• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite Good Girl Covers...

420 posts in this topic

Looks like it may be the Okajima copy too!

West

Why do you think so, if you don't mind me asking. I'm not too familiar with pedigree comics. Is there something I should be looking for regarding this issue. From what I read in another post there should be a signature of some sort. There is only a marking on the top left corner ( in the "R") which looks like an F with 12 under that and 11 under the twelve. The top back cover has the date 12-17-51 written in pencil. Thanks.

Looks like it may be the Okajima copy too!

West

Why do you think so, if you don't mind me asking. I'm not too familiar with pedigree comics. Is there something I should be looking for regarding this issue. From what I read in another post there should be a signature of some sort. There is only a marking on the top left corner ( in the "R") which looks like an F with 12 under that and 11 under the twelve. The top back cover has the date 12-17-51 written in pencil. Thanks.

You've just described exactly what you would expect on an Okajima. It's unusual to have distribution mark and date on both the front and back so the mind goes to Okajima. Toss in the F and the typical hand-writing (I've seen hundreds so I know what it looks like) and you've got yourself an Okajima. (BTW, it should excellent cover colors and gloss and nice pages.)

Also, the Okajima signature is uncommon.

Nice pickup thumbsup2.gif