• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Threatening PM's.
3 3

767 posts in this topic

I really enjoy getting this kind of PM. "donna i'll put a bullet in your head" Really? At what point do the moderators review registration before accepting someone as a member here?

So did you get this PM out of the blue? If it is Harold Fuller, can you post a follow-up on everything that happened after the 2008 incident in which he tried to scam you for $4,000 (for a box that was supposed to contain Batman #1 but turned out to be empty) and you ended up getting your money back after alerting authorities? What else happened -- was he ever criminally charged?

I get a PM from him every time I point out one of his shill accounts. I'm not the only one that recieves threatening PM's or e-mails from this guy. In the past, they have not been quite as dramatic. They may say: "talk is cheap" or something related to how tough he is. These kind of PM's I can handle. When someone tells me they are going to put a bullet in my head, I get concerned. This is a sign of a severely troubled person. I am here because I collect comics, and enjoy the company of others here that share the same interest. I started this thread in hopes that the moderators would do a little screening before accepting new members. If a name, address and phone number were required fields in an application, this would help prevent this sort of thing from happening.

BTW, it was Phil VTcomics that purchased the Batman #1

Jack, Stu is not the person threatening, he even wished you happy birthday on your birthday thread.

Happy Birthday! You KNOW you get in trouble when you start posting so late...I love this site because most people don't care how much money you spend, or on what... that's not what it's about and I'm SURE they would ban the shills early on IF there was a simple way. I also know that they try to do that, I've spoken to them myself...The moderators work damned hard.

BTW, what are you doing on the PGX site, lol? I didn't even know there was one. :baiting:

Mike, you are one of the most pleasant and knowledgeable contributors here.

I agree that this "newly banned" knucklehead has a few issues that they need to work through.

I'd also venture that they are of a psychiatric nature.

I am sure you'll rise above it. (thumbs u <-- the good one, of course

All this is nothing... Let us not forget the time Hammer offered to fly a Greatly Distinguished and Now-Long Departed forumite to New York City, buy him a steak dinner, then murder him with his bare hands afterward.

I get a PM from him every time I point out one of his shill accounts. I'm not the only one that recieves threatening PM's or e-mails from this guy. In the past, they have not been quite as dramatic. They may say: "talk is cheap" or something related to how tough he is. These kind of PM's I can handle. When someone tells me they are going to put a bullet in my head, I get concerned. This is a sign of a severely troubled person. I am here because I collect comics, and enjoy the company of others here that share the same interest. I started this thread in hopes that the moderators would do a little screening before accepting new members. If a name, address and phone number were required fields in an application, this would help prevent this sort of thing from happening.

BTW, it was Phil VTcomics that purchased the Batman #1

Sorry, I got confused on the identity of the buyer of Batman #1. If you're reading this, Phil VTcomics, or if anybody else knows, I'd be interested in hearing the follow-up on this scam story. I would be surprised if this Harold Allen guy did not face criminal charges. By the way, in terms of pointing out his shill accounts, how do you figure out it's him?

I'm sorry to read that this happened. Mike. I really do hope appropriate measures are taken to not only help to stop this sort of thing, but to see that those who commit these offenses are dealt with properly by all means available.

I'm sorry to here about your recent problems as well Not*Sure*. Here's a video that I hope makes you (and Mike) feel better. :foryou:

I'm sorry to read that this happened. Mike. I really do hope appropriate measures are taken to not only help to stop this sort of thing, but to see that those who commit these offenses are dealt with properly by all means available.

I'm sorry to here about your recent problems as well Not*Sure*. Here's a video that I hope makes you (and Mike) feel better. :foryou:

Ouch! Why do I think Cheri is going to feel better than me? :kidaround::foryou:

Comicdonna, I'm sorry to hear you received threats.

I'm in Florida...if someone knows where this guy lives....PM me

I happen to know some police officers who are close friends.

So to get this straight, Cal, if there is a disagreement/conflict between two boarders...no matter if one of those boarders is clearly in the wrong or behaving inappropriately...the one with the bigger CGC collection/submissions should get a pass and the other party should get banned? (shrug)

[ If a name, address and phone number were required fields in an application, this would help prevent this sort of thing from happening.

FYI, a name and phone number are required fields on the application.

Sorry Stu, i'm a little slow at catching on sometimes. You would definately be an expert in this field. (worship)

the problem isn't the board software, the rules currently in place, or any other stupid thing.

the problem is that one sad, repressed, sociopathic, self-loathing, hamsterpenised dillhole can't seem to learn how to stay on his medication. all the other &$#* is Cal projecting himself and his issues onto this thread. at least he hasn't threatened to sue anyone in this one

the problem isn't the board software, the rules currently in place, or any other stupid thing.

the problem is that one sad, repressed, sociopathic, self-loathing, hamsterpenised dillhole can't seem to learn how to stay on his medication. all the other &$#* is Cal projecting himself and his issues onto this thread. at least he hasn't threatened to sue anyone in this one

He could put someone on his list hm

Yeah, it does look like the thread has been hijacked by somebody with an agenda.

Oh, wait a minute...

Ooooh I see "the list" in your future :eek:

Who cares about Cal's agenda here?

One of our forum brothers had his life threatened. To me, that should be the last straw of tolerating these shills on this forum. I'd gladly pay a fee to join this forum if it meant getting rid of the non stop drama these shills and fools make here every day.

Or is it that some here enjoy this nonsense? Would the forum be too mundane unless we have shills popping disrupting discussions or makin threats?

Edited by Mark 1

Or is it that some here enjoy this nonsense? Would the forum be too mundane unless we have shills popping disrupting discussions or makin threats?

Depends who's behind the shill. Some add character (see Stu, Bug) and others are tools (see everyone else)