• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic book dealer...crappy attitude

153 posts in this topic

I have known Vincent at Metropolis for many years, and when we have conducted business, he has always been forthright and upfront. I have always found him to reasonable and fair, and I can not imagine him being discourtesous to any one who is respectful to him. Of course I respect anyone's right to express themselves in a proper manner, it just seems to me, as I have witnessed over the years, that many are envious of the position they have attained in the business, of course this may not be the case here, i am not suggesting it is. I am just saddened to see him so often crictized, of many instances I know personally, are slanderous.--joe serpico

Welcome to the boards, and I hope you will participate beyond this thread. thumbsup2.gif

Any plans on resurrecting your site, and listing some sweet NA Batman books? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I have known Vincent at Metropolis for many years, and when we have conducted business, he has always been forthright and upfront. I have always found him to reasonable and fair, and I can not imagine him being discourtesous to any one who is respectful to him. Of course I respect anyone's right to express themselves in a proper manner, it just seems to me, as I have witnessed over the years, that many are envious of the position they have attained in the business, of course this may not be the case here, i am not suggesting it is. I am just saddened to see him so often crictized, of many instances I know personally, are slanderous.--joe serpico

shocked.gif

You got one sweet collection man. gossip.gif

I can't believe it took this to get JOe to post on here shocked.gif

shocked.gif

You got one sweet collection man. gossip.gif

I can't believe it took this to get JOe to post on here shocked.gif

I'd trade Ian for Joe any day. thumbsup2.gif

Now let's talk about something nice, like

broccoli.jpg

Can we talk about creamed corn instead? I don't like broccoli.

Speaking of creamed corn, Bob's Steak and Chop House (where we had the CGC forum dinner at WonderCon this year) has the best creamed corn I've ever tasted. As the Hawaiians say, "Broke da mouth!"

Dam...this doesn't surprise me..I have learned from these "downright lies at worst" that you're doing some promotion work for Metro. Still have an unbiased opinion on Metro? makepoint.gif

It is no secret that I am indeed doing the advertizing for the Comic Zone. This has been included in nearly all of the recent email blasts that Metro sends to their customers.

I can tell you this - I would not be affiliated with anyone who I do not trust and who I do not respect. Vincent is a professional and knows his books. As such I have been a buyer, a seller and a consignor all BEFORE I accepted my current responsibilities for the Comic Zone. I have a BIASED view of Metro from all of my positive experiences.

Furthermore, as I have and will readily admit, I know ALL of Metro's staff well and find this alleged mistreatment by Ed completely out of character. If Metro were my company, I too would have sent you a pm asking you to stop spreading your libel as Vincent did. The boards here really do attract thousands of serious comic buyers who have already or would eventually consider buying a book from Metro. Your unfounded and unwarranted testimonials really do damage Metropolis and Vincent's personal reputation.

I do have faith in the comic fans out there to realize that Vincent is a trustworthy, honorable, comic fanatic who does treat all customers, whether it be the $10 or $10K, professionally and in a courteous manner.

DAM

Dam...this doesn't surprise me..I have learned from these "downright lies at worst" that you're doing some promotion work for Metro. Still have an unbiased opinion on Metro? makepoint.gif

I do have faith in the comic fans out there to realize that Vincent is a trustworthy, honorable, comic fanatic who does treat all customers, whether it be the $10 or $10K, professionally and in a courteous manner.

DAM

A quick personal story about the kind of guy Vincent is. I met Vincent for the first time at WonderCon, while he was talking to Supapimp. I told Vincent that I was looking for a particular book (not a cheap book, but hardly a mega-expensive book either). He took off like a high school track star, running over to another dealer's booth to get a copy for me to look at. It wasn't even his book. He just wanted to help me find a book that I wanted (me, a guy he had just met), and he wouldn't have even made a commission on the sale because the book wasn't his. While he was showing it to me, he took it out of the mylar and checked it for restoration and gave me his overall opinion on the book. I consider that to be pretty good customer service.

confused-smiley-013.gif

Now that we have had the airing of grievances, it is time for the Feats of Strength. Please, someone pin George's father so that Festivus can come to an end.

Now let's talk about something nice, like

broccoli.jpg

Can we talk about creamed corn instead? I don't like broccoli.

Speaking of creamed corn, Bob's Steak and Chop House (where we had the CGC forum dinner at WonderCon this year) has the best creamed corn I've ever tasted. As the Hawaiians say, "Broke da mouth!"

Corn Souffle with Creamed Onion Sauce

3 tablespoons unsalted butter

1 medium onion, finely chopped

3 ears fresh corn, kernels and liquid scraped from cobs

4 eggs

1 teaspoon cornstarch

1 cup heavy cream or evaporated milk

Salt and pepper to taste

Creamed Onion Sauce (see recipe below)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Adjust oven rack to center position. Lightly butter (or use non-fat vegetable spray) eight (6-ounce) custard cups and set them into a large baking dish.

In a large frying pan over medium heat, saute onion in butter until translucent. Add corn kernels and liquid; continue to saute until corn is soft. Remove from heat and let cool.

In a food processor or blender, process half the corn mixture with eggs, cornstarch, and cream or evaporated milk until smooth. Transfer processed corn mixture to a large bowl. Add salt, pepper, and remaining corn mixture; fold to blend mixture. Pour corn mixture into prepared custard cups.

Carefully pour warm water into the baking pan to come halfway cup the sides of the custard cups. Baked 30 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and immediately remove cups from water bath.

To serve, top warm souffle with warm Creamed Onion Sauce.

Makes 8 servings.

CREAMED ONION SAUCE:

1 tablespoon unsalted butter

1 medium onion, coarsely chopped

2/3 cup heavy cream or evaporated milk

Salt to taste

2 teaspoons soy sauce

Coarsely ground black pepper to taste

In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, saute onion in butter until golden brown. Add cream or evaporated milk and reduce by half. Season with salt, soy sauce, and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.

If Metro were my company, I too would have sent you a pm asking you to stop spreading your libel as Vincent did. The boards here really do attract thousands of serious comic buyers who have already or would eventually consider buying a book from Metro. Your unfounded and unwarranted testimonials really do damage Metropolis and Vincent's personal reputation.

DAM

I'm not posting untruths about them, so it isn't libel. I'm also not saying "Don't buy from Metro". I hope everyone buys from them, and has a great time doing so. My comments are completely founded in fact, like it or not dam60. I'm also happy you've got a great working relationship with them.

Also, so you're not a complete hypocrite, I fully expect you to chime in after any negative posts about online comic book dealers, or question the grades of books from EBAY sellers. Everyone that has a comment about Neatstuff, Showcase New England or Richie Muchin I'll expect you to reply similarly.

Now that we have had the airing of grievances, it is time for the Feats of Strength. Please, someone pin George's father so that Festivus can come to an end.

Easily, one of the funniest concepts I have ever seen on a sitcom. That show was pure genius.

You obviously haven't been to "Lady & Sons" in Savannah, Georgia..... 893scratchchin-thumb.giftongue.gifcloud9.gif

My affiliation is that I am a dealer also. Our business relationship would definitely change if you were posting my books on this forum with comments about how I graded it. To me that's not the right thing to do and our relationship would be affected.

Oh sure Bob, no one on here EVER posts a link to a major dealers book, especially those being sold on EBAY, asking others if they agree with the grading. You may feel that's not the right thing to do, and I appreciate that. I don't think it's wrong, given how "public" the dealer in question has decided to present himself.

I just hope no one ever decides to criticize Chuck R.'s grading or business policies! Can you imagine the public outcry here on these fine boards?!?! There would be rioting in the streets of CGCville that night, I assure you.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Also, so you're not a complete hypocrite, I fully expect you to chime in after any negative posts about online comic book dealers, or question the grades of books from EBAY sellers. Everyone that has a comment about Neatstuff, Showcase New England or Richie Muchin I'll expect you to reply similarly.

Sean, I have no problem throwing down with anyone provided that I have first hand knowledge of their business dealings. I have bought from Neatstuff and found their shipping slow (in fact still waiting on a book that I paid for literally 3 weeks ago) but have not had experience with SNE or Richie Muchin.

This forum is a great place for collectors to congregate and share their experiences. I have had great experiences with Metro and will leave it at that.

Signing off,

DAM

Sean, I have no problem throwing down with anyone provided that I have first hand knowledge of their business dealings. I have bought from Neatstuff and found their shipping slow (in fact still waiting on a book that I paid for literally 3 weeks ago) but have not had experience with SNE or Richie Muchin.

This forum is a great place for collectors to congregate and share their experiences. I have had great experiences with Metro and will leave it at that.

Signing off,

DAM

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I just hope no one ever decides to criticize Chuck R.'s grading or business policies! Can you imagine the public outcry here on these fine boards?!?! There would be rioting in the streets of CGCville that night, I assure you.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gifmakepoint.gif

So MK...how's the vaccum business going?