• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post a book nobody else on this forum owns....

298 posts in this topic

Here's another with a brief description I borrowed (estimated at about 10-15 copies existing) :

It was a comic done as a fundraiser for the Boston Symphony Orchestra in 1978, it was fully-licensed by Marvel and DC and featured Superman, Batman, Robin, Wonder Woman, Spider-Man, Captain America, the Sub-Mariner and the Human Torch coming together to save the BSO from an evil genius who'd kidnapped them.

It was published in a print run of 250, sold for $10 a pop at that year's Boston Pops opening concert, and all copies not sold that night were destroyed, as part of the agreement with Marvel and DC.

It was written by a teen-aged Kurt Busiek, laid out by his pal Scott McCloud, drawn by Scott's neighbour Christopher Bing, who has gone on the be a Caldecott Medal winning children's book illustrator, and lettered by Kurt's friend Richard Howell, now the editor of Claypool Comics.

PowBiffPops_Cover_Small.JPG

PowBiffPops_Page_Small.JPG

I found this book and the one I posted above within 6 months of each other.

I don't think Chuck is a forum member,,, so:

RedRaven1.jpg

cool book...I know billy parker and mr bedrock have a copy, but it is fairly scarce (thumbs u

I don't think Chuck is a forum member,,, so:

cool book...I know billy parker and mr bedrock have a copy, but it is fairly scarce (thumbs u

But do they have a copy missing a centerfold... :P

^^