• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have the best wife EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

75 posts in this topic

I have to share this.

We had a party today to celebrate my daughters birthday (which was last week), my birthday (which is Tuesday), and Fathers Day. The whole family came over and yadda yadda yadda.

When it came time for gifts, my wife gave me a small jewelry box. It was wrapped in black wrapping paper with silver Superman logos on it. When I opened it, it was filled with Scrabble letter tiles.

She told me the letters spelled my gift and I would have to figure it out. I immediately was able to make the word COMIC. But there was no G to make gift certificate. No V to make the word convention, which came to mind since Wizard World Philly is next weekend.

After staring at the letters for awhile, (along with everyone else) I saw it. I immediately said NO WAY! Are you kidding?!? :o:o:o:o:o:o

The letters spelled SAN DIEGO COMIC CON.

She then whipped out airline tickets, hotel reservations, and the printouts for passes to Thursday, Friday and Sunday. (Sat sold out.)

She went through all the drama of getting tickets. Through all the site crashes, restarts of sales, etc... She got me into the Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley Hotel which is suppose to have transportation to the con.

So, I'm going to my 1st ever San Diego Comic Con next month.

Still processes this.... :cloud9:

Any tips for a 1st timer?????

No matter what you have read, seen or been told, YOU ARE NOT READY!

Comfortable shoes are a must. Bring high protein snacks PB sandwiches are good as well as granola bars. I had a banana and a danish on the ride in every morning to offset the inevitable leg cramps. Take the time to shower and put on deodorant and bring me some cool stuff.

Let me know if you need anymore advice!

be prepared for stressfullawesomeness all at the same time lol sdcc is worth checking out at least once lol:) Cool gift & neat way of making you figure out what it was

You should (worship) your wife for the rest of your days. Sounds like a keeper to me!

+1 She's definitely a keeper!

She's put up with my comic collecting for a long time. We've been married for 11 years, and were together for 5 years before that.

My tip is to start planning her birthday and the next few holidays now. You got some catching up to do lol

Yup.... looks like diamonds will only be the tip of ICEberg for her next b-day gift! ;)

My tip is to start planning her birthday and the next few holidays now. You got some catching up to do lol

lol That's so true!

I made a joke that I was secretly planning a trip to Paris next year.

lol That's so true!

I made a joke that I was secretly planning a trip to Paris next year.

Now your on the hook for Paris,great woman you have there. :cloud9:

Enjoy San Diego,it's a total geekgasm. (thumbs u

No matter what you have read, seen or been told, YOU ARE NOT READY!

Comfortable shoes are a must. Bring high protein snacks PB sandwiches are good as well as granola bars. I had a banana and a danish on the ride in every morning to offset the inevitable leg cramps. Take the time to shower and put on deodorant and bring me some cool stuff.

Let me know if you need anymore advice!

Bottled water, loose fitting clothes and put your wallet/cash in your front pocket.