• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post the Nicest book(s) you own nobody else care?

437 posts in this topic

058_zpsec86992a.jpg

Book consists of all puzzles and games as I recall. I bought it back in 1986 and kept it raw for more than 20 years. It's the second-highest graded copy with terrific PQ. My wife wanted me to slab it as it's her favorite book in my collection and she wanted to protect the book from damage. It's such a super-cool book!!

First one I can ever recall seeing. Great book.

The consensus on this book is building. :cloud9: It's a very neat book even if it doesn't have any comic stories. Just for fun I googled "1956 Davy Crockett Craze", and found there is/was a site "Davy Crockett Craze Home Page". It is currently a mirrored site kept "alive" by Geo Cities Archive. But I digress, what a fantastic book with the Crockett face clock cover. :headbang:

058_zpsec86992a.jpg

Book consists of all puzzles and games as I recall. I bought it back in 1986 and kept it raw for more than 20 years. It's the second-highest graded copy with terrific PQ. My wife wanted me to slab it as it's her favorite book in my collection and she wanted to protect the book from damage. It's such a super-cool book!!

I know this probably carries over into Bronze, but this is the only graded copy. :(

ComicScans115.jpg

Man, I'd go for either of those two in a big way!

(thumbs u

And a cheap priced pedigree :D what all collectors love to be surprised with

Puzzling that the seller didn't notice or couldn't be bothered to mention it in the listing. It was just possible to make it out on the photo he posted.

Also picked up this from him. Tarzan is another series that doesn't get much love these days.

4686d9e9-7d31-4877-95b4-d36612908f8a_zpsca3731b8.jpg

seller was thinking price wise no different pedigree or not.

Most my pedigrees were bought off dealers and their prices were the same as a non pedigree. so I buy the pedigree

Nice Tarzan photo cover , and a high grade too (thumbs u

low grade photo covers I think are the worse hm

love the hats on the cover

looks like guy has a yellow motorbike helmet on

not the best protection in a war zone

but better then a beret (thumbs u

Or a red little league batting helmet!

Loved this irregularly published series as a kid. Happy to pick up this copy cheap. Seller didn't note that it was the Bethlehem copy.

8585a413-b6db-44cc-a721-71e931512379_zps6ad14ed8.jpg

Great score! I've admired the painted covers to that run ever since I was a kid.

Here are scans of some of mine:

11-09-2011105931PM.jpg

11-09-2011105940PM.jpg

11-09-2011105944PM.jpg

11-09-2011105959PM.jpg

:cool: