• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

May Featured Auction did you win or lose

256 posts in this topic

Anyone won anything yet?

Zilch.

Nada.

Zero.

Nyet.

Nothing.

Looks like my last C-link auction for a while is destined to be a stinker....my bids aren't just being outdone, they are being murderlized. :ohnoez:

I'm actually starting to look back at the November 2010 Featured auction as a low point in the last few years of this comic market. Some of the quality books that I obtained in that auction, at the prices I got them for, were absolute steals. Here we are, some seven months later, and the bidders are lighting the world on fire. Feels like 2009 all over again with some of these nutty prices.

In a nutshell.

Anyone won anything yet?

Zilch.

Nada.

Zero.

Nyet.

Nothing.

Looks like my last C-link auction for a while is destined to be a stinker....my bids aren't just being outdone, they are being murderlized. :ohnoez:

I'm actually starting to look back at the November 2010 Featured auction as a low point in the last few years of this comic market. Some of the quality books that I obtained in that auction, at the prices I got them for, were absolute steals. Here we are, some seven months later, and the bidders are lighting the world on fire. Feels like 2009 all over again with some of these nutty prices.

In a nutshell.

Naive question, but could buyers be factoring in a price bump from the Overstreet Price Guide due out at the end of July?

By November, the market has absorbed the new prices and :blahblah: ...

Or is the OSPG really largely irrelevant these days, and GPA is the heir apparent? I think I just answered my own question...

Unfortunately, in some grades, some issues are going years in between sales, and some sites don't report to the GPA (like Clink)...Well, if it were easy to determine values, that would make it harder to separate the varsity collectors, speculators/investors from the amateurs.

I hate warming the bench...

Anyone won anything yet?

Zilch.

Nada.

Zero.

Nyet.

Nothing.

In a nutshell.

Naive question, but could buyers be factoring in a price bump from the Overstreet Price Guide due out at the end of July?

By November, the market has absorbed the new prices and :blahblah: ...

Or is the OSPG really largely irrelevant these days, and GPA is the heir apparent? I think I just answered my own question...

Unfortunately, in some grades, some issues are going years in between sales, and some sites don't report to the GPA (like Clink)...Well, if it were easy to determine values, that would make it harder to separate the varsity collectors, speculators/investors from the amateurs.

I hate warming the bench...

The OSPG could remain relevant if Mr. Overstreet would listen to the comic book fanbase and adjust his price guide.

For example most of the pricing on the John Bryne X-men run in 9.2 is what the 9.6's go for.

Don't even get me started on most of the DC titles like Hawkman. :screwy:

2 small Avengers for me. Wanted a few others over the 23 but they were going for CRAZY strong prices! I was actually dumb enough to think i had a chance at the 9.6 #15 :blush: $3300?!? Must be a 9.8 press candidate (shrug)

I was really, REALLY stoked to get the Boston 9.4 29 though :cloud9:

av23.jpg

av29.jpg

Roy (vintagecomics) had the FF #4 9.6 listed on ebay before it moved to the CL auction....

I actually sold that book to a private buyer for what I thought was a really strong price. The buyer had it in the comic link auction within a couple of days of receiving it.

I'm happy with the sale I made. Interesting to see what it does at auction.

Let us know if he takes a bath or not. :wishluck::P

Roy (vintagecomics) had the FF #4 9.6 listed on ebay before it moved to the CL auction....

I actually sold that book to a private buyer for what I thought was a really strong price. The buyer had it in the comic link auction within a couple of days of receiving it.

I'm happy with the sale I made. Interesting to see what it does at auction.

Let us know if he takes a bath or not. :wishluck::P

You want to see a bath? Avengers 9 White Mountain sold for $6K in Feb 2009 and just ended tonight at $2K. I wonder if the consignor saw upgrade potential that didn't pan out or just got caught up in the Avengers frenzy of 2009. Either way, that is a brutal haircut to take.

So I imagine the buyer's doing the banana dance :banana:

The price paid is right about where the book "should" be, maybe a hair under, considering the Suscha News copy brough $2,600 a few months ago. The real anomoly is the 2009 purchase at $6k+.

James, your new Sig Line addition makes me sea sick. :sick:

How odd...it mostly just makes me thirsty. :blush:

Have at it, Jimmy-boy.

cowboy.jpg

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I've never bought on Comic Link before and I'm having a hard time finding information on shipping costs and other post auction fees. Can anyone tell me what to expect in terms of additional costs if I win an auction? Or just provide a link to a page that spells it out, terms and conditions was pretty vague.

James, your new Sig Line addition makes me sea sick. :sick:

How odd...it mostly just makes me thirsty. :blush:

Have at it, Jimmy-boy.

THAT...is not at all...what I had in mind. lol:sick: But your preference for transgendered cows is duly noted. hm