• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Threatening PM's.
3 3

767 posts in this topic

Yes, paying a fee would keep the nut-jobs away.

Of course it would.

Thanks!

I'm all for keeping those whohave no business here away for good.

CAL gathering momentum

He was being sarcastic, Cal.

And I agree with him...some of the most obnoxious/untrustworthy people in the hobby have a lot of money.

On the other hand, somebody like Liaton is just getting into the hobby, is still at school, but is an all-round good egg.

But he couldn't afford to join up.

We're throwing the baby out with the bath water here...and we still won't nail the psychos.

+1 (thumbs u

If it comes down to some exclusive club that you have to "splash the cash" to join then you can count me out...A discussion forum should be available to everyone not just those that can afford it.

Besides I don't want to be a member of any club that would have me as a member!

Cheers

PCC

You have not been a member a full 3 months but you post this?

All you are doing is giving me more reasons to get that proposal in sooner...

CAL 100% in motion

Cal, just what was wrong with what he posted?

Seriously...what did he say that was in any way offensive or wrong-minded? ???

Stop putting words and ill-intent with my posts, Nik.

I did NOT say that PCC offended me.

I question the validity of PCC - he has NO CLUE what has gone on here. How could he know? Please inform me, and maybe we all can learn from someone that has not been here to tell us what needs to be done???

Whereas YOU know what I have been talking about. You were on the ebay chat the same time I was.

Sorry, Nik. Does not pass the smell test.

CAL the guard dog

Of course it would.

Thanks!

CAL gathering momentum

And I agree with him...some of the most obnoxious/untrustworthy people in the hobby have a lot of money.

On the other hand, somebody like Liaton is just getting into the hobby, is still at school, but is an all-round good egg.

We're throwing the baby out with the bath water here...and we still won't nail the psychos.

+1 (thumbs u

If it comes down to some exclusive club that you have to "splash the cash" to join then you can count me out...A discussion forum should be available to everyone not just those that can afford it.

Cheers

PCC

CAL 100% in motion

This is where you are going to lose all your steam, Cal. I don't know PCC, but I have enjoyed his posts. He is a n00b, but he is a fun, relatively articulate n00b that loves him some comics. His opinion is just as valid (or invalid depending upon perspective) as yours mine and the man in the moon. No need to make more enemies; it seems you are all stocked up.

And this is from the CGCer who PMed me that told me he had "no stake" in any of my misfortune here - dod not know WHY I had those enemies - it was before his time here.

I must disagree in the entirety of your post and question your intent; if PCC opinion is equal to a veteran dealer, hobbyist, etc, then I guess anyone can get on here and declare themselves experienced enough to hold an equal station in profession, or whatever.

PCCis a person with his own general opinions, yes, and they are to be heard, but it is hard for me to hear from someone who has been here for 11 weeks. If you buy what he has to say about making this Forum better, then buy PCC. Don't buy CAL.

CAL not trying to make enemies - trying to get rid of them

Cal, you're really not making friends here. If you want people on your side, take the high road.

how am I making enemies?

just tell me straight CAL

This thread has kinda run dry of fun. :(

Oddly enough, I got lured into the pay forum discussion. Dice tried to kick this back on track. I must reevaluate my position based on the many fine posts here and say that charging for membership here would suck for some, work for others. This concludes all seriousness from me in this thread.

Oddly enough, I got lured into the pay forum discussion. Dice tried to kick this back on track. I must reevaluate my position based on the many fine posts here and say that charging for membership here would suck for some, work for others. This concludes all seriousness from me in this thread.

Go back into your hole, Royce. :slapfight:

Nice post.

I would liek to add that we ALL started somewhere. It was not spending 10K per month on eBay/Cons, it was working your way up to the stations of life we each occupy now.

Maybe someday PCC will have 300 GC'd IMSM's and overshadow my 155. Maybe Liaton-9000 will have 5 x the stock Metropolis has in 3 years. Those outcomesd would be great for them , and great for the hobby.

No one has yet to comment the losing of the ASM collector, Randall Bartlett. I think we all know why.. I am just trying to get those who have these other agendas to man-up and admit what they are on a public Forum. I always have stated mine, now everyone else can chime in.

the water is getting warmer CAL

Cal, you're really not making friends here. If you want people on your side, take the high road.

how am I making enemies?

By being a d-bag

being what you describe as a d-bag is condoning the very implication you just made.

How is attempting to solve the Forums problem being a d-bag?

please take it further CAL

Has anybody seen the movie Falling Down recently? That film gives me the creeps.

:eek: You give me the creeps.

You give the creeps the creeps. :eek:

I think the primary point is not really about the actual money as it is the additional accountability.

By tying someone's identity down you force them to think twice before they pull anything funny.

A credit card, a drivers license or social security number is neither a deterrence or a pre-crime tool.

Outside of the privacy issues relating to requesting these to confirm a persons identity, the absolute best you could hope for is forcing people to confirm registration via textback using a cellphone number tied to a specific person.

Free email addresses should also not be allowed because it's a breeding ground for unsavory types, and I've already explained in great detail in the past on these boards why I think they are a bad idea when transacting with a person.

So a unique 10-digit cellphone number which cannot later be re-used when they're banned and are jonesing to create a shill account or two is the best case scenario, because every other road leads to legal entanglements and liability headaches.

...and this was the entire point of the discussion...to come up with ideas.

The 10 digit cel phone idea is a good one.

hm

Has anybody seen the movie Falling Down recently? That film gives me the creeps.

I know a place in Chi-Town that sells "WHAMMY BURGERS". Lunch is on me. " Think about it". lol

DR.X

how am I making enemies?

You're not necessarily making enemies, but you're not making people very happy. Personally, it seems to me like you want a really big revolution, and you want to kick a bunch of us out with it. Whether you actually want us gone or not is irrelevant, but if you had your way, member numbers would drop to under 75. True, there are some very respectable board members on here who would love to stay, but they can't if you had it your way. Like someone said, there are other boards out there. ComicsPriceGuide, ComicBookRealm, CBR, CBCA, plus tons of local sites.

It seems like you don't want to recognize this fact, and I for one see this as being selfish. There are few people who's negative feelings towards noobs or "potential shills" rival yours. You can't expect people to be happy about that.

You have a good idea, but it might be better to think about the community as a whole and their concerns instead of just yourself.

I don't mean to offend you or anybody else by this little rant, but that is just the way I see this whole thing :foryou:

how am I making enemies?

By being a d-bag

being what you describe as a d-bag is condoning the very implication you just made.

What if you are actually creating a second problem while doing nothing to solve the first? At what point do you think you have reached troll status? I know you think the amount of money we spend each month on comics and for how long we have been doing it is what matters, but I think you are alone on that. Other people here have a lot of money in their collections too, I don't see any of them belittling the rest of us for not having a years income stuffed in some longboxes. I don't see anybody else pointing out join dates as if it mattered. This is trolling. It may not be threatening, it may not be against the rules, but it is not the kind of behavior most people are receptive to. If you knew that then I think this is the very definition of trolling. If you didn't know that, now you do.

Go back into your hole, Royce. :slapfight:

Come on over & hangout Royce. I'll order us up some wings & buy the beer. :)

Of course it would.

Thanks!

CAL gathering momentum

+1 (thumbs u

Cheers

PCC

CAL 100% in motion

This is where you are going to lose all your steam, Cal. I don't know PCC, but I have enjoyed his posts. He is a n00b, but he is a fun, relatively articulate n00b that loves him some comics. His opinion is just as valid (or invalid depending upon perspective) as yours mine and the man in the moon. No need to make more enemies; it seems you are all stocked up.

And this is from the CGCer who PMed me that told me he had "no stake" in any of my misfortune here - dod not know WHY I had those enemies - it was before his time here.

I must disagree in the entirety of your post and question your intent; if PCC opinion is equal to a veteran dealer, hobbyist, etc, then I guess anyone can get on here and declare themselves experienced enough to hold an equal station in profession, or whatever.

PCCis a person with his own general opinions, yes, and they are to be heard, but it is hard for me to hear from someone who has been here for 11 weeks. If you buy what he has to say about making this Forum better, then buy PCC. Don't buy CAL.

CAL not trying to make enemies - trying to get rid of them

You are coming off like a lunatic.

how am I making enemies?

By being a d-bag

I don't think your intentions are necessarily bad, but your rationale leads to a way of thinking which implies governance similar to a police-state.

As I mentioned in a PM to a boardie, membership on these boards can sometimes be a lot like trying to enjoy a festive occasion with family.

We tolerate the bad apples and unruliness here on the boards the same way we try not to let the awkward uncle wreck the occasion for us.

You could avoid calling them the following year, or mistakenly give them the address of the pesky neighbour, or you can just ignore them when they act like fools and enjoy the company of the rest of those in attendance, the food, cocktails and egg-nog.

Putting thought into anything more than avoidance at this juncture of what most would consider leisure message board participation and opinion sharing might mean a need for a break from this place. 2c