• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Threatening PM's.
3 3

767 posts in this topic

Theres an old poker saying- There is a sucker at every table. If you are playing a half an hour and have not found the sucker, odds are it is you.

You've got to love it when one of the most destructive and devisive people in forum history lectures us about the problems of the forum.

I am now officially banning myself from this forum; exposure to this place is threatening the well-being of my meager, yet hard-earned reasoning skills.

Cal,

I think the fundamentals of your ideas are fine for reforming the boards by adding a second layer like requiring people be a member of the collectors' society or whatever.

However, long, rambling posts in the 3rd person are difficult because your style is a bit confrontational and aggressive. Sometimes it's better to scale back a little and be more concise in your thoughts.

Don't believe everyone is out to get you, they're not.

It's just the intensity level is too high...

I am now officially banning myself from this forum; exposure to this place is threatening the well-being of my meager, yet hard-earned reasoning skills.

So please don't go

Don't go

Don't go away

Please don't go

Don't go

I'm begging you to stay

If you leave

At least in my lifetime

I've had one dream come true

I was blessed to be loved

By someone as wonderful as you

So please don't go

Don't go

Don't go away

Please don't go

Don't go

I'm begging you to stay

If you leave

At least in my lifetime

I'll love you. (shrug)

I think this is what i see:

From what I can gather Cal has a lot of history with some people and he's trying to prevent what he has gone through from happening to others

Cal wanting respect brought to the boards by having experienced collectors and dealers paying their dues to eliminate disrespect towards CGC and the community at large.

Unfortunately, that's not the way the internet works. It's a wide net that catches all kinds of stuff in it.

That's the way the old world worked before GenX and Y got here.

Roy who thinks he understands Cal.

Cal, you're really not making friends here. If you want people on your side, take the high road.

how am I making enemies?

just tell me straight CAL

By being a d-bag

being what you describe as a d-bag is condoning the very implication you just made.

How is attempting to solve the Forums problem being a d-bag?

please take it further CAL

Cal, you've suggested you're being honest, but I'm not so certain. I think you've used this unfortunate opportunity with Mike to advance your own agenda, which has always been to make this place an Old Boys club with a membership of exclusive, well-to-do CGC sycophants who you consider would never give you personally a problem.

You are attempting to redesign the CGC boards to your own liking, with no regard for its overall health and well-being and no sympathy for those who would be left by the wayside.

Far from being community-minded, I would suggest. (shrug)

Cal, you're really not making friends here. If you want people on your side, take the high road.

how am I making enemies?

just tell me straight CAL

By being a d-bag

being what you describe as a d-bag is condoning the very implication you just made.

How is attempting to solve the Forums problem being a d-bag?

please take it further CAL

What if you are actually creating a second problem while doing nothing to solve the first? At what point do you think you have reached troll status? I know you think the amount of money we spend each month on comics and for how long we have been doing it is what matters, but I think you are alone on that. Other people here have a lot of money in their collections too, I don't see any of them belittling the rest of us for not having a years income stuffed in some longboxes. I don't see anybody else pointing out join dates as if it mattered. This is trolling. It may not be threatening, it may not be against the rules, but it is not the kind of behavior most people are receptive to. If you knew that then I think this is the very definition of trolling. If you didn't know that, now you do.

I respect your attempt but after reading your entire sequence of your posts just FOR THIS THREAD I don't get you. You are very inconsistent with your latest messages. You start off well, agreeing that comicdona should not be threatened, but seem to veer way off course with my posts, particularly the solving the troll problems.

1) I ALWAYS put my CAL sig line. That is not what a troll does. Prove to me what the definition of a troll is, I am not on your wave-length with this one for sure;

2) If you had been reading the posts carefully like I asked you to when you confused me w/ Not*Sure you would have seen that there ARE some people wo agreed at least in part, of my ideas. They have been here a lot longer than you, and thus understand what is at stake; longetivity in itself is not a factor UNTIL the understanding what has happened here a long time ago. I never said you were a lesser memberbecause you are somewhat a newbie; I ALWAYS welcome all newbies and the most of the veterans here know this and would never admit it;

3) I know what kind of behavior people are receptive to. Do not patronize me.

Cal wanting respect brought to the boards by having experienced collectors and dealers paying their dues to eliminate disrespect towards CGC and the community at large.

Why is there an assumed correlation between spending a few bucks, or the extent to which someone participates in the hobby, and sanity?

I could pay $500 and submit 100 books a year to CGC; how exactly does that ensure that I won't act like a d-bag to other people in this community?

The following opinion is intended with ALL DUE RESPECT.

I'd be willing to pay around $20 per year, but not much more than that. I'm not too sure about excluding folks that do not submit to CGC, though. Access to these boards can be the deciding factor for some that aren't sure they want their pride and joys slabbed.

Some people might be quite unhappy to pay hundreds of $$$ to join a forum only to pay perhaps hundreds of $$$ more to get their books slabbed, and then have to wait perhaps months for their books to even be viewed.

I, myself, understand that CGC is behind, and I understand the convention season is the main reason why, which is why I'm being [wryly] patient even though I'll unlikely attend any conventions anytime soon. But there would undoubtedly be some impatient people that would not tolerate waiting 3 months after paying for a 40 day turnaround [even with the disclaimer] because of conventions. These people may be even more offended that they would have to pay yet even more money in order receive quicker service, just to learn even that is not a guarentee of a timely turnaround [from what I've read from some members]. This may discourage them from using CGC's services again, which would certainly be within their right. Then they would be ticked off at the fact that they have paid hundreds of $$$ for a membership to a message board they will never use again.

I hope this post was relavent in some way.

I'm not sure exactly who made you the forum police, but you and your kind are exactly why some of us just lurk instead of post.

You just gave me an idea... maybe they will let ME be a moderator.

Wow! Things ARE looking up CAL

So please don't go

Don't go

Don't go away

Please don't go

Don't go

I'm begging you to stay

If you leave

At least in my lifetime

If I

Should stay

I would only be in your way

So I'll go

But I know

I'll think of you every step of

the way

And I...

Will always

Love you, oohh

Will always

Love you

You

My darling you

Mmm-mm

Bittersweet

Memories

That is all I'm taking with me

So good-bye

Please don't cry

We both know I'm not what you

You need

And I...

Will always love you

I...

Will always love you

You, ooh

Why is there an assumed correlation between spending a few bucks, or the extent to which someone participates in the hobby, and sanity?

I could pay $500 and submit 100 books a year to CGC; how exactly does that ensure that I won't act like a d-bag to other people in this community?

It does not insure against bad behavior. But I am betting my Aces Full that you would fall under the PROBABILITY of civil behavior. You would have something to lose, versus the trolls who rarely have anything to lose.

I stand behind my premise of the membership requirement, flawed or not.

CAL is actually trying to make the place better for everyone

I'm not sure exactly who made you the forum police, but you and your kind are exactly why some of us just lurk instead of post.

You just gave me an idea... maybe they will let ME be a moderator.

Wow! Things ARE looking up CAL

Sarcasm doesn't help your case at the moment... :shrug: