• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Annual San Diego Party at RareHighGrade's

114 posts in this topic

This is always one of my favorite threads (despite the shaky start this year)

I'm still wondering who the heck watson_pritchard is. hm

Just joined on 7/17 and complains that we haven't posted anything about an annual get together. hm

Just joined on 7/17 and complains that we haven't posted anything about an annual get together. hm

And why does he single me out in his original post? hm

I have started all the past threads and only you and I took pictures. :ohnoez:

Well guys, the rest of us arent complaining! Dont know what shaky start is referred to, unless they are saying they prefer photos of the actual con to a fellow boardie's back garden? Me, I dont even have a back garden! So thanks to you and David Merryweather for taking the time and trouble to post for the rest of us...

Ahem, however, so as to absolutely make sure straw man doesnt rip me a new one for majorly sucking up, I think I figured out the eligibility criteria for the garden party - it's the haircuts, right?

No wonder Merryweather couldnt get a pass!

I should have taken some pictures of Alan (pedigreeman) riding on the cooler in the back of the van. He really deserved better travel accommodations.

I should have taken some pictures of Alan (pedigreeman) riding on the cooler in the back of the van. He really deserved better travel accommodations.

Didn't you tell Zaid last year to ride on the roof? (shrug)

He did ride on the roof. Surfed the van all the way to Peter's guard shack. And he preached about law, the CIA and pressing to the other drivers at every stoplight. We finally turned the radio up to drown out the noise.

He did ride on the roof. Surfed the van all the way to Peter's guard shack. And he preached about law, the CIA and pressing to the other drivers at every stoplight. We finally turned the radio up to drown out the noise.

Would that I were so lucky to have gotten something other than the cold metal floor to ride on. As for Zaid, I don't believe it. There's no radio loud enough to drown him out.

but I called shotgun :cry:

Peter and Gator

I meant to ask when I saw that Learned Hand was at the gathering--did he try to pick a fight with everyone?

Seriously? Peter (LH) is one of the nicest people I've ever met.

Peter and Gator

I meant to ask when I saw that Learned Hand was at the gathering--did he try to pick a fight with everyone?

Not sure what led to that comment but he was an enjoyable dinner companion.

He had a fairly abrasive persona on the boards. Glad to hear he's not such a bad guy in person.

Peter is a great guy and is one of the smartest people I've ever met, but not an egomaniac. Whether he agrees with you or not, he listens and respects divergent opinions. I think you'd really like him in person. He comes out to SF every year for a construction law conference and usually stays at my place. He's one of my favorite "real life" boardies.

Well guys, the rest of us arent complaining! Dont know what shaky start is referred to, unless they are saying they prefer photos of the actual con to a fellow boardie's back garden?

I wan't complainin' :blush: I love this stuff!

And that back yard is so nice I'd look at pictures of it by itself. Check out the brick work on that arch. And the ceramic backsplash behind the grill!

As for the shaky start, go back and read the first page :gossip:

Well guys, the rest of us arent complaining! Dont know what shaky start is referred to, unless they are saying they prefer photos of the actual con to a fellow boardie's back garden?

And that back yard is so nice I'd look at pictures of it by itself. Check out the brick work on that arch. And the ceramic backsplash behind the grill!

There's even a waterfall and a slide. :cloud9:

And mermaids frolicking in the pool. :cloud9:

And mermaids frolicking in the pool. :cloud9:

I was totally indifferent to the various pedigree comics being handled, and didnt really understand why people were so disappointed not to be invited along - but if there is a waterfall and a slide and a mermaid - well, now I understand!

I was going to invite everyone to bring their swimsuits and make it a pool party, but then I remembered how harsh CGC is on water stains.