• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Threatening PM's.
3 3

767 posts in this topic

Hey Cal, how about telling your friends, like Bartlett, to mannup and not let trolls deter them from being a part of something they would otherwise enjoy. Opposition, criticism, hate...all these things are present in all aspects of life. If you can't push past them, you won't get anything done.

Pain is inevitable, suffering and persecution are self-inflicted.

COI who knows what it really means to mannup.

Either way, something should be done to improve this community. Death threats just shouldn't be happening or tolerated in any way, shape or form.

Death threats are not characteristic of this community, so this community doesn't need any improvement on that basis.

Ok, the authority has spoken. Let's shut this thread down and delete it. No need to discuss anything else moving forward.

(said with tongue firmly in cheek). :gossip:

Just because they aren't posted in Comics General or made public on the forum doesn't mean other threats like this don't occur and occur more than you think.

I was once threatened to be beat up here. I didn't say anything about it because I was brand new and quite honestly...didn't know what to do. I put the user on ignore and they turned out to be a shill anyway that disappeared quickly. Don't think it doesn't pop in my mind when i'm walking on a dark street sometimes.

It's never fun to have a threat either in-person or written. It has a negative effect that could be paranoia or exagerated but nonetheless doesn't take away the anxiety associated with getting a threat like that.

I can't wait to see what Dopont has heard... I tried to tell you all that the PMing gossip with false info gets around like wildfire here... i gotta go soon but I will be back I can't wait

CAL gotta go real soon...

Hey Cal, how about telling your friends, like Bartlett, to mannup and not let trolls deter them from being a part of something they would otherwise enjoy. Opposition, criticism, hate...all these things are present in all aspects of life. If you can't push past them, you won't get anything done.

See if you can get Dupont to man-up before the CAL haters PM him to stop to get all their gossip straight...

CAL can man up too

You are attempting to redesign the CGC boards to your own liking, with no regard for its overall health and well-being and no sympathy for those who would be left by the wayside.

sad-cardboard-robot-500x334.jpg

See Cal-bot's previous post...try to comprehend.

ever vigilante Cal-bot

I have seen this forum step up and go way above and beyond for its members who were in need. That's what really matter. Some lunatic ranting about how to make the boards some sort of Caltopia just because of a few is irrelevant. What we see on this board is not all that unusual on the internet. In fact, there are boards that are far, far worse and inhabited by far greater individual_without_enough_empathys.

See if you can get Dupont to man-up before the CAL haters PM him to stop...

CAL can man up too

Don't mix me in with Dupont or anyone else; their position differs from mine. I'm not against you; I'm trying to have a sane discussion with you. Please remove yourself from the cross when responding to me.

COI who works alone.

Mark1,

great post. But be warned, any appearance of agreeing with the membership idea will put you in my camp. I am getting snide remarks from people I did not know existed here, but because of the membership idea, it has brought them out if you know what I mean???

concerned CAL

So, how come it was not a "great idea" when I posted it, lol?

Sharon, you should start a list. hm

See if you can get Dupont to man-up before the CAL haters PM him to stop to get all their gossip straight...

CAL can man up too

Sorry, I was busy trying to remember how to use the ignore function. Anyway, what I heard is this.

A new member joined the forum. Just as it has happened many times in my experience, this person was immediately accused of being a shill. From what I hear you had a large role (maybe a solo role) in successfully convincing the mods this person was a shill, getting the account permanently deactivated. This person being a new member had no idea what had happened and called CGC to see why the account was banned. All was cleared up, the account was reinstated, and life continued on.

i am here to further my dc war collection. so i hope that dont make me a troll

Only to other DC war collectors with which you are competing. (tsk)

;) (The more the merrier)

Jeffro who is irreverant

See if you can get Dupont to man-up before the CAL haters PM him to stop...

CAL can man up too

Don't mix me in with Dupont or anyone else; their position differs from mine. I'm not against you; I'm trying to have a sane discussion with you. Please remove yourself from the cross when responding to me.

COI who works alone.

From COI

To determine whether or not CGC lost money because of the way they operate this forum, you have to determine whether losses like this Bartlett fellow, due to the current state of the forum, are greater than the losses that would be incurred with this proposed change of yours. You can't demonstrate that, so Bartlett must remain unavenged for now.

COI who doesn't like misleading arguments

You inferred to being in a "misleading argument".

I am not mixing you w/ Dupont or anyone else.

Was hoping to get a different response out of you but it did not happen

If you work alone then why be here? I am now more confused

CAL hm

CAL can man up too

Sorry, I was busy trying to remember how to use the ignore function. Anyway, what I heard is this.

A new member joined the forum. Just as it has happened many times in my experience, this person was immediately accused of being a shill. From what I hear you had a large role (maybe a solo role) in successfully convincing the mods this person was a shill, getting the account permanently deactivated. This person being a new member had no idea what had happened and called CGC to see why the account was banned. All was cleared up, the account was reinstated, and life continued on.

Not registering at all. I wouild need to see the banned name, other circumstances, such as they were libeling me or calamerica-collectibles somehow, if what you say IS true, I will admit it immediately. But as of now, I really don't recall and can't recall without more specifics.

CAL sticking to his ideas and guns

i am here to further my dc war collection. so i hope that dont make me a troll

Only to other DC war collectors with which you are competing. (tsk)

;) (The more the merrier)

Jeffro who is irreverant

oke-key-doke-ee jeefro,what did i get from andy that you wanted?? :roflmao:

This isn't what I had in mind when I started this thread. I was bothered when someone tells me: "donna i shoot you in the head". I thought the beat me up ones were quite funny. I'll deal with this matter myself, even if I have to fly to a con. I'm more afraid of flying than dealing with Harold.

This isn't what I had in mind when I started this thread. I was bothered when someone tells me: "donna i shoot you in the head". I thought the beat me up ones were quite funny. I'll deal with this matter myself, even if I have to fly to a con. I'm more afraid of flying than dealing with Harold.

That's only because you can't smoke on a plane.

Have you reported it to the police, Mike?

there is one thing that i do like about this thread. cal has posted so many times that at times he has forgotten to use that third person speak that i cant stand.

only the rock can pull that off and not sound like a tool.

Have you reported it to the police, Mike?

Nope.

CAL can man up too

Not registering at all. I wouild need to see the banned name, other circumstances, such as they were libeling me or calamerica-collectibles somehow, if what you say IS true, I will admit it immediately. But as of now, I really don't recall and can't recall without more specifics.

CAL sticking to his ideas and guns

You know who he's talking about. Stop the BS. You thought the person in question was a shill for Stu and got them banned. The person called CGC and proved they weren't Stu and their ID was reinstated. Like this has happened more than once. Please meh