance to those who bristle at Hitler comparisons, I am well aware of how evil his actions were)

Ah, bijoubaby. He's a POS thief and I hope he dies in a fire. One can only hope he scams the wrong person some day and gets what's coming to him tenfold

so...your not too fond of him then?

I thought he was being kind lol

No one is saying you're stupid for buying from him before you knew his history. Many of the boardies here (myself included) joined up because they got screwed by someone on ebay and were looking for information on the seller.

However, now that you do know about him and have stated that you would possibly continue to do business with him in the future, you've got to expect some flak. This guy has bilked dozens of people out of thousands of dollars over the years and has generally sleazed up the hobby - and you still would buy from him? That's where people are calling you stupid. Consider that getting a comic for a good price isn't worth supporting a known felon. (thumbs u

the progression of the thread, at least from my point of view, went a lil' something like this:

1) recently started getting some comics on ebay again. have had bijou and robo on "watch list" for a few months and bought from robo 2 times.

2) noticed that bijou was shady, botched the search function by not clearing out the date range so i started a new thread, not knowing there were plenty already.

3) not having seen any specific examples, but having seen robo mentioned along the same lines as bijou, mentioned that what i had gotten from him seemed to be legit.

4) board goes ape, calls me a insufficiently_thoughtful_person,shill,noob, and supporter of child-rapist.

5) i go "uh, ok. so i get that a LOT of people have had trouble with robo in the past, but his postings and feedback look legit. are you sure he hasn't changed his ways?"

6) more rage

7) i finally decide "fine, if this guy has ripped off people badly enough to make them act like @$$es to a board newbie, i guess it's better to not do business with him"

so that's where we are now. got it?

Many of the boardies here (myself included) joined up because they got screwed by someone on ebay and were looking for information on the seller.

+1

have stated that you would possibly continue to do business with him in the future, you've got to expect some flak.

Robo has got to be the most hated name on this board. Saying in this forum that you'd knowingly buy from him is like saying Hitler wasn't all bad at a Hannukah dinner.

(apologies in advance to those who bristle at Hitler comparisons, I am well aware of how evil his actions were)

Godwin's. (tsk)

+1

Godwins Rule!

+1

Godwin's. (tsk)

ahhh...sorry, you beat me to it.

My father is Jewish, giving me a get out of jail free card with half of you, sorry to the other half.

i once slept with a Jewish girl...does that count?

That makes you a quarterJewish :lol:

My father is Jewish, giving me a get out of jail free card with half of you, sorry to the other half.

i once slept with a Jewish girl...does that count?

That makes you a quarterJewish :lol:

a quarter? yep, that sounds about right... :devil:

the progression of the thread, at least from my point of view, went a lil' something like this:

1) recently started getting some comics on ebay again. have had bijou and robo on "watch list" for a few months and bought from robo 2 times.

2) noticed that bijou was shady, botched the search function by not clearing out the date range so i started a new thread, not knowing there were plenty already.

3) not having seen any specific examples, but having seen robo mentioned along the same lines as bijou, mentioned that what i had gotten from him seemed to be legit.

4) board goes ape, calls me a insufficiently_thoughtful_person,shill,noob, and supporter of child-rapist.

5) i go "uh, ok. so i get that a LOT of people have had trouble with robo in the past, but his postings and feedback look legit. are you sure he hasn't changed his ways?"

6) more rage

7) i finally decide "fine, if this guy has ripped off people badly enough to make them act like @$$es to a board newbie, i guess it's better to not do business with him"

so that's where we are now. got it?

a crook when it comes to comics graded 9.0+, sure. i've only won 3 auctions from him, average grade of the comics 7.0-8.0, and i don't see any evidence that they've been altered. i can see not buying from him on principal, but sometimes it's nice to get some cheap comics.

You didn't just mention that he seemed legit - you said that it's nice to get cheap comics - insinuating that you didn't care whether or not he was legit, as long as you got cheap comics.

Do a search for threads on robo - there are several boardies that have donated time and money to stop his illegal activities (not just comic-related ones). I'm telling you, your best move here is to back down and hope it blows over. As someone whose first new thread was about what kind of scanner to buy, I can tell you from experience that people here can be forgiving. lol