• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Threatening PM's.
3 3

767 posts in this topic

I have only been threatened on here once. It was in a super sweet thread that was funnier than hell and then got deleted. Leaving me only with the possibility of being jumped at WWChicago. It all worked out OK.

I'm fixing to sucker punch you in Chi-town. Watch out.

:shy:

I have only been threatened on here once. It was in a super sweet thread that was funnier than hell and then got deleted. Leaving me only with the possibility of being jumped at WWChicago. It all worked out OK.

& I'll be seeing you in Chicago in a couple days. :wishluck:

wow...with that avatar from Silver Surfer #4 splash page...

should I send some help out there???

CAL lol

& I'll be seeing you in Chicago in a couple days. :wishluck:

Just don't threaten me. greggy has done enough of that.

I think the primary point is not really about the actual money as it is the additional accountability.

By tying someone's identity down you force them to think twice before they pull anything funny.

What makes you think I've never been "insulted" lol...not only did I get PMs, I was the subject of one of Harold's newsletters? But, I don't get "riled" up about that junk, it would only feed him....While it certainly bothered me that day, I've forgotten it, I'm not upset about it at all.

You keep going back to a zillion years ago when you and Stu were battling on eBay and I defended Stu...that was a different situation...but it was a LONG time ago...

One of us was FOR CGC, the other was AGAINST CGC. Partake you did not forget who stood for what...

I can barely remember being annoyed last week, let alone 9 or 10 years ago. There is no point.

I hope you can relax a little, life is too short.

We all have misguided alliances in our lives at one time or another. I know you DO trade comics, I have even bought from you a few times. I know you do like the funny books. I just will always have a hard time defending others who could care less about funny books when the war is ABOUT FUNNY BOOKS. Quick analogy: The French Canadians who railed against the Provincial gov't of Canada - then they had an election for Independence, the Province of Quebec. Many who say they were against Ottawa all of a sudden defended Ottawa. They lost a lot, if not all, of their credibility.

If someone really understands the purpose of CGC, what they do, WHY the need for their resto check and other trick-detecting skills are even here in the first place, they would not have the need to defend someone who adamantly and publickly declared their demise. No, I am not going to forget what happened there, nor should I or anyone else, and yes, I resent some of them coming here. I would never chase abc then when the coast is clear, join abc's playgrounds.

Not a hypocrite CAL

You are talking about 9 years ago, when CGC was first starting? Yep, I had no use for CGC at that time, I collected low grade books and I liked(like) to look inside them. I didn't even know that a "restored" book was considered to be something that was bad at that time. I've learned a lot on these boards, I even own one or two of the highest grade books now...because I've mellowed, lol. Something you might consider...

One easier thing to consider to weed out shills is a waiting period...and no new people on weekends or holidays.

I'm fixing to sucker punch you in Chi-town. Watch out.

:shy:

It would need to be a sucker punch, sucka.

Yes, paying a fee would keep the nut-jobs away.

Of course it would.

Thanks!

I'm all for keeping those whohave no business here away for good.

CAL gathering momentum

He was being sarcastic, Cal.

And I agree with him...some of the most obnoxious/untrustworthy people in the hobby have a lot of money.

On the other hand, somebody like Liaton is just getting into the hobby, is still at school, but is an all-round good egg.

But he couldn't afford to join up.

We're throwing the baby out with the bath water here...and we still won't nail the psychos.

+1 (thumbs u

If it comes down to some exclusive club that you have to "splash the cash" to join then you can count me out...A discussion forum should be available to everyone not just those that can afford it.

Besides I don't want to be a member of any club that would have me as a member!

Cheers

PCC

Of course it would.

Thanks!

CAL gathering momentum

And I agree with him...some of the most obnoxious/untrustworthy people in the hobby have a lot of money.

On the other hand, somebody like Liaton is just getting into the hobby, is still at school, but is an all-round good egg.

We're throwing the baby out with the bath water here...and we still won't nail the psychos.

+1 (thumbs u

If it comes down to some exclusive club that you have to "splash the cash" to join then you can count me out...A discussion forum should be available to everyone not just those that can afford it.

Cheers

PCC

You have not been a member a full 3 months but you post this?

All you are doing is giving me more reasons to get that proposal in sooner...

CAL 100% in motion

I think we should all have to pass a breathalyzer before we log on.

is that why you were so confused by my earlier posts?

Have a Foster CAL

Of course it would.

Thanks!

CAL gathering momentum

+1 (thumbs u

Cheers

PCC

CAL 100% in motion

Cal, just what was wrong with what he posted?

Seriously...what did he say that was in any way offensive or wrong-minded? ???

I think the primary point is not really about the actual money as it is the additional accountability.

By tying someone's identity down you force them to think twice before they pull anything funny.

A credit card, a drivers license or social security number is neither a deterrence or a pre-crime tool.

Outside of the privacy issues relating to requesting these to confirm a persons identity, the absolute best you could hope for is forcing people to confirm registration via textback using a cellphone number tied to a specific person.

Free email addresses should also not be allowed because it's a breeding ground for unsavory types, and I've already explained in great detail in the past on these boards why I think they are a bad idea when transacting with a person.

So a unique 10-digit cellphone number which cannot later be re-used when they're banned and are jonesing to create a shill account or two is the best case scenario, because every other road leads to legal entanglements and liability headaches.

Of course it would.

Thanks!

CAL gathering momentum

+1 (thumbs u

Cheers

PCC

CAL 100% in motion

This is where you are going to lose all your steam, Cal. I don't know PCC, but I have enjoyed his posts. He is a n00b, but he is a fun, relatively articulate n00b that loves him some comics. His opinion is just as valid (or invalid depending upon perspective) as yours mine and the man in the moon. No need to make more enemies; it seems you are all stocked up.

Of course it would.

Thanks!

CAL gathering momentum

+1 (thumbs u

Cheers

PCC

CAL 100% in motion

I'm sorry I didn't know that because I'm a relative "newbie" that my thoughts and opinions are somehow worth less than yours...I stand corrected and suitably chastised.

All that you are doing is managing to alienate any boarder that hasn't been here since the get-go or that doesn't want or can't afford to pay a membership tax.

You keep equating cash to class if that makes you feel better. I'll actually invest my time in actually getting to know other board members!

Cheers

PCC

I think we should all have to pass a breathalyzer before we log on.

is that why you were so confused by my earlier posts?

Have a Foster CAL

I don't think I'll ever understand quite what you are trying to communicate :insane:

Of course it would.

Thanks!

CAL gathering momentum

+1 (thumbs u

Cheers

PCC

CAL 100% in motion

What does it matter how long he has been signed up? He has an opinion just like yours. I haven't been a member for too long either and I would hope my opinion would at least be considered.

I, for one, would also be out if a fee was implemented. I don't think charging a fee would accomplish what you think it would, Cal. Like someone else said, There are some major scammers with a ton of cash to throw around. A person that obviously has a screw loose, like Harold, is always going to have a screw loose and continue to do what he has always done.

I have learned WAY more than I thought I would in my short time on the boards. But, if a fee was implemented, I would have to walk away given my current situation.

Has anybody seen the movie Falling Down recently? That film gives me the creeps.

I love that movie. I pretty much love the 80's in every way. If it were socially acceptable for a 30 year old man in this decade to dress like one of the Lost Boys I would.

Or that dude with the kick white jacket from the Beat It video

Edited by dupont2005