• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2011

400 posts in this topic

Well, I'm not sure if you've ever been to WWC, but the panel programming was already away from the main entrance and will do nothing to open up the floor. It is good to hear that you have more space and are not afraid to use it. Sounds like a step in the right direction. (thumbs u

Anyone have a comparison of Motor City vs. WW Chicago Saturdays? I'm sure Chicago is busier but by how much?

How early should we get there to get in for Saturday's show in August?

I haven't been to Motor City, but I can compare WW Chicago to San Diego.

Saturday was busy last year at WW Chicago, but nothing like how it is at San Diego. I had no problems getting around. To save time, I never try to eat or go to an ATM at the conventional hall -- it's much faster to go across the street to a hotel, where there's often no lines.

Last year was the first time I'd gone to Chicago, and to me there's no comparison. If your goal is to buy comics, Chicago is much better than San Diego. I was there Thursday-Saturday, and that wasn't enough time to thoroughly explore all the comic vendors.

Hey Folks,

We hope you all will join us at Chicago Comic Con 2011.

Are you planning on getting a discounted hotel block? Last year I made a reservation through your website at the Hyatt for a discounted rate. I just tried and now your website just links me to a generic hotel page.

Thanks

Wizard Chicago is a mix of $3 to hi-end GA, SA comics. Lots of artists, inkers and variety of smaller dealers too with pulps and action figures, etc. Everything including the Iron Sheik! :golfclap:

The great thing about the Rosemont show is that most of the hotels are within a few minutes walking distance (and even closer if you stay at the host Hyatt hotel) unlike places like NYC where everything is a cab drive away.

It's not too difficult to just walk to your room to drop stuff off or get a bite to eat outside the con floor at one of the surrounding hotels or restaurants.

(thumbs u