• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics You personally can't Understand Cost So Much

682 posts in this topic

I still feel that that the census is way off on AF15. Due to speculation I would imagine that AF15 is one of the most pressed and reslabbed keys out there. Now, the question is, how many have been pressed and reslabbed?

I wonder how many PLODS have been busted out, sold without revealing the resto, and then reslabbed as PLODs again.

I still feel that that the census is way off on AF15. Due to speculation I would imagine that AF15 is one of the most pressed and reslabbed keys out there. Now, the question is, how many have been pressed and reslabbed?

I wonder how many PLODS have been busted out, sold without revealing the resto, and then reslabbed as PLODs again.

That's another idea I had never thought of. True... There cannot be that many in reality that are on the census.

That's another one. You can almost get a 9.2 DD1 for $500. lol

Love the discussion ... but for $500 you can not touch a DD #1 9.2 I wish you could.

Haha, I would throw in a personal fallatio + $500 for a 9.2. I picked up a 4.5 for 500 several months back and I was very pleased with myself.

Tales to Astonish #27.

First appearance of Ant-Man for $500 in "Good" condition? Get out of here.

No one likes Ant-Man, and if you say you do, you're lying.

Ha Ha. Just read this thread for the first time.

There are a lot of postings I could pull out for posterity and quote. Postings about GL 76, etc. But I will go with this one.

My my. How things can change.

$500 for "Good" condition is a bargain. I just sold on eBay a 1.5 for $580. 2.0 is bringing more like $800

I can't believe how much the Midtown variant of Amazing Spider-Man #700 goes for. I wanted a copy, but hesitated to pre-order one from Midtown because of all the horror stories I'd heard about their shipping. I figured I'd be able to grab one for a reasonable price from elsewhere once they were officially released, but that didn't happen because the book became a $100+ comic almost immediately. There's no way I'm ever paying that for this book.

I can't believe how much the Midtown variant of Amazing Spider-Man #700 goes for. I wanted a copy, but hesitated to pre-order one from Midtown because of all the horror stories I'd heard about their shipping. I figured I'd be able to grab one for a reasonable price from elsewhere once they were officially released, but that didn't happen because the book became a $100+ comic almost immediately. There's no way I'm ever paying that for this book.

Going for close to $200 on eBay. Give it a few years. Thing will come down in price.

I'm glad I payed $10 bucks for the set!

I'm glad I payed $10 bucks for the set!

Would you like to make a small profit on your investment? hm

The one that always gets me is TTA #27.

It's freaken ANT -MAN! lol

He's grown on me a little in recent years but I just cannot, for the life of me, ever, bring myself to pay for it.

I agree. I'm not a TTA 27 expert, but it doesn't predate FF #1 or anything. Pre-hero books are a little harder to find than their superhero counterparts, perhaps it's pricing involves more scarcity of the book?