• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,909 posts in this topic

If he chooses to post how he spends his money on a public forum, then he is allowing himself to subject to criticism. If he was so sensitive about his money away, he should have re-thought his post. I didn't judge him for it, I just stated that it was a chunk of change. He obviously felt the same and got defensive about it.

And then you took a totally unecessary and irrelevant low blow to Sterling's family situation, of which I was totally unaware (and probably have should remained so). Sterling, you have my sympathies on the the death of your stepfather.

Truth be told, I've been none too happy about the tenor of the posts on this thread as of late. Seems like things are getting far too catty for my tastes, such as when I expressed my enthusiasm for my copy of Ghosts #1 only to have greggy try to take the pizz (well, I needed a reason to save money and not bid on his auctions anyway). As much as I love bronze horror, I think I'm probably checking out on this thread for a while anyway.

I didn't judge him for it, I just stated that it was a chunk of change.

Your judgement is implied in the statement.

He obviously felt the same and got defensive about it.

Not at all. I don't need tards like you talking down to me.

If he chooses to post how he spends his money on a public forum, then he is allowing himself to subject to criticism. If he was so sensitive about his money away, he should have re-thought his post. I didn't judge him for it, I just stated that it was a chunk of change. He obviously felt the same and got defensive about it.

And then you took a totally unecessary and irrelevant low blow to Sterling's family situation, of which I was totally unaware (and probably have should remained so). Sterling, you have my sympathies on the the death of your stepfather.

Truth be told, I've been none too happy about the tenor of the posts on this thread as of late. Seems like things are getting far too catty for my tastes, such as when I expressed my enthusiasm for my copy of Ghosts #1 only to have greggy try to take the pizz (well, I needed a reason to save money and not bid on his auctions anyway). As much as I love bronze horror, I think I'm probably checking out on this thread for a while anyway.

See ya thin-skin. hi.gif

Actually, I did mention my situation on the main boards some months ago. Some replys, pretty quiet. But deathlok apparently has time on his hands to question my morals and integrity by actively tracking my activity. screwy.gif

27_laughing.gif

Just because I read the threads and remember your story I am actively tracking you? Or perhaps you are refering to the times when I was tracking auctions on Ebay and happened to notice that you won a couple of the items when you said on the boards you were trying to raise money for your family.

It calls into question your integrity, since you obviously say one thing and then do the opposite. Which is fine if that is the way you want to lead your life, but don't attempt to act self-rightous about it.

I didn't judge him for it, I just stated that it was a chunk of change.

Your judgement is implied in the statement.

He obviously felt the same and got defensive about it.

Not at all. I don't need tards like you talking down to me.

Name-calling now huh? How pathetic that you can't even defend your opinions without resorting to grade school tactics.

I can hardly wait to hear what other gem of insight you will come with when you relpy to this post. popcorn.gif

OK, so what were we saying? Oh yeah, we were talking about WWT books with MJ inserts with and without the star stamps. I just looked at where I got my WWT insert books and I bought them all from RTS Unlimited at the San Diego con. All were fairly priced and graded. Sterling, I think the HoM #250 that I sold you was from these guys (the others from MH). From what I remember they had it graded at VF/NM but it looks like it didn't pass your pre-screen at 9.0 so maybe they were a little off on that one, if it was the same one you sent in. If it is, check for the insert. Anyway, below is one of my raw WWT with the MJ insert but without the star stamp. I also bought this one from RTS.

667155-WWMJ.jpg

667155-WWMJ.jpg.eab82abc06d09e6ac865b57d0d054518.jpg

I'll look at the books and let you know. The HoM 235 I thought was at least a 9.2. The 250 was probably overgraded as it leans towards 8.5, but the others were strong 9.x books. I love that WWT cover. Someone posted one of the stories within that issue a while back, and I went back to one of my reader copies to read the entire issue.

In fact, I've been spending a lot of time catching up on stories I missed in that series. Good stuff!

Speaking of noise, have any of you seen the trailer for "White Noise"? It looks like a good thriller/horror movie akin to the DC series Ghosts or the movie "Poltergeist".

http://movies.go.com/moviesdynamic/movies/movie?id=660030

There's a section on the official website on how to record an EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomena).

Speaking of noise, have any of you seen the trailer for "White Noise"? It looks like a good thriller/horror movie akin to the DC series Ghosts or the movie "Poltergeist".

There's a section on the official website on how to record an EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomena).

sign-offtopic.gif

I was wondering if anyone would mention this. If this movie falls anywhere between Sixth Sense & The Ring, then I'll be one happy movie-watcher!

Thanks for all the posts, Sterling, & please post some of your newly-graded books when you get 'em in! Can't wait to see 'em!

I was wondering if anyone would mention this. If this movie falls anywhere between Sixth Sense & The Ring, then I'll be one happy movie-watcher!

Thanks for all the posts, Sterling, & please post some of your newly-graded books when you get 'em in! Can't wait to see 'em!

The trailer creeps me out! I think I posted about this up in General a month or two ago... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The trailer creeps me out! I think I posted about this up in General a month or two ago... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

For Bronze horror movies, nothing beats the two classics, The Exorcist and The Omen. No sequals, just the originals thank you. I guess Jaws would also be considered a Bronze horror movie too.

I definitely missed that post, MK...in any case this movie looks very interesting.

I'll post some of the better books when they get it, and I'll be wrapped for this year...