• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,909 posts in this topic

BTW, where's POV these days? Is he still battling his sickness? frown.gif

Seen him in the marketplace. confused-smiley-013.gif

cool, just haven't seem him in my casual thread reading. Glad he's around somewhere.

Me too. He's a swell guy just like you. thumbsup2.gif

aww... shucks.... shy.gif

It's hard to believe I've almost been here a year. And to think a post from Dan about a Ghosts book he outbid me on led me here... tongue.gif

BTW, where's POV these days? Is he still battling his sickness? frown.gif

Seen him in the marketplace. confused-smiley-013.gif

cool, just haven't seem him in my casual thread reading. Glad he's around somewhere.

Me too. He's a swell guy just like you. thumbsup2.gif

It's hard to believe I've almost been here a year. And to think a post from Dan about a Ghosts book he outbid me on led me here... tongue.gif

1 yr? I can't believe I've wasted 2 1/2 years here. [#@$%!!!] Christo_pull_hair.gif

Sterling, hey, I beat you here by three days. I was referred here by Burntboy when he told me in an e-mail that I could get advice here after being ripped off big time on an ASM #1. If I hadn't been ripped off, I may have never found this place. May even be worth that $1,500 loss. crazy.gif

Sterling, hey, I beat you here by three days. I was referred here by Burntboy when he told me in an e-mail that I could get advice here after being ripped off big time on an ASM #1. If I hadn't been ripped off, I may have never found this place. May even be worth that $1,500 loss. crazy.gif

I recall that thread. I remember giving you a warm BOC welcome. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I recall that thread. I remember giving you a warm BOC welcome. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif
I remembered that you wanted to reserve judgement until you heard the seller's side! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I remembered that you wanted to reserve judgement until you heard the seller's side! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm in shock you actually posted some words. foreheadslap.gif

I'm in shock you actually posted some words. foreheadslap.gif

I was waiting for the appropriate time to do it! poke2.gif

You are correct Gregory, I did wait. And then I heard the seller's BS words over and over again dozens of times. My side was right, his was wrong, but I at least reserved judgment until after he spoke his many lies. Hard to be in the middle when a seller advertises an unrestored 7.0 and then you receive a restored 4.5. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You are correct Gregory, I did wait. And then I heard the seller's BS words over and over again dozens of times. My side was right, his was wrong, but I at least reserved judgment until after he spoke his many lies. Hard to be in the middle when a seller advertises an unrestored 7.0 and then you receive a restored 4.5. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You may have heard the seller's side but we never did. What's the difference between what you did and what others have done on the board? How do you know what the others who complain haven't heard the "BS" from the other side? It's ironic that we are supposed to know that you were "right" ONLY in your case! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif But, I'm sure your situation was WAY different. tongue.gif

P.S. Isn't it time to post in the shrukenhead thread stating that "bargainbox" needs to comment before we label him a deadbeat? confused-smiley-013.gif

You may have heard the seller's side but we never did. What's the difference between what you did and what others have done on the board? How do you know what the others who complain haven't heard the "BS" from the other side? It's ironic that we are supposed to know that you were "right" ONLY in your case! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif But, I'm sure your situation was WAY different. tongue.gif

P.S. Isn't it time to post in the shrukenhead thread stating that "bargainbox" needs to comment before we label him a deadbeat? confused-smiley-013.gif

Gregory, I never said there was any difference regarding what others have done on the board, and I see nothing wrong with what others do on the board. It is with the one-sided jury (all of us) that I sometimes have a problem with. I don't speak up as a "middle-man" on threads where it is obvious that somebody was ripped off. I speak up on some of the threads where it is NOT so obvious and where a difference of opinion can make a huge difference. When the facts by themselves are not enough. I stated my case on the boards here, way back when, and asked others for advice on how to handle the situation. This was not the case of a he said/he said different view of things. This was a case of outright fraud. Advertising one thing, and then delivering another. Quite different kind of case than customer service and shipping policies. Had this seller just been naive and unable to grade and/or notice obvious restoration, then he could have refunded me and all would be well. But this guy knew exactly what he was doing and purposely commited fraud in an Ebay listing. There is a big difference between fraud and the gray areas regarding shipping and handling policies.

I haven't read that other bargainbox thread yet. I also only get involved in a few threads here and there that stick out to me for some reason. I have no need or interest to add any input to every little problem that pops up. BUT, if I see the Lynch Mob getting ready to go out and hang somebody, over an instance where hearing the other side may very well make a difference (a gray area) then I am more prone to getting involved to try to mellow people out a little and try to get them to at least wait for the other side before stringing up the noose. If the other side is unavailable for comment, at least it is fair to think about what their side might be. Too many innocents have been hanged in the past, I hate to see it continue, but it does.

Gregory, I never said there was any difference regarding what others have done on the board, and I see nothing wrong with what others do on the board. It is with the one-sided jury (all of us) that I sometimes have a problem with. I don't speak up as a "middle-man" on threads where it is obvious that somebody was ripped off. I speak up on some of the threads where it is NOT so obvious and where a difference of opinion can make a huge difference. When the facts by themselves are not enough. I stated my case on the boards here, way back when, and asked others for advice on how to handle the situation. This was not the case of a he said/he said different view of things. This was a case of outright fraud. Advertising one thing, and then delivering another. Quite different kind of case than customer service and shipping policies. Had this seller just been naive and unable to grade and/or notice obvious restoration, then he could have refunded me and all would be well. But this guy knew exactly what he was doing and purposely commited fraud in an Ebay listing. There is a big difference between fraud and the gray areas regarding shipping and handling policies.

I haven't read that other bargainbox thread yet. I also only get involved in a few threads here and there that stick out to me for some reason. I have no need or interest to add any input to every little problem that pops up. BUT, if I see the Lynch Mob getting ready to go out and hang somebody, over an instance where hearing the other side may very well make a difference (a gray area) then I am more prone to getting involved to try to mellow people out a little and try to get them to at least wait for the other side before stringing up the noose. If the other side is unavailable for comment, at least it is fair to think about what their side might be. Too many innocents have been hanged in the past, I hate to see it continue, but it does.

So, one rule for you and one for everyone else? How do we know that it's a fraud? Was the seller convicted or charged? Wasn't it only YOUR opinion? Spin on Sid! I'm sure you'll respond to this but rational people already know the truth about your reasoning! You just had to respond to some innoculous comment that I made to BOC. I wonder why! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Make your closing comments because there's really nothing more I need to say!

So, one rule for you and one for everyone else? How do we know that it's a fraud? Was the seller convicted or charged? Wasn't it only YOUR opinion? Spin on Sid! I'm sure you'll respond to this but rational people already know the truth about your reasoning! You just had to respond to some innoculous comment that I made to BOC. I wonder why! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Make your closing comments because there's really nothing more I need to say!

popcorn.gif

Gregory, I'm just glad that you are speaking at all. This is much much better than just " 893scratchchin-thumb.gif".

I do have nothing more to say. My last statement said it all. I play by all the same rules. People are more than welcome to give me any other side of the story (to represent the other side) that they may want. I'd love to hear it, and I'd consider any reasonable argument for the other side. But just what could it be in a case like this? What excuse could a seller come up with in my situation? If you can think of a defense for a seller that describes a book as "unrestored and 7.0 or above" and then delivers a book that is a 4.5 PLOD (I told him it would grade out between 4.0 and 5.0 and was heavily restored as soon as I received it, then CGC confirmed it) then I'd love to hear it. There are some instances that are open and shut cases, this is certainly one of them. When I see them on the boards I usually do not respond as the guilt and innocence are obvious. Do you understand? If not, then I won't try any harder to help you understand as it seems pretty clear to me.