• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I come home from Easter Dinner to this

119 posts in this topic

He also bought a Biitch Slap DVD (Unrated version) and a New Jersey Devils hockey jersey. That just tells me he's not right in the head.

They guy doesn't buy anything - 5 comics for $10 in the past three months and a few Ice Trucker DVDs.

Irritating to deal with and of all the people he decided to single out on eBay, I don't know why he decided you stand out as worth of an Easter diatribe. But him on your blocked bidders list and just assume he is bitter that a 7-year-old found all the good eggs and left none for him today.

Not to mention that if you read that post/link it looks as if he collects spiders... ewww

Wow, that sounds girlish :shy:

Bob's got the goods and that just makes some envious (thumbs u

He also bought a Biitch Slap DVD (Unrated version) and a New Jersey Devils hockey jersey. That just tells me he's not right in the head.

They guy doesn't buy anything - 5 comics for $10 in the past three months and a few Ice Trucker DVDs.

Irritating to deal with and of all the people he decided to single out on eBay, I don't know why he decided you stand out as worth of an Easter diatribe. But him on your blocked bidders list and just assume he is bitter that a 7-year-old found all the good eggs and left none for him today.

Not to mention that if you read that post/link it looks as if he collects spiders... ewww

You are correct sir!!! :baiting:

You are correct sir!!! :baiting:

:acclaim:

Dear blazingbob,

I was just wondering where you get your prices from? Do you actually know the value of these books or is there a reason behind this price? I was looking for #94 and found this. Then I found many more for $3,000 less with the same (or up to 0.5 less rating) then yours. I even found a Signature Series #94 signed by Stan Lee with a 9.0 grade! That's only $1,200. http://cgi.ebay.com/x-men-94-cgc-9-0-ss-Stan-Lee-stan-lee-tribute-/180658004611?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a100e6283#ht_500wt_1156

So what's the deal with the price? To me you are nothing short of a disgrace too this hobby! Take that however you want. But until I see something being sold by you with an honest price, I will continue shopping elsewhere. I only wrote this because it is your company time and time again that's ONLY in this for the money!!! So how many issues do you REALLY sell at $5,000+ each? I could get X-Men #1 for that you know. And thank you for not giving a mess about the customer, but only yourselves.

- ratking216

It seems we keep having this discussion here. Dealers can charge what they want and buyers can decide if they want to do business with said dealer.

As far as his claims. He's obviously looking at the eBay search results for X-Men #94.

CGC 9.6 $5,750 (White) Blazing Bob

CGC 9.6 $5,350 (Off-W/W) Robojo

CGC 9.6 $3,650 (Off-W/W + bad miswrap) Gadzukes

CGC 9.4 $2,495 (White) Comic Mylars

CGC 9.4 $2,250 (White) rbtsoto

CGC 9.4 $2,000 (Off-W/W) JHV associates

CGC 9.4 $1,995 (Cream/Off-W) Comic Mylars

CGC 9.2 $1,400 (White) Blazing Bob (NOT on eBay, Bob's site)

CGC 9.2 $1,299 (Off-W/W) magellan

CGC 9.0 $1,199 (SS Stan Lee) sellingstuffcheap2you

The difference in price at each level is the page quality and miswrap eye appeal. Those things should command a higher price.

Bob, if his e-mail bothers you, the question you need to ask yourself is this:

Do White pages and centering justify a $2,100 price increase? (shrug)

I'm not in the market for this book, so the answer very well could be..."Yes! Of course it does. It's really tough to find with white pages."

Heyyyy I got one of those emails from this guy about a month or so ago, he didn't like my price either but I had a real fun time responding :)

Sooo when is the mighty Bob Storms going to respond to him? I think it would fit nicely in your rant column :devil:

:popcorn:

sounds like ratking should stop buying comics and throw some money at a woman of the night, might help him get some of that stress cleared out.

what a schmuck. nice job parenting there, mr and mrs ratking. raised yourselves a real winner

Heyyyy I got one of those emails from this guy about a month or so ago, he didn't like my price either but I had a real fun time responding :)

Sooo when is the mighty Bob Storms going to respond to him? I think it would fit nicely in your rant column :devil:

:popcorn:

got to ask how did the back and forth go, i know most can have alot of fun dealing with insufficiently_thoughtful_persons :devil:

lol didn't know id10t was censered

sounds like ratking should stop buying comics and throw some money at a woman of the night, might help him get some of that stress cleared out.

what a schmuck. nice job parenting there, mr and mrs ratking. raised yourselves a real winner

It's not always the parents fault.

Dear blazingbob,

I was just wondering where you get your prices from? Do you actually know the value of these books or is there a reason behind this price? I was looking for #94 and found this. Then I found many more for $3,000 less with the same (or up to 0.5 less rating) then yours. I even found a Signature Series #94 signed by Stan Lee with a 9.0 grade! That's only $1,200. http://cgi.ebay.com/x-men-94-cgc-9-0-ss-Stan-Lee-stan-lee-tribute-/180658004611?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a100e6283#ht_500wt_1156

So what's the deal with the price? To me you are nothing short of a disgrace too this hobby! Take that however you want. But until I see something being sold by you with an honest price, I will continue shopping elsewhere. I only wrote this because it is your company time and time again that's ONLY in this for the money!!! So how many issues do you REALLY sell at $5,000+ each? I could get X-Men #1 for that you know. And thank you for not giving a mess about the customer, but only yourselves.

- ratking216

Just be glad the E-mailer isn't pricing your books. :headbang:

Here's an E-mail I received a couple of months ago in reference to my offering a FN- Hulk 1 for $6000.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GPA is about $4500 on this book, the numbers don't lie. I can pay this- this is FMV in this deep recession. I can throw in an extra $100 and you don't have to pay listing fees and seller's commissions etc. If u want to sell this is the right price- if u want to get emotionally attached to books then u should keep it.

_-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you only receive 1 rough e-mail a month then you're selling too cheaply. :baiting:

More importantly.... what was for dinner?

lol, glad to see I'm not the only person getting these types of emails.

And to those posters questioning my pricing.

Let's just say I fell on the pricing knife and it was a tough book when I bought this 9.6.

This is what happens when you buy a book for a customer too tightly and they don't pay. It's called "I'm buried in the book" and eventually it will sell for a nice loss.