• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richard Rae & The curious case of the Mike Royer light-boxed artworks . . .

694 posts in this topic

For what it is worth, much of this thread would be gone if you simply labeled items that are inked over blue lines as such.

To be specific, "Royer inks over Kirby blue line" is a much more accurate description than "Kirby/Royer original art."

Would you consider changing your labeling going forward? If not, why not given that the alternate description is unambiguous?

For what it is worth, much of this thread would be gone if you simply labeled items that are inked over blue lines as such.

To be specific, "Royer inks over Kirby blue line" is a much more accurate description than "Kirby/Royer original art."

Would you consider changing your labeling going forward? If not, why not given that the alternate description is unambiguous?

Given all of the information in this thread proper disclosure and honest dealing

is not Mr Rae's goal.

His flimsy defense is that he IS labeling it correctly and if you take offense to it you're a "blue-blood" collector (?).

What Richard needs is to understand that no serious collector labels art as he does. It's misleading at best and fraudulent at worst. If he changed his ways, stopped this practice altogether, paid everyone back whom he owes, and dropped out of sight for a while then after some time he might get some respect back.

I hope he reads, understands, and stops posting anything other than an apology. After all, a valuable argument could be made that he is selling and trading forgeries, internationally no less. If i was him more than anything I'd be worried about the legal ramifications of what I was up to.

I don't understand this 16 page and counting thread.

The guy is a crook. C-R-O-O-K.

What's with some folks thinking maybe he's stuck in semantics?

Someone asked if he would 'consider changing his labeling going forward?'

HELLO! THis guy's goal isn't to be clear(er)-- he's out to confuse people and sell low end Royer recreations as Kirby art.

It's like recording me singing over a Beatles record and saying its a collaboration. It isn't.

He knows what he's doing. Why are we still engaging him? He's a scam artist.

:popcorn: If Rich Buckler says that this guy Richard Rae comissioned him to do some art and NEVER paid for it ...... then one of them is lying.

Thing is, I havn't seen Rae call Buckler a liar .

Question for Mr. Rae.

Did you pay Mr. Buckler for the artwork you comissioned and recieved ?

He says you didn't...

I don't want to hear any round Johns barn sh*t ..... just give us a YES or a NO

Ok.... now you can add in all the other people who are saying they have not been honestly dealt with by Mr. Rae. Thats called " a body of evidence" I believe. :popcorn:

:popcorn: If Rich Buckler says that this guy Richard Rae comissioned him to do some art and NEVER paid for it ...... then one of them is lying.

Question for Mr. Rae.

He says you didn't...

Ok.... now you can add in all the other people who are saying they have not been honestly dealt with by Mr. Rae. Thats called " a body of evidence" I believe. :popcorn:

I believe Rae's already offered up the standard Brindividual_without_enough_empathy boilerplate of "a solution's being worked out" or something along those lines. In other words, I already spent the loot on hookers 'n' blow. :)

Question for Mr. Rae.

He says you didn't...

I believe Rae's already offered up the standard Brindividual_without_enough_empathy boilerplate of "a solution's being worked out" or something along those lines. In other words, I already spent the loot on hookers 'n' blow. :)

smoke and mirrors b sh*t is what I read in everything he's written so far

Well I made you an offer and I'm a crook?...people make me offers all the time and I can say yes or no...in fact I think you said no to my offer...no big deal...all I'm sorry for is simply asking (and clearly that's a crime)...

Dickie, I would ask you questions, but....ahh... im too..ahhh... fat to type... :sumo:

1) You are a and a crook..oh and you cannot type worth shet.<< That is not tongue-and-cheek.

2) You have yet to answer the board's questions. All you can do is deflect which goes to show you are a lier and a thief. Aside from the fact you have scammed multiple people and sell "Kirby/Roy originals".

3) No one believes your excuses. And I think you maybe delusional.

Horrible story- I just had a recent close call with an expensive forgery myself.

On a related note- I could be way off on this one, but the splash to JLA 22 is on ebay, with no claims of restoration/recreated stats or the like.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180639828010

The interesting thing is that, in my recent search for a restoration expert, I saw this very splash on a resto website, where the expert tells how he recreated the missing stat at the top

http://www.agraphicstateofmind.com/restoration/jla_22.html

Maybe it's not a big deal (I'm still a little shell shocked at how close I came to being taken on that forgery)

One big red flag seller is from France.

Horrible story- I just had a recent close call with an expensive forgery myself.

On a related note- I could be way off on this one, but the splash to JLA 22 is on ebay, with no claims of restoration/recreated stats or the like.

The interesting thing is that, in my recent search for a restoration expert, I saw this very splash on a resto website, where the expert tells how he recreated the missing stat at the top

Maybe it's not a big deal (I'm still a little shell shocked at how close I came to being taken on that forgery)

Could you be more specific ?? I think Bill excused himself for this post or maybe my memory fails me .? Have you been crooked by a french seller ??

Could you be more specific ?? I think Bill excused himself for this post or maybe my memory fails me .? Have you been crooked by a french seller ??

Haven't we all?

He sent me a private mail, yesterday, hinting at possible legal action against me and requesting my telephone number - so we could talk, 'man to man'.

I've been pretty outspoken about a couple of criminals in my hobby (see links in my sig) and they often talk a good game. However, when it comes to legal actions, criminals tend to avoid court rooms at all costs. I wouldn't sweat his threats, they are hollow.

Standup job on exposing this scumbag thief. (thumbs u

He sent me a private mail, yesterday, hinting at possible legal action against me and requesting my telephone number - so we could talk, 'man to man'.

I've been pretty outspoken about a couple of criminals in my hobby (see links in my sig) and they often talk a good game. However, when it comes to legal actions, criminals tend to avoid court rooms at all costs. I wouldn't sweat his threats, they are hollow.

That's true, I would love to see him "take control" in a court of law. After trying it he'd have his hands full trying to "take control" of his nether regions in lockup for contempt of court.

Even more on the balance sheet in favor of Terry NOT worrying is the fact that Dickiedoo is in Australia and Terry is in the UK. I would love to see the jurisdictional hoops one would have to jump through on that one. Terry could go on trial at the Hague right next to Milosevic.

lol

oh and ....still...."waiting"

That's true, I would love to see him "take control" in a court of law. After trying it he'd have his hands full trying to "take control" of his nether regions in lockup for contempt of court.

Even more on the balance sheet in favor of Terry NOT worrying is the fact that Dickiedoo is in Australia and Terry is in the UK. I would love to see the jurisdictional hoops one would have to jump through on that one. Terry could go on trial at the Hague right next to Milosevic.

lol

oh and ....still...."waiting"

:roflmao: